COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 887

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 887 »

TDub wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:23 pm
sdoyel wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:11 pm Can you take a test to find out?
been trying to .... the state is apparently out of the take home tests...and apparently they're only doing free testing on Fridays around here now. so...is what it is. I'm not gonna make and appointment and sit in an office and pay for them to tell me yes or no. ill just stay home until we feel better.
A. Most importantly, I am sorry to hear/read you and your family members are ill!
B. If your state is "out of take home tests" then your state probably doesn't deserve to be a state.
Had I known, I would have sent you a few via FedEx this morning so you hopefully could/would have had them by tomorrow.
C. Only free testing on Fridays? That seems idiotic to me.
D. If you did take a test and tested positive, what would you do differently to treat yourself than how you're already treating your illness?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

to answer D: nothing. thats why I'm not too upset about it. The only thing I would change is...I usually push to get back to things early...I hate sitting if ai feel good enough to move. Obviously if Covid you can't do that.

So I guess you just assume you do and not risk anybody else. Which, is unfortunate at a time of year where their is more in need of being done than any other.
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:03 pm Lulz

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

So he’s telling the the State shouldn’t tell businesses how to operate but he signed an Executive Order that the State prohibits businesses requiring masks? Do I have it accurately? These guys are anything but prolife
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Hey TDub, I hope everyone is healthy soon.
Broham
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

what 99 said

and what a sad joke that you guys can’t get tested

good on you for being responsible tho
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I imagine that pharmacies would do free testing. I understand not wanting to get one and just assume you got it. If it does start to get worsen for you or anyone in your family, please err on the side of contacting a doc too soon rather than too late.
Broham
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Walmart, cvs, etc have stock of at home rapid antigen tests for 15 bucks, around here at least.

Free pcr testing at Walgreens, cvs, but perhaps that stock is low in some places.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:19 am I imagine that pharmacies would do free testing. I understand not wanting to get one and just assume you got it. If it does start to get worsen for you or anyone in your family, please err on the side of contacting a doc too soon rather than too late.
And order a pulse oximeter, now. Below 94 = ER.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Hope you feel better Tdub and everyone else. Have you got a flu shot yet? I got mine last week, I hate, hate getting the flu and although the flu shot is no guarantee against the flu, it's supposed to make other strains that you might get a little less severe.

I can tell you, I am so anal about washing my hands now and sanitizing, and most importantly, keeping my hands away from my face. I read somewhere that most germs and viruses are passed on by either sneezing or coughing and hands and on your hands they say germs/viruses love to hang out under your fingernails. Scrub, scrub and more scrub and I keep my fingernails cut short.
Last edited by shindig on Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

been trying to .... the state is apparently out of the take home tests...and apparently they're only doing free testing on Fridays around here now. so...is what it is. I'm not gonna make and appointment and sit in an office and pay for them to tell me yes or no. ill just stay home until we feel better.
Greatest health care system in the greatest country!
Deleted User 89

zsn wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:50 am
Greatest health care system in the greatest country!
how mich of you lol
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I understand how this spreads so easily if you are contagious for 2 weeks.

I feel a little better today and I'm already getting impatient. Its 24 degrees and I have no stockpile of wood. I've got clients calling wanting work done....and I need to start putting money in the bank (not to mention its never good for a new business to turn down work).

All that and I can't even confirm if it is the dreaded or just some other damn thing.

its all frustrating. normally I'd jump back in as soon as I was physically capable of making it through the day. Now......I cant...because my fucking conscience is telling me to sit at home and stew.

If I feel better this afternoon I might make a trip to the woods to drop a tree though...If I dont see anyone I can't infect anyone....
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

and aside from the physical exertion, time in woods might actually be better than being cooped up in the house

plus it should set your mind at ease at least a little, being at least somewhat productive
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yea...thats my thought process.....not to mention we got snow at 3000 ft last night and if I dont get on it soon.....I'm fucked. ha
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

where do you live. you have no way to get a covid test. no covid tests available. no firewood available.

sounds like a horrible place.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

lots of firewood. just have to work a little for it
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

and you're right..its terrible... you should definitely not move here.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

lol
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:26 am and you're right..its terrible... you should definitely not move here.
potd
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.