NFL 2021

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: NFL 2021

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:36 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:03 pm Since Luck, I would rank the prospects as: 1. Lawrence, 2. Burrow, 3. Murray. And all guys that I could see winning SB's. Certainly MVP candidates.
I don't agree with this.
I am talking about their draft night rating. I recall both Lawrence and Burrow being better prospects because of size. And Murray being a little better than Mayfield, Goff and Jameis.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I have watched the Vikings with interest since they were purple people eaters. Man could they use a non-quirky QB some freaking day.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Its safe to say the Raiders won't have Ruggs for the near for seeable future, if ever. Charged with DUI resulting in a death. WOW.

Puts what Jalen did in perspective.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Yeah, his career is probably over
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Really awful stuff.

As for this:
Cascadia wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:24 pm Yeah, his career is probably over
This league gives everyone but Kaep multiple chances.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It's very possible his young-adulthood as a free man is over.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Whether he plays another down of football again he is going to have to live the rest of his life knowing that he killed someone. That is something you will never shake.

I also read some where that he lost a friend in high school to a drunk driving incident.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:59 pmI also read some where that he lost a friend in high school to a drunk driving incident.
I had just read this on his wiki page. That's rough.

Ruggs credits his friend Roderic Scott with encouraging him to play football in high school.[7] Scott died in a car accident at 17 years of age, and Ruggs honors him with a three-fingered salute after every touchdown because Scott wore number 3 on the basketball court.[7] Ruggs’ brother Kevontae played college football for Ole Miss in 2018 before transferring to Eastern Mississippi Community College in 2019.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

How much has changed since this:?
On the morning of March 14, 2009, Stallworth struck and killed a pedestrian while driving his car at the eastern end of the MacArthur Causeway in Miami Beach, Florida.

Around 7:15 a.m., Stallworth was headed toward the beach, driving a black 2005 Bentley Continental GT about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone, according to a Miami Beach Police report.[24] Mario Reyes, 59, was on the busy causeway, trying to catch a bus home after finishing his shift.[25] Stallworth claims that he flashed his car's headlights to warn Reyes.[26] Stallworth struck Reyes with his car, killing him.

In a police investigation, Stallworth admitted to drinking the night before the accident. News sources reported that his blood alcohol content was 0.12, over the legal limit of 0.08.[27][28]

On April 1, 2009, Stallworth was charged with DUI manslaughter; he surrendered to police on April 2, 2009, and was released on $200,000 bail.[29] Under a plea deal, he received a sentence of 30 days in the county jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service, two years of community control, and eight years' probation.[30] His Florida state driver's license was permanently suspended.[31] On July 10, 2009, Stallworth was released from county jail after serving 24 days of a 30-day sentence.

The Associated Press reported on June 16, 2009, that Stallworth and the Reyes family reached a financial agreement, avoiding a civil lawsuit. The amount of the settlement was not disclosed.[32]

On August 13, 2009, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Stallworth would be suspended for the 2009 season without pay. Stallworth was reinstated after Super Bowl XLIV.[33]
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

You can also add Leonard Little to that list. He killed a woman in St. Louis and got four years probation.

Different states and different laws. In Nevada you get popped for a DUI that causes substantial bodily harm or a fatality that is the second most severe felony you can get.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I won't pretend to know Nevada sentencing guidelines or county prosecutor trends--I do think that, if no significant priors, a lot of prosecutors will agree to plea deal this down. Meaning I don't foresee a lengthy jail sentence. You can rehabilitate this situation into something good.

How the NFL handles it in 2021 is a different story.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:33 pm I won't pretend to know Nevada sentencing guidelines or county prosecutor trends--I do think that, if no significant priors, a lot of prosecutors will agree to plea deal this down. Meaning I don't foresee a lengthy jail sentence. You can rehabilitate this situation into something good.

With no prior history of incidents, I would suspect that Ruggs would be back on the field some time next season.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Too funny. He'll play again so long as a Ray Rice-like video of the incident doesn't emerge.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:38 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:33 pm I won't pretend to know Nevada sentencing guidelines or county prosecutor trends--I do think that, if no significant priors, a lot of prosecutors will agree to plea deal this down. Meaning I don't foresee a lengthy jail sentence. You can rehabilitate this situation into something good.

With no prior history of incidents, I would suspect that Ruggs would be back on the field some time next season.
I seem to remember reading that the state of Nevada does not take into consideration (not having a prior history) when it comes to sentencing a DUI with substantial bodily harm or fatality. That is the court of law but we have seen the NFL is completely different.

You would have to believe he is looking at a minimum of a full one year suspension and a potential reinstatement after?
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:47 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:38 pm

I seem to remember reading that the state of Nevada does not take into consideration (not having a prior history) when it comes to sentencing a DUI with substantial bodily harm or fatality. That is the court of law but we have seen the NFL is completely different.

