Re: NFL 2021

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Ummmm. Not acceptable.

“I’m convince yal love my Johnson in yal mouth enjoy the win and shut tf up,”

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-viki ... ftneyvo-1A
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:08 pm Ummmm. Not acceptable.

“I’m convince yal love my Johnson in yal mouth enjoy the win and shut tf up,”

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-viki ... ftneyvo-1A
Lots of grumbles whenever he gets torched at home. Shitty situation--he's been terrible. In each of the first 4 weeks of the season was ranked dead last by PFF. Every week. Then the 7-year vet goes after the fans. Very smooth FA signing.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

A Veach win!
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:08 pm
NotGutterGutter wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:05 pm Bears Super Bowl!
Khalil Herbert had 18 carries today.
God we wasted that guy's talent. Two different coaching staffs did actually.

Dude goes for almost 300 rushing yards the week after getting 137, Baty gives him 8 carries a game the rest of the season and the next.

Dude goes for 187 yard against BC and is averaging 10 yards per carry on 36 carries, and then we give him 7 carries the next game and he transfers.

Goes to VT and averages 118 ypg on 15.5 carries (7.6 yard per carry) and 8 TDs.

Not only are we bad at recruiting and developing talent, our idiot coaches can't even recognize talent when they've got it, and prove it on the field.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:55 pm

Dude goes for almost 300 rushing yards the week after getting 137, Baty gives him 8 carries a game the rest of the season and the next.

Dude goes for 187 yard against BC and is averaging 10 yards per carry on 36 carries, and then we give him 7 carries the next game and he transfers.

Not only are we bad at recruiting and developing talent, our idiot coaches can't even recognize talent when they've got it, and prove it on the field.
He's also 7th in the nfl in kick return yard average.

He was good at it at VT too, and we never put him back there.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I recall there being injury issues, but having Pooka at the same time hurt the carries.

Always thought Herbert was better all-around, but Pooka had that shot out of a cannon feel.

I think we knew what we had with them, but we couldn't keep them around. I wouldn't stick around, either. James Sims deserves a ring of honor spot, because he deserved a lot better than the career he stuck around for.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:05 pm

I recall there being injury issues, but having Pooka at the same time hurt the carries.

Always thought Herbert was better all-around, but Pooka had that shot out of a cannon feel.

I think we knew what we had with them, but we couldn't keep them around. I wouldn't stick around, either. James Sims deserves a ring of honor spot, because he deserved a lot better than the career he stuck around for.
There's really no excuse not to have gotten Herbert 12-15 carries per game.

I get why having Pooka means you can't give him the rock 25 times a game, but, hell, the fact that Pooka weighed a165 lbs is more reason why Herbert should have at least gotten more than 8 carries per game.

And our lack of innovation was embarrassing. Let Pooka play in the slot, play two backs, you don't HAVE to have one be a lead blocker, use misdirection, run triple options, use one as a decoy, throw them the ball, etc.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not sure if my timeline is matching up, but I seem to remember Herbert being a casualty in the whole Beaty vs. Meachem power grab. What an embarrassment.

The BC game was all RPO and looked unstoppable. Then went back to Les's LSU offense for several games to fully piss Herbert off only to give the job to Dearmon after the transfer.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Had no idea the Gruden stuff would go this deep.

Resigns within an hour of NYT story.
Deleted User 887

Bad post
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

At the main point. Don’t say stupid shit. And don’t be repetitive about it. A one off and he slides. But to repeat it all over a 7 year window is another thing.

Second point, man everyone has dirt everywhere. Don’t be a public figure. You will get trashed at some point for a tweet, email, class letter, picture and so on. It’s the culture we live in. A non-forgiving one, regardless of the circumstances.

But let me repeat. Gruden was stupid and said stupid stuff over 7 years.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah ignore my post. Didn’t realize it was part of WFT investigation. Thought Gruden’s emails were randomly checked.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The thing that was eyebrow raising for me regarding the news last Friday was how recent it was. 2011 is way too late to be saying that shit. And, really, how stupid are you to email? But, the comment itself wasn't the worst part of it, so I figured a game, maybe two suspension.

But now you have a ton of emails from as recent as 2018? There is a lot wrong with cancel culture, digging deep into the past when society was different, etc. This was right before he was hired. He left immediately and we won't ever see him in the NFL again.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:02 pm At the main point. Don’t say stupid shit. And don’t be repetitive about it. A one off and he slides. But to repeat it all over a 7 year window is another thing.

Second point, man everyone has dirt everywhere. Don’t be a public figure. You will get trashed at some point for a tweet, email, class letter, picture and so on. It’s the culture we live in. A non-forgiving one, regardless of the circumstances.

But let me repeat. Gruden was stupid and said stupid stuff over 7 years.
Feels more like the main point should be "don't be a racist, misogynistic homophobe or it might cause you personal and professional grief" and not "don't put it in print that you are a racist, misogynistic homophobe or it might cause you personal and professional grief".
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“Don’t be a public figure. You will get trashed at some point for a tweet, email, class letter, picture and so on. It’s the culture we live in. A non-forgiving one, regardless of the circumstances.”

Correct.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm pretty sure we could find a post here by any poster that would get people fired up against any particular one of us
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Today? Maybe a few of us.
In 2031, for certain.

Some of the holdovers from kusports.com in 2011? Definitely.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:25 pm I'm pretty sure we could find a post here by any poster that would get people fired up against any particular one of us
Feel free to go through my posts and find anything that would be categorized as racist, mysogynistic or homophobic, let alone years of examples of all three.

Gruden didn't lose his job over one little off the cuff statement made 10 years ago. It was dozens of examples of all three of those inexcusable behaviors spanning more than 7 years. Stop this "pretty sure we could find a post here by any poster" BS. I dont know what your text and email history contains, but mine contains none of that.

People who.post stuff as openly racist, mysogynistic and homophobic as what Gruden sent in those emails get banned from this site.
Deleted User 887

Interesting but not surprising how pretty much everyone of you on here rarely (if ever) acknowledge/s incredible performances by quality QBs other than Mahomes.
Last night was an MVP type performance by Jackson.

New predictions......

AFC East
Buffalo 13-4
New England 7-10
Miami 5-12
NY Jets 4-13

AFC North
Baltimore 12-5
Cleveland 11-6
Cincinnati 10-7
Pittsburgh 9-8

AFC South
Tennessee 11-6
Indianapolis 6-11
Houston 5-12
Jacksonville 3-14

AFC West
Kansas City 12-5
Los Angeles Chargers 11-6
Las Vegas 8-9
Denver 7-10

NFC East
Dallas 12-5
Washington 7-10
Philadelphia 7-10
NY Giants 5-12

NFC North
Green Bay 13-4
Chicago 10-7
Minnesota 7-10
Detroit 3-14

NFC South
Tampa Bay 12-5
Carolina 10-7
New Orleans 9-8
Atlanta 6-11

AFC West
Arizona 14-3
Los Angeles Rams 12-5
San Francisco 9-8
Seattle 8-9
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lol at KC only loosing 2 more games this season.