Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs 2021

Post by pdub »

We got 10-7 written all over us.
Blame for me goes:
1. Spags. Gotta go.
2. Veach. The Clark overpay. The whiffing of stars with your high picks. No competent 2nd WR.
3. Frank Clark and Chris Jones. How many sacks do you have this season? How much money do you make?
4. Mahomes. Just playing poorly compared to years past.
5. Andy. I’m sure many will want him further up the blame game but I think Mahomes is improving some of the plays.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also concerning is that our newly invested OLine was letting the Titans get after Mahomes without bringing much extra pressure.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

O Line was terrible
D Line was terrible

Hard to win anything like this. Chefs will be watching the playoffs from home.

JUNK!
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Defense needs overhaul this offseason.

Goodbye Clark.
Goodbye Hitchens.
Don't trade your draft picks -- use em all on young defensive players.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:42 am We got 10-7 written all over us.
Blame for me goes:
1. Spags. Gotta go.
2. Veach. The Clark overpay. The whiffing of stars with your high picks. No competent 2nd WR.
3. Frank Clark and Chris Jones. How many sacks do you have this season? How much money do you make?
5. Andy. I’m sure many will want him further up the blame game but I think Mahomes is improving some of the plays.
Assume you mean improvising?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Whoops.
Yes.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I stopped watching at half time, still had the game on but decided laundry and sorting socks would be more exciting. Feels good to knock out my laundry and put everything away. I normally just have a pile of socks that I dig through to find matches, but wow, having them all organized is way, way better...who'd da thunk?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:26 am Whoops.
Yes.
Was going to say, if Mahomes is improving the plays, then Reid is #1 with a damn bullet.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:27 am I stopped watching at half time, still had the game on but decided laundry and sorting socks would be more exciting. Feels good to knock out my laundry and put everything away. I normally just have a pile of socks that I dig through to find matches, but wow, having them all organized is way, way better...who'd da thunk?
I got on the elliptical from the second half kick until Mahomes' head hit his shoulderblades.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn’t get the game up here so it was yard work and Halloween decorations for me while occasionally looking at my phone in horror.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:41 am I didn’t get the game up here so it was yard work and Halloween decorations for me while occasionally looking at my phone in horror.
Shaking your phone, wondering if it's broken? Unbelievable to be stuck at 3.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Getting texts like "um...".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:42 am We got 10-7 written all over us.
Blame for me goes:
1. Spags. Gotta go.
vs Giants - win
vs. Packers - loss
@ Raiders - loss
vs Cowboys - loss
vs Broncos - win
vs Raiders - win
@ Chargers - loss
vs Steelers - win
@ Bengals - loss
@ Broncos - win

Final record of 8-9. Maybe we pick up a win @Raiders but maybe we pick up a loss vs. Steelers. The rest I feel pretty comfortable with.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll throw another win in there - @ Raiders or v Greenbay or the Cowboys.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Green Bay has won 6 in a row. Most of them have been against the type of garbage teams that the Chiefs have been able to beat but they did beat the Bengals in that ridiculous missed FG doinkfest.

Hard to know what to think about the Raiders.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I don't see a quick fix for this season. I just don't. This team, IMO is closer to the bottom than they are the top. They are going to have to do a complete overhaul in the off-season and that means having some very difficult decisions to make coming up.

If this Chiefs organization wants to be closer to the Patriots than the Packers or Seattle they are going to have to make business decisions first. That means trying to trade Jones. Not renewing Tyrann. Trying to trade Tyreek. Not extending Kelce either. For to long this franchise has been able to get away with 'putting band-aids on bullet wounds'. That band-aid was 15 but when 15 came down to earth that revealed a glaring lack of talent on both sides of the ball. You compound that with bad front office moves and coaching hires you get what we see currently.

I hope I'm wrong but even then that might be 'fools gold' at best. This team needs a fresh start and changes on just about every level other than QB.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm keeping Kelce, Hill and Mahomes together if I can.
Trading Jones and not renewing Mathieu should be on the table.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:57 am I'm keeping Kelce, Hill and Mahomes together if I can.
This is where I'm at.

I'm also not as down as most seem to be. Yesterday was an abomination, of course, and elite teams simply don't do that.

Well, the Chiefs aren't elite.

But nor are they, I don't think, truly worse than above average.

We'd feel very differently today if CEH hadn't fumbled that ball, and there hadn't been the fluky turnovers against the Chargers.

Which isn't to say those things didn't happen, or the results don't count. But I still very much think this is a team that can round itself into being the scariest road team in the playoffs.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:57 am I'm keeping Kelce, Hill and Mahomes together if I can.
Again, I love Tyreek. I love Kelce but for the money they will both want, demand and deserve to get you can't keep both. Now if Kelce wants to take a 'hometown' discount sure you keep him but the football side of things says he can't keep up the production he is putting up with his age. I love Tyreek. There is no one else like him but if this coaching staff can't find ways to get him the ball consistently you simply can't afford to pay him like a top 5 WR when his biggest impact, which is the deep ball is being taken away.

You DO NOT renew Mathieu. He is a luxury guy not a player you build a defense around. Renewing Jones was such a bad idea because I never saw him as a consistent, three down lineman much less for the amount the Chiefs are on the book for.

Veach and Co. have absolutely put this team in a dire situation because of bad contracts and even worse drafts.
Holidaysmore - 2005