You would have to believe he is looking at a minimum of a full one year suspension and a potential reinstatement after?
No, I was just talking about how long the NFL would suspend him. I'll believe he gets jail time when I see it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:47 pmI seem to remember reading that the state of Nevada does not take into consideration (not having a prior history) when it comes to sentencing a DUI with substantial bodily harm or fatality. That is the court of law but we have seen the NFL is completely different.
But they can take into account the prosecutor's recommendation. And, he will most likely plead to a lesser crime than the rumored charged crime.

I think it's a different time than Stallworth/Little, and I'd think Ruggs is done for 2021 and 2022. But, do think he'll be reinstated if he wants to be.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:31 pm I have watched the Vikings with interest since they were purple people eaters. Man could they use a non-quirky QB some freaking day.
This Is The End Of Mike Zimmer

https://defector.com/this-is-the-end-of-mike-zimmer/
You already know about my team’s predilection for lakeside boat orgies and for gagging on their own tongue in vital moments. You know that they’re, statistically speaking, the winningest franchise to never win a Super Bowl. You may also be familiar with Kirk Cousins, king of all Jesus dorks and poster child for white Americans who think that politely declining the COVID-19 vaccine is a gesture worth respecting. But all of that shit is well-trodden ground for you, the casual NFL hater. What I’d like to do here is explain what makes the 2021 Minnesota vintage stand out amid all of that existing wreckage. So allow me to do that right now.

We’ll begin with head coach Mike Zimmer, who was compelled to hire Gary Kubiak’s son as his new offensive coordinator this offseason. This is because no other coaches want to work under Zimmer, and because Zimmer’s offensive preferences make Buddy Ryan look like fucking Einstein. Klint Kubiak, whose real name is Klint Kubiak, now presides over an offense that ranks seventh in yards per game but somehow 18th in points per game. The Vikings score on nearly every opening possession and then NEVER score again after that. They rank ninth in the league with 11 takeaways and have scored a grand total of 23 points off of those turnovers. They also rank 24th overall in third-down conversions. They have scored a grand total of four second-half touchdowns all season, three of which came in a single game.

[...]

[W]hat we’ve got here is a train about to make impact with a bridge abutment. It’s over. Zimmer won’t be here a year from now, and you can already tell that he knows it. They all know it. Maybe the Vikings manage to back into the NFC’s seven-seed with a sterling 6-11 record, but who gives a shit. This is a team that signed Cousins as the fabled Missing Piece three years ago and has spent every offseason blindly adding other Missing Pieces to justify it. All of it has failed, and the torrent of boos pouring down from the stands on Sunday night made it clear that even Minnesotans—goody-goody shitheads that they are—are no longer willing to quietly tolerate it. Everyone is really fucking pissed, which is as it should be.

I don’t believe in tanking. Not when other teams do it, and certainly not when my team does it. I only get so many of these games to watch every year, so I’d prefer my team win them so that I can enjoy myself now, and not get all hard for a draft slot that my dipshit of a GM will trade down out of anyway. But I can’t stand this James Dolan zone my team currently resides in, where they’re shitty, expensive, and out of date. I’d like a new coach, please. And a new offensive coordinator. And a new quarterback. And a new everything. The Vikings have spent the past few years convinced they’re better than they actually are, and the worst thing you can do as a fan is believe your team’s delusions as forcefully as they do. I won’t do that this time around. To save the Vikings, they must first fall into a vast and open sewer, choke on the fecal sludge within, and then dissolve so that something new might grow out of the runoff. You’re about to watch that beautiful, very natural cycle take place. It’s been a long time coming.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The warts just kind of showed up all at the same time. If Zimmer's not going to put together and coach a top 5 defense, then you have to move on, and it would have been better if it happened sooner, as Magary penned from atop his soapbox.

Klint's been a disaster, but I'm not so sure this isn't a Beaty-Meacham type situation.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Ruggs update. He and his girl are lucky to be alive.

Driving 156. Was going 127 when the air bags deployed. Also had a loaded handgun in the car and killed a dog.

A rumor going around from a staffer that Ruggs was at Top Golf before the incident and consumed 18 shots plus other mixed beverages.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:52 pm Ruggs update. He and his girl are lucky to be alive.

Driving 156. Was going 127 when the air bags deployed. Also had a loaded handgun in the car and killed a dog.

A rumor going around from a staffer that Ruggs was at Top Golf before the incident and consumed 18 shots plus other mixed beverages.
In before the "yeah but you guys did dumb stuff when you were young, too" ninnys:

1) I have never gotten behind the wheel after drinking anything close to 18+ shots of alcohol
2) I have never driven 150+ mph, let alone under the influence, let alone twice the legal limit
3) I have never had a loaded gun in my car, let alone while driving 150+ and at twice the legal limit