It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This thread would make me root against USMNT (while not watching) if it were against any squad but fucking El Tri.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DVR the soccer game if you must.....bad fans
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

wtf! Blow outs are the best games. Stress free, Maybe a Selden throws a half court lob to a Bragg and you get to see someone receive a T-bagging.

I like watching us kick the shit out of people, I don't even have to yell at my tv.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:40 am DVR the soccer game if you must.....bad fans
I love soccer, sometimes more than football. And all that said, there are very, very few soccer games I'd care to watch a full replay of. Not a sport made for TV.

Watch the goddamn Hawks and catch the highlights of 4 missed goals and 1 made one.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:43 am wtf! Blow outs are the best games. Stress free, Maybe a Selden throws a half court lob to a Bragg and you get to see someone receive a T-bagging.

I like watching us kick the shit out of people, I don't even have to yell at my tv.
I remember catching shit for watching the whole KU-Yale(?) basketball game before joining friends watching the UT-USC mythical championship game. Why the hell would I care about texas or USC?

Poster dunks and B Rush highlights.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

(i actually like soccer and played as a kid, but Tosh has some great bits about it)
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:44 am
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:43 am wtf! Blow outs are the best games. Stress free, Maybe a Selden throws a half court lob to a Bragg and you get to see someone receive a T-bagging.

I remember catching shit for watching the whole KU-Yale(?) basketball game before joining friends watching the UT-USC mythical championship game. Why the hell would I care about texas or USC?

^^^^

This guy gets it.

Competitive games are only fun if you don't have a rooting interest or you have money on the outcome.

I will say, blowing out a quality opponent is better, but any blowout win is a good thing.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 am

^^^^

This guy gets it.

Competitive games are only fun if you don't have a rooting interest or you have money on the outcome.

I will say, blowing out a quality opponent is better, but any blowout win is a good thing.
Casual fans when KU loses: at least it was a good game.

"I will murder you."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yes x 100
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:43 am
TDub wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:40 am DVR the soccer game if you must.....bad fans
I love soccer, sometimes more than football. And all that said, there are very, very few soccer games I'd care to watch a full replay of. Not a sport made for TV.

Watch the goddamn Hawks and catch the highlights of 4 missed goals and 1 made one.
I tried to be a "Go USA" guy and watch a USWNT World Cup match with some friends once. The opposing team did not register a single shot on goal the entire game. Sorry, but if a team playing in the highest level tourney in your sport cannot manage a single scoring chance in that long of a game then it is just too boring for me. Half the time I think football is too boring because of all the down time between plays so soccer definitely doesn't hold my attention.

Basketball is the right sport for my ADHD brain.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 am

^^^^

This guy gets it.

The most fun games to me are the competitive games that KU wins. All of my favorite KU fan experiences have been at very competitive KU wins. Blowouts are less stressful but less entertaining unless KU just puts on an absolute basketball clinic and looks like world beaters in the blowout.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:50 am

(i actually like soccer and played as a kid, but Tosh has some great bits about it)
To me, soccer is just the sport that little kids play until they are coordinated enough to play more entertaining sports.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh god damnit.

Fucking beav wants to watch the fucking Oregon state/Iowa state game that comes on at the same fucking time
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:54 am Oh god damnit.

Fucking beav wants to watch the fucking Oregon state/Iowa state game that comes on at the same fucking time
Do you seriously not have 2 TVs in your house?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

As Jay Pritchett (AKA Al Bundy) once said about soccar, "I prefer a sport where something happens."
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TVs?

Actually bro, I’m a millennial
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Shut up
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

OK boomer.

lol sorry I couldn’t resist.

Hope we’re cool 99!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We cool. Just said the first semi-funny thing that popped into my head.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea me too.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I gotta go get ready to watch this game.

You know, charge my smartphone and prep the avocado toast and such.