COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:37 am At this point, I personally don't think i'd go to dinner with someone who was unvaxxed.
I understand that when I go to dinner, I likely am in an area of several unvaxxed, but they aren't sitting at my table.
Also, if they're that stupid, that's gonna make for some awful dinner conversation.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:37 am At this point, I personally don't think i'd go to dinner with someone who was unvaxxed.
I understand that when I go to dinner, I likely am in an area of several unvaxxed, but they aren't sitting at my table.
In most of the Bay Area (maybe all of the Bay Area, I’m not certain) restaurants check vaccination cards and id for indoor seating. I went with my group for a happy hour to a restaurant/bar near our work last week and they checked everyone. Glad I had the pictures of the State issued QR code certificate and my vaccination card on my phone.

So, if I was seated at a table with someone I can be sure that they were vaccinated or went to the trouble of obtaining a fake certificate. The latter truly bothers me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I do not like the vaccine passport.
But I also would not want to eat dinner with someone who is unvaxxed, especially if it was an important topic to them.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:31 am it took me 3 minutes to shake you out of your tree.
cuz i’ve got a strong ignorance meter
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:16 pm I do not like the vaccine passport.
But I also would not want to eat dinner with someone who is unvaxxed, especially if it was an important topic to them.
i am an adult. i know the vaxx is a hot button topic. i do not converse with others about the vaxx. it is a hot button topic that some are very passionate about. i do not care what your opinion is. i'm an adult. i can form my own, on my own. i am not going to stand there while you force feed me your opinion. regardless of what side you fall on.

in the real world it is very easy to stay away from the topic if you want to.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I just imagine eating dinner with MICH would be like eating dinner with that guy from UP - before he met the fat kid and the dog who cried squirrel who made him more nice.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Isn't needing to constantly say that you're an adult just about the strongest indicator of immaturity that there is?

I'll answer, yes, it is.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Broham
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You KNOW Mich rocks a mullet just like his hero Mike Gundy.

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:16 pm I do not like the vaccine passport.
I think phrases like vaccine passport have become trigger words, much like death panels were about a decade ago. They have really no underlying argument or thought or basis in fact, but ended up as a pejorative. We show documentation for a lot of our day to day activities (TSA security check point, doctors office, traffic stops etc). Until we get a handle on the spread of the disease we may be required to comply with public health requirements. I have no problem with that. Call it a passport or throatwarbler mangrove…….
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:13 pm Isn't needing to constantly say that you're an adult just about the strongest indicator of immaturity that there is?

I'll answer, yes, it is.
100%

A few months ago, our kids had a bunch of friends over for a pool party.
One kid was loud as fuck, I walked out to the patio and asked him to lower his voice.

He told me he was a grown ass man. I said "please tell me what makes you a grown ass man"? His answer was because he had a fiance and a kid. He is 21.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I don't really go out to dinner with anyone but my family and I am aware of their vaccination status. As for whether or not other people in the restaurant are vaccinated or not, I don't really care. They are far enough away from me that I am not concerned. I will trust my vaccination, my health and my behavior to protect me. I eat out maybe 2 times a month so I am not rolling the dice very often.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I wouldn’t have handled that dinner conversation as smoothly.

Thankfully I haven’t been put in that position (yet).
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

peaceful protest is wonderful.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Fine by me. Protest all they want, looks like a nice sunny day out there.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

except how many protesters, of various persuasions, have been arrested for doing that very thing (blocking traffic)?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh I’m sure NYPD was quick to counter the NYPD.

You know, tear gas, rubber bullets, and also this:

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I generally have bad things to say about the NYPD.
( sorry good officers, a lot of the people I dealt with in my 10 years there were not good officers )

In that GIF above, however, it looks as if the crowd was trying to stop them from driving on the road.
Were they using a metal barrier to push up against the vehicle?
I also see protestors pounding on the windows and doors. Tossing things at the vehicles.

So that's not a very good example for me ous.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

lawful assembly is a beautiful thing. God bless America.