Re: Jayhawks making $$$

Post by ousdahl »

It took literally the Supreme Court to say so, too
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:58 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:56 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:54 am We can talk about pie in the sky all day, but the environment is what it is.

NCAA was finally put in hot fucking water letting hogs line their pockets with millions in cash.
I think the arguments you and Fish are making are just as pie in the sky as pdub's.
I don't speak for fish, but my biggest argument has always been you can't morally (or legally) disallow NIL. And NIL is here.
Yes, and so with it is a decrease in interest from a large portion of the fan base.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:01 am
I think the arguments you and Fish are making are just as pie in the sky as pdub's.
I don't speak for fish, but my biggest argument has always been you can't morally (or legally) disallow NIL. And NIL is here.
Yes, and so with it is a decrease in interest from a large portion of the fan base.
is there any actual evidence of this?

i’m not saying your wrong, necessarily, but i really think it’s to early to know for sure...particularly the “large portion” aspect
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"I don't like the new food, drinks or management at my favorite pub. I may not go anymore."
"That's just the way it is. There's nothing you can do about it. It was inevitable really. I love the changes. Also, you're weird."
"Ok, you can love it, and I get it probably won't change, I was just saying I don't like it, and may not go anymore."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:04 am

i’m not saying your wrong, necessarily, but i really think it’s to early to know for sure...particularly the “large portion” aspect
Yes.

Pdub and I are a large portion of the fan base.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:04 am

I agree.
It's too early to tell.
My guess is you'll loose a lot of olds but the younger peeps won't care because they'll never have known anything different.
BWW Chad will take his two boys to BWW for March Madness and fucking love it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yet to be seen but it sure hasn't hurt college football at all. "Large" portion is not supported by anything (yet?).

Regardless, that small percentage of viewers lost just doesn't bother me. If given the choice, I'd feel better about the circus with acrobats that get a fair living rather than working for free.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:04 am "I don't like the new food, drinks or management at my favorite pub. I may not go anymore."
"That's just the way it is. There's nothing you can do about it. It was inevitable really. I love the changes. Also, you're weird."
"Ok, you can love it, and I get it probably won't change, I was just saying I don't like it, and may not go anymore."
You aren’t taking the ous and rosie off the sat shack menu, are you?!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn't know that the acrobats, who were just starting off as acrobats, got over 100k year in benefits.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

"working for free" lol

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:07 am
pdub wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:04 am "I don't like the new food, drinks or management at my favorite pub. I may not go anymore."
Hell no.
But imagine if The Sputnik bought out the Shack and installed brand new TV screens, had gimmicky things like stock prices on drafts, created a new whiskey cocktail menu with drinks like Gleaming Light of the Sky for 18 dollars, made the JukeBox digital and raised a play to 3 bucks.
Dale would shit on the floor and never come back.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Those poor D1 athletes.
Just struggling to get by.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:09 am "working for free" lol
Point taken, but you know what I meant--it's Barnum and Bailey making millions while the acrobats are given room and board. If the circus is barely squeaking by, I get it, but it's not and only some people were getting fat with cash.

It's been said over and over, but there are just so few examples where people aren't allowed to capitalize on their own personal market value. It's wrong and illegal, and that system is gone.
Last edited by CrimsonNBlue on Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, i've all along said fuck Barnum and Bailey, burn em down.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

much like social media, i tend to stay away from watching espn unless there’s a KU game on

are these endorsement deals really taking over their coverage?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:10 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:07 am
Hell no.
But imagine if The Sputnik bought out the Shack and installed brand new TV screens, had gimmicky things like stock prices on drafts, created a new whiskey cocktail menu with drinks like Gleaming Light of the Sky for 18 dollars, made the JukeBox digital and raised a play to 3 bucks.
Dale would shit on the floor and never come back.
Hell no.

Also, ps, Dale shat on the floor.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's fine.
He'll be back.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:17 am much like social media, i tend to stay away from watching espn unless there’s a KU game on

are these endorsement deals really taking over their coverage?
They talk a lot about it during football games.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:12 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:09 am "working for free" lol
Point taken, but you know what I meant--it's Barnum and Bailey making millions while the acrobats are given room and board. If the circus is barely squeaking by, I get it, but it's not and only some people were getting fat with cash.

It's been said over and over, but there are just so few examples where people aren't allowed to capitalize on their own personal market value. It's wrong and illegal, and that system is gone.
If there are examples of people not being able to capitalize on their own personal market value, it’s usually something like, cuz someone else is capitalizing on their value instead.

It seems to hold as true in college sports as it does in the strikes thread.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:20 am That's fine.
He'll be back.
He’ll be back?

Bro never left, he’s still passed out on the floor right next to the pile.

Might wanna clean that up before the lunch crowd gets here.