Supply shortages

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Supply shortages

Post by ousdahl »

Apparently for all sorts of products across all sorts of industries

Been going on for a while, I guess.

I got a new fishing rod that was supposedly in stock when I purchased, but now on backorder

Only slightly less tragic, is I know a guy with cancer who was just informed he should be prepared to expect chemo shortages too

(And I’m being silly, of course cancer medicine is more important than fishing…sorta)
defixione
Contributor

Re: Supply shortages

Post by defixione »

Windows and doors from Pella are now 4 months out. Usually 6 weeks for delivery . . .
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Tons of the shit I order for research is on back order.

Getting to the point where I have a grad student who might need to change her timeline for getting her degree.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

as much as the mich’s of this world want to blame biden, this is a global issue and highlights just how fragile the system has always been
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Pallets. Wooden pallets are the huge deal in pharmaceutical supply chain right now. Has nothing to do with all the issues we normally deal with! It’s all about what we load everything on. Plastic pallets are generally available but no way to get them back to the manufacturer
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

zsn wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:54 pm Pallets. Wooden pallets are the huge deal in pharmaceutical supply chain right now. Has nothing to do with all the issues we normally deal with! It’s all about what we load everything on. Plastic pallets are generally available but no way to get them back to the manufacturer
I have about 10 wooden pallets at home, someone can have them if they come get them.

I had a friend in HS who had a summer and part time job repairing pallets for a bentonite company. too bad HS students no longer want part time jobs.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:05 pm
zsn wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:54 pm Pallets. Wooden pallets are the huge deal in pharmaceutical supply chain right now. Has nothing to do with all the issues we normally deal with! It’s all about what we load everything on. Plastic pallets are generally available but no way to get them back to the manufacturer
too bad HS students no longer want to work
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Life is hard
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, so there’s even a shortage of high school students?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:05 pm
I have about 10 wooden pallets at home, someone can have them if they come get them.

I had a friend in HS who had a summer and part time job repairing pallets for a bentonite company. too bad HS students no longer want part time jobs.
Unfortunately the marketplace hasn’t kept up with the regulations and reuse. Any pallet coming into the warehouse of a manufacturer has to meet treatment and tracking requirements. However, one would think that others would pick up the downstream and reuse them so that there’s always an uninterrupted supply for regulated use (Pharma, food). There’s no requirement (as far as I know) for loading potting soil on used pallets.

But everyone is competing for the same new ones! No one seems to want the second use pallets although they are perfectly fine for their use.

It’s really crazy how much the transportation struggles are affecting things we took for granted.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I ordered some Audi decals for my A4, just a couple small ones that say Quattro to put on the side and a larger one for the rear bumper. That was 2 months ago and they are still sitting somewhere off the coast of California I presume.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

this isn't going to improve for some time
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

shindig wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:44 am I ordered some Audi decals for my A4, just a couple small ones that say Quattro to put on the side and a larger one for the rear bumper. That was 2 months ago and they are still sitting somewhere off the coast of California I presume.
do you still have the SHINDIG in Olde English across the back window?
shindig

Post by shindig »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:47 am
shindig wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:44 am I ordered some Audi decals for my A4, just a couple small ones that say Quattro to put on the side and a larger one for the rear bumper. That was 2 months ago and they are still sitting somewhere off the coast of California I presume.
do you still have the SHINDIG in Olde English across the back window?
Hell yeah, with a skull....lol.

It's just these. My Audi is graphite black, so these will look cool, at least I think. And these are in TX, but apparently only in red, hence why mine are off the coast somewhere.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201393832750
Last edited by shindig on Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you know it's bad when the yuppies can't get their audi decals.

what are we gonna do.
shindig

Post by shindig »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:30 am you know it's bad when the yuppies can't get their audi decals.

what are we gonna do.
yuppy...lol. I'm far from a yuppy. I don't have kids so I can buy nicer cars. And I bought my 2015 Audi A4 S line at an auction in Dallas. It only had $26k miles when I bought it 2.5 years ago for $20k, it was $46k new.
Last edited by shindig on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

that's a first world problem when your audi decals are on back order.

be sure to tell that story at the club tonight.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:56 am that's a first world problem when your audi decals are on back order.

Loser.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

why does mich always seem so angry, like he perpetually gets his cheerios pissed in?
shindig

Post by shindig »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:56 am that's a first world problem when your audi decals are on back order.

dude, I'm not complaining, just mentioned it, jeebus. And I'm 50, I won't be going to any clubs tonight. I'm meeting some friends on the Plaza for happy hour for a friends birthday, I'll probably be home by 7pm...lol.