Daylight Savings Time question

Coffee talk.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Daylight Savings Time question

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I am dragging ass today. And I hate it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That wonderful time of the year when it's pitch black by the time you get out of the office parking garage. 😒
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:02 pm That wonderful time of the year when it's pitch black by the time you get out of the office parking garage. 😒
I know. And I feel the need to go to bed every night by 9pm until February.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I seriously don't understand it.

Read somewhere that the main point of it all is to make you make more use out of the daylight in spring, summer and early fall. Complete bullshit.

I mean, if we didn't change the time, the sun would rise at like 8:30 in the mornings. Which would be tough. But I think I would be ok with that compared to being barely sunny in the morning now to having the sunset later in the day. I would rather the sunset later and the sunrise later than sunrise early and sunset early.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

I think we are off day light savings now, so this would be normal time. If we stayed off DLS, this would be normal, but then in the Spring, we spring forward 1 hour, so that is why in the Summer it doesn't get dark until sometimes after 9pm. I say just split the difference and leave it, meaning move forward 30 minutes in the Spring and don't change it again.