Game tonight

Kansas Basketball.
sdoyel

Re: Game tonight

Post by sdoyel »

Och will never make it in the pros without a mid-range shot.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And didn't seem to ( just yet ) improve on beating anyone ( Emporia State ) off the dribble.
Still, he's pretty elite and i'm psyched for his senior season.
Myfave.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Yesufu was the only “disappointment” from what i saw

KJ and Remy impressed

everyone else seemed to perform as i had hoped for the most part
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I was pleased at the improvement that Agbaji showed last night as well. Hoping for that "didn't hear what I wanted to hear at the NBA pre-draft meetings" bump that Svi had when he upped his 3pt fg % from 40% to 44% his senior season.

Agbaji is a career 35% 3pt shooter (37% last year). If he could bump that up into the low 40s that would be a huge addition to this team.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:25 pm I thought at least freshmen were allowed to play in exhibition?

And not loose eligibility toward a redshirt
Yep, just no regular season minutes.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I really, really like Pettiford; he's not a spectacular talent, but it seems like he's very confident in his own abilities...he doesn't have the mannerisms of a typical freshman guard.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:38 am I really, really like Pettiford; he's not a spectacular talent, but it seems like he's very confident in his own abilities...he doesn't have the mannerisms of a typical freshman guard.
Thought the same thing. He played and didn't look like a freshman to me. Still not sure what kind of road map there is for him to get playing time thought.

Remy, is going to by my favorite. Love his dawg and asshole mentality.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:18 am I was pleased at the improvement that Agbaji showed last night as well. Hoping for that "didn't hear what I wanted to hear at the NBA pre-draft meetings" bump that Svi had when he upped his 3pt fg % from 40% to 44% his senior season.

Agbaji is a career 35% 3pt shooter (37% last year). If he could bump that up into the low 40s that would be a huge addition to this team.
Sure he was improved in shooting percentage wise. But was 1-5 inside the 3 point line while getting to the line zero times. That's fine if he's going to be 3 and D in the league, but he HAS to get more diverse with his game. He's too good of an athlete not to be more diverse.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Remy is such a dynamic guard, but has issues with shot selection.

It’ll be fun to watch Self mold him. Hopefully he develops enough of a pg game too to be what this team needs, and what pros wanna see.

If he keeps chucking guarded jumpers early in the clock without moving the ball, expect more starts from Teahan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:08 am Remy is such a dynamic guard, but has issues with shot selection.

It’ll be fun to watch Self mold him. Hopefully he develops enough of a pg game too to be what this team needs, and what pros wanna see.

If he keeps chucking guarded jumpers early in the clock without moving the ball, expect more starts from Teahan
He seems to want to progress more towards what Self is describing to him so that's a good start. It will take some time to get him to not flip the switch to that mode so quickly; similar to how Mahomes is a little too quick to bail on a pocket and go try to make something spectacular happen. Sometimes the boring play is the best play and that's hard for some players to choose at a high rate.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:00 pm The Morrii fell victim to Sherron
I'm impressed
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Collins was a fantastic player.
Without him we would not have won a title.
So similar to Vonte v Oregon, Wiggins v Stanford or Perry v Nova - one game ( Collins v UNI ) does not make a career.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Among those examples, Vonte seems an exception.

And no, one game does not make a career.

Too many chik-fil-a sammiches does tho.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Don't know if it was mentioned, but those uniforms look incredibly sharp in game action.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Coach Self being himself. Great guy.

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:50 am Don't know if it was mentioned, but those uniforms look incredibly sharp in game action.
WAY better looking than last year's.