COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:11 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:08 am i saw that, twocoach

it’s a fucking shame. i’m half-tempted to love to florida or texas to open my own school and fleece the rubes...gonna be anti-science, pro-christianity, anti-immigration and anti-CRT

bout to make millions

(and might even set myself up for a run at the White House)
Looks like it's a private school in Miami--lots of things could be at play. But, certainly a basic understanding of how these types of vaccines work should be helpful.
yup

know how they work, much like knowing that CRT isn’t really an issue in primary school, makes me all the better positioned to fake news the shit outta those idiots and get paid
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:50 am after you go after kirie can you go after allison williams.

I will keep adding to your list. don’t want to miss anybody.
kirie?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:54 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:49 am Well, the Sackler family has pretty effectively won themselves immunity in the matter.

They’re worth billions that are somehow shielded from any bankruptcy or liability or anything.

Perhaps the question should be, is there any way to defend the Sacklers.
The topic really doesn't interest me that much, but, unless I am mistaken, your first two sentences are not a certainty.
I’m going off the last headlines I saw about them, which also appears to be the latest headlines (from about a month ago)

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:50 am after you go after kirie can you go after allison williams.

What's to go after? She had a choice to make and she made it.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:10 pm

just wait until late tonight early tomorrow.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:09 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:54 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:49 am Well, the Sackler family has pretty effectively won themselves immunity in the matter.

They’re worth billions that are somehow shielded from any bankruptcy or liability or anything.

The topic really doesn't interest me that much, but, unless I am mistaken, your first two sentences are not a certainty.
I’m going off the last headlines I saw about them, which also appears to be the latest headlines (from about a month ago)

Ah, yeah that's new from my last read on it. Without having read any of the agreement or court order, I do generally think there are potential issues with it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:10 pm

I read her statement, it was nothing controversial. She didn't go Loony Kyrie on anyone.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:55 am
Mjl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:10 am

But the reason I put this here... Depending on how true that show is, you had the entire medical industry pushing something, with FDA approval, something that was harmful and based on lies. If I am an anti-vaxer, I look at that and see the same thing with the Covid vaccines.
one thing i’ve been meaning to look into is the validity of the part of the story where a single person at the FDA approved a re-labeling of oxy, and then went on to work for purdue

this is the kind of nuance “people” forget (intentionally or otherwise) because it’s easier to blame big bad pharma rather than one person’s selfish decision

(that one person could be sackler, or it could be the former fda employee)
The above is the entire synopsis of season 4 of a fictional TV series called Goliath. Starring Billy Bob Thornton on Amazon Prime.
Deleted User 89

defixione wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:28 pm

But the reason I put this here... Depending on how true that show is, you had the entire medical industry pushing something, with FDA approval, something that was harmful and based on lies. If I am an anti-vaxer, I look at that and see the same thing with the Covid vaccines.
one thing i’ve been meaning to look into is the validity of the part of the story where a single person at the FDA approved a re-labeling of oxy, and then went on to work for purdue

this is the kind of nuance “people” forget (intentionally or otherwise) because it’s easier to blame big bad pharma rather than one person’s selfish decision

The above is the entire synopsis of season 4 of a fictional TV series called Goliath. Starring Billy Bob Thornton on Amazon Prime.
i’ve heard of it, but had no idea
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:08 am i saw that, twocoach

it’s a fucking shame. i’m half-tempted to love to florida or texas to open my own school and fleece the rubes...gonna be anti-science, pro-christianity, anti-immigration and anti-CRT

bout to make millions

(and might even set myself up for a run at the White House)
I think that exists already, it's called facebook
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

It applies to all people who don't get the vaccine, make no mistake about it.

Even moreso if you throw away a career in the process.

Asshole idiots. You like to reuse cute little nicknames like folks, and malcontents, and stupid shit like that. Now I have one. Prepare for me to use it often just like you do.

(The lone exception are those with allergies, and severe auto-immunity issues...those are the only legitimate reasons not to be vaccinated)
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Idonwanna
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’d be curious to see whether anti-vax correlates with other issues.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see many anti-vaxxers are also pro-gun, for instance. It just seems like both issues employ the same stubborn “idonwanna” arguments that don’t consider anything further than 3 inches from one’s own nose.

But I feel like there may be other even better correlations yet
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs ... /ejsp.2265

"Too special to be duped", that would be a good title for squirt's self published autobiography.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

“special” is definitely one way to put it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Throughout all this, I can’t help but wonder whether this era of YouTube misinformation was and is the cause, or just a symptom.

There’s always been a critical mass of folks who will only believe what they wanna believe, right?

Social media has just been the catalyst to bring the folks together.
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:09 pm I’d be curious to see whether anti-vax correlates with other issues.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see many anti-vaxxers are also pro-gun, for instance. It just seems like both issues employ the same stubborn “idonwanna” arguments that don’t consider anything further than 3 inches from one’s own nose.

But I feel like there may be other even better correlations yet
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid ... ement-2020

The Anti-Vaccine Movement in 2020

The popular depiction of antivaxxers as “earthy-crunchy” doesn’t tell the whole story. Anti-vaccine sentiment is strongly associated with conspiracy thinking and protection of individual freedoms, traits that are finding a home among far-right groups...

but, there is also a significant amount of hesitancy in black communities (but for entirely different reasons). i’d refer to this as vaccine hesitancy, rather than antivax
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:18 pm Throughout all this, I can’t help but wonder whether this era of YouTube misinformation was and is the cause, or just a symptom.

There’s always been a critical mass of folks who will only believe what they wanna believe, right?

Social media has just been the catalyst to bring the folks together.
it gives people a platform and microphone who otherwise have no business spouting their cockeyed beliefs
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That's the part that I hope isn't true - that one person at the FDA could get that label approved.
Deleted User 89

Mjl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm

That's the part that I hope isn't true - that one person at the FDA could get that label approved.
almost equally as bad, is if it is true and fda failed to correct the issue