Game tonight

Kansas Basketball.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Game tonight

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:50 pm
hasbeen wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:42 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:37 pm Just to be clear, it's gonna be a whole year of if DMac does ANYTHING wrong, it's gonna be a big deal but if Remy takes deep 3's, if he's feeling it, and misses them, then it's cool.

Just want to get that out in the open before the season starts...so i'm clear.
Remy is the key to the national championship and Dave isn't. Remy has a proven track record of great college play and Dave doesn't. So, yes, you're correct -- dork.
If we lost Remy, we'd be fucked.
If we lost Dave, we'd also be fucked, maybe even moreso.
( btw great college play got zona state to 11-14 - I know the PAC12 was tough but )
You forget Mitch. You always forget Mitch.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm fine, thank you.
Ous can have my serving.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sparko wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:51 pm

Remy is the key to the national championship and Dave isn't. Remy has a proven track record of great college play and Dave doesn't. So, yes, you're correct -- dork.
( btw great college play got zona state to 11-14 - I know the PAC12 was tough but )
You forget Mitch. You always forget Mitch.
I didn't.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:37 pm Just to be clear, it's gonna be a whole year of if DMac does ANYTHING wrong, it's gonna be a big deal but if Remy takes deep 3's, if he's feeling it, and misses them, then it's cool.

From the guy who isolated 12 of Dave's games to show good he was on a team that got absolutely destroyed by a Pac-12 school.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I agree we'd be fucked if we lost either. But the scenario where we lose Dave and Remy gets hot in March and we win the title is much, much, much, much more likely than the scenario where we lose Remy and Dave gets hot in March and we win the title. And that's the point.

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn't isolate 12 of his games.
I 'isolated' 24 of his games from 30 of them.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mitch can throw down. And will average like two minutes a game. And get six blocks. And flex.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:54 pm

I agree we'd be fucked if we lost either. But the scenario where we lose Dave and Remy gets hot in March and we win the title is much, much, much, much more likely than the scenario where we lose Remy and Dave gets hot in March and we win the title. And that's the point.
There is more to basketball than getting hot and scoring.
Having a 6 foot 11 guy with bulk is a helpful thing.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:55 pm

The scenario where we lose a starting player and win the title is 100% dependent on one of our other players going on a crazy run in the tournament. But I still agree there's more to the game than scoring, which is why your Dave crush makes no sense.

- lobser
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Having a 6 foot 11 guy with bulk is a helpful thing.
Remember Danny? We used to have both. Memories.
Last edited by Sparko on Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That means so much more coming from a guy with a dildo on his chin.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Ah, yes, success in March is about having big men who occupy space. And that is why TRob, the Morri, and Dok have national titles.

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think you understand how helpful he is for the offense, just him being there in the center, taking space, drawing defenders.
And on defense, being able to body up.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:57 pm Ah, yes, success in March is about having big men who occupy space. And that is why TRob, the Morri, and Dok have national titles.
TRob did his part. Close.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I hope game threads aren't going to be like this all season.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dok finished no. 1 overall in 2020.
TRob lost in the final to another dude who occupied a ton of space.
The Morrii fell victim to Sherron 2010 going completely cold and continuing to hoist shots.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:00 pm Good grief, game threads aren't going to be like this all season I hope.
Nah, i'll eventually just ignore hasbeen.
I know how he rolls.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Harris looked really polished out there tonight. I dont recall if he shot any threes but he looked great handling the ball and playing defense. Very poised. And I loved the hustle by Adams. He is definitely going to help us in his spot minutes when someone gets in foul trouble.

And Agbaji looks like the guy I hoped he was last season.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:58 pm I don't think you understand how helpful he is for the offense, just him being there in the center, taking space, drawing defenders.
And on defense, being able to body up.
I completely understand why Dave is important, especially in a Bill Self offense. He needs to play well for us to win in March and April. But you and I watched different games last year if you think he has the ability to body up defensively, especially against the bigs we'd see in this hypothetical run to the F4.

I also understand that for nearly 20 years Bill Self's offense has found itself in situations where the clock is running down and someone just needs to go get a bucket outside of structure. I'm referring specifically to the hundreds of times where teams sagged off and took away our force feeding inside, leading to the weave that establishes nothing. This offense will always need a PG like Remy to get by and definitely needs one like him to eat up the broken possessions and push the offense to elite rather than just good.

- lobser
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

twocoach wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:00 pm I hope game threads aren't going to be like this all season.
You should make like pdub and ignore me. I don't care about your daughter, at all, but I wasn't going to say anything about it because I'm an adult.

- lobser