2022 CBB Season

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: 2022 CBB Season

Post by twocoach »

Speaking of Duke, I just saw that Gonzaga is slated to play not only #2 UCLA tonight but then #5 Duke this Friday, also in Vegas. Gotta hand it to Gonzaga; they make up for not playing anyone worth a shit in their conference by scheduling really great non-conference opponents.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:47 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:37 pm i really can’t believe you two think he should get a pass
If a Kansas player got a similarly BS charge, I would not expect them to be suspended at all as has been proven out repeatedly under Self. Hating Duke, which I do, doesn't mean I have to be unreasonable and inconsistent just to prove what a good fan I am.
i’m not even arguing punishment one way or the other outside of the actual legal issue/s

illy asked a question and i gave him a reasonable answer…he didn’t like my answer (which said zero about actual punishment)
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:55 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:37 pm i really can’t believe you two think he should get a pass
If a Kansas player got a similarly BS charge, I would not expect them to be suspended at all as has been proven out repeatedly under Self. Hating Duke, which I do, doesn't mean I have to be unreasonable and inconsistent just to prove what a good fan I am.
i’m not even arguing punishment one way or the other outside of the actual legal issue/s

illy asked a question and i gave him a reasonable answer…he didn’t like my answer (which said zero about actual punishment)
You didn't give an answer. You asked a string of smart ass questions.

And now you are saying you don't even necessarily disagree...strange.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Then what is this "pass" you are referring to other than some of us trying to pass on continuing this boring conversation to discuss actual basketball that matter?

I just don't care about this kid, the charge he was arrested for or the fact that he didn't get suspended. If this was any other team outside of the hated rivals of Duke, Kentucky, Mizzou or Kansas State then this conversation would have ended long ago but people keep trying top make it be something regardless of the fact that it just isn't.
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:57 pm

You didn't give an answer. You asked a string of smart ass questions.

And now you are saying you don't even necessarily disagree...strange.
you asked what he did wrong and i gave you two examples of what he did wrong, one legal and the other at the institutional level (and Ousie gave another)

my questions were in response to your seemingly dismissive question, “what did he even do wrong”?

if i mischaracterized that question, and you do actually think that what he did was wrong on some level, then i apologize. if so, maybe state your stance rather than asking stupid questions and then getting all defensive

strange indeed
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:22 pm Illy defending Duke is right on brand

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Do I think Banchero did anything that wrong, no.

Do I think he should have answered, when asked if he had regrets, was to be more responsible with drinking laws since he is representing Duke, of course.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, the whole thing reeks of smug arrogance.

But no real surprise considering that’s the foremost tenet of the dookie code of conduct.

Heaven forbid, K actually punish a star, or a star actually exhibit regret about being arrested, or either one display an iota of humility.
Deleted User 89

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:59 pm Do I think Banchero did anything that wrong, no.

Do I think he should have answered, when asked if he had regrets, was to be more responsible with drinking laws since he is representing Duke, of course.
so, breaking the law isn’t wrong?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I never felt bad about drinking underage. But I pretended to when I got caught. Pretty simple really.....at least feign remorse out of respect for the authorities that be. I never represented a top 5 college basketball program either. Say you're sorry....you dont have to truly regret any of it. its nothing that 99.999% of college kids....18/19/20 year olds in general havent done and won't continue to do.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

college kids get caught doing dumb shit all the time, but only like .001% of those kids make headlines on ESPN the next day.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man, am I glad Jalen just had his lawyer write a Twitter apology and leave it at that.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Breaking the law is not always wrong, to me, no.

I disagree with many laws.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I know many/most of you don't like the guy (as an announcer) but this is good news - for him.

Watch the video

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:31 pm Breaking the law is not always wrong, to me, no.

I disagree with many laws.
But we’re not here to debate the laws themselves.

Take that shit to the not on the hoops bored thread.

This is about whether a college hoops player, and a dookie in particular, deserves punishment for getting caught breaking the law.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Happy Dookie V is calling a game this year. Even happier it's not ours.
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If I were K, I'd first hate looking at myself in the mirror *, but second, I'd probably have suspended him one game and made him run sprints after he responded "no" to whether he had any regrets.

But the law is dumb.

*if there even was a reflection
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

damn, two POTD candidates in a row
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ksu close at half with illy.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:29 pm If I were K, I'd first hate looking at myself in the mirror *, but second, I'd probably have suspended him one game and made him run sprints after he responded "no" to whether he had any regrets.

But the law is dumb.

*if there even was a reflection
I guess i missed his "no" answer to a gotcha question about regrets... if i were K i would be more likely to sit him a game or half or at least a non start for that dumbass answer than for an underage drinking ticket.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.