21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by ousdahl »

And it’s bad juju to mention injury when projecting lineups.

GTFO wit dat shit
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mjl wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:50 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:48 pm There's no way Braun isn't a part of the rotation.

Sorry ous.
I don't think it's no chance. Slim, sure. But he could, say, tweak an ankle and get Wally Pipp'ed
Ok, beyond something like this.
I think his coming off the bench for his junior year could be in the cards though.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:48 pm There's no way Braun isn't a part of the rotation.

Sorry ous.
Ya. I don't get the infatuation with hoping that happens.

Braun is better than Harris and Yesufu. That's really all there is to it. If Braun went to Drake he'd put up some crazy numbers too (and probably wouldn't be coming off the bench most of the year until injuries). Braun isn't some scrub. He dropped 30 in a game last year at KANSAS as a sophomore.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is Braun better than JCL?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:25 pm

Sorry ous.

Braun is better than Harris and Yesufu. That's really all there is to it. If Braun went to Drake he'd put up some crazy numbers too (and probably wouldn't be coming off the bench most of the year until injuries). Braun isn't some scrub. He dropped 30 in a game last year at KANSAS as a sophomore.
Yesufu looked a heck of a lot better against USC than Braun.

See, I can use useless metrics as if they prove a point too.
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:26 pm

Sorry ous.

Did he look "better" at basketball than Braun or did his box score just look better (against that common opponent) because he took 22 shots to score 26pts while his team got blown out by 16pts?

There's a difference.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:02 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:26 pm

Did he look "better" at basketball than Braun or did his box score just look better (against that common opponent) because he took 22 shots to score 26pts while his team got blown out by 16pts?

There's a difference.
The former.
Deleted User 863

Someone should let Bill Self know.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Have you even watched him play?
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:56 pm Have you even watched him play?
Hopefully Self has.

I've only watched him play at Drake where he needed 10 shots a game to average 12pts per game.

Being good at Drake doesn't always translate to being good at Kansas. And for the record i think he will be good at KU. I just don't think at this point it is even remotely realistic to say he's better than Braun. Especially if (according to Self) he can't even beat out Harris (who he is actually battling for minutes).
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:50 am
Hopefully Self has.

I've only watched him play at Drake where he needed 10 shots a game to average 12pts per game.

Being good at Drake doesn't always translate to being good at Kansas. And for the record i think he will be good at KU. I just don't think at this point it is even remotely realistic to say he's better than Braun. Especially if (according to Self) he can't even beat out Harris (who he is actually battling for minutes).
You're talking about the quote where he also was saying Harris is ahead of Remy?

And did you actually ever watch him at Drake? Most of your comments would indicate you didn't.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I did not watch a single minute of Drake basketball, but I think it's very understandable why everyone except ousdahl has CB ahead of Yesufu in the rotation.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Not til like February tho
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And besides, my prediction about Yes may be less about “being higher in the rotation” per se, and more about playing multiple small guards who move the ball.

The real “higher in the rotation” debate as it pertains to Braun, is JCL, and when I asked that, none of you guys even touched it

And - don’t get me wrong! I like Braun too. Seems like a good keed.
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:54 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:50 am
Hopefully Self has.

You're talking about the quote where he also was saying Harris is ahead of Remy?

And did you actually ever watch him at Drake? Most of your comments would indicate you didn't.
I watched 1 game of him at Drake....the USC game. Probably the only game any of the rest of watched too. Sorry, i don't exactly seek out Drake basketball games to watch because they suck and there are likely numerous better games (and other stuff) to watch on any given game night for them.

And yes, the same quote where he said Harris is ahead of Remy....whether Harris is truly ahead of Remy or not remains to be seen, but all indications are that Harris is absolutely ahead of Yesufu.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:05 am Not til like February tho
That is like 3-4 months away. They're not transforming significantly during that time most likely. It isn't like Yesufu is fresh out of high school. He's the same age as Braun.

Any predictions of improvements for Yesufu while pretending Braun is a finished product are being made with people's hearts because they don't like CB (as a player) for whatever reasons.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:07 am And besides, my prediction about Yes may be less about “being higher in the rotation” per se, and more about playing multiple small guards who move the ball.

The real “higher in the rotation” debate as it pertains to Braun, is JCL, and when I asked that, none of you guys even touched it

And - don’t get me wrong! I like Braun too. Seems like a good keed.
Braun is better than JCL. And also ahead of him in the rotation.

All of your takes are being made with your heart and not with your head (brain).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It goes both ways. If Illy says no way Yesufu is ahead of CB and the response is "did you see him play?" then the same question can be said about anyone thinking Yesufu could be ahead of CB. Doubt too many are finding reddit streams of Drake games. Only thing we know is that he played pretty well towards the end of the season at a much smaller program and league.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This whole thing of Self saying this past week that we could play 10 guys is kind of interesting. Don't recall him saying exactly those words. Hoping it is because the team is so loaded like 2008/2010 and not because all of the bench guys suck equally like 2021.