It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: It's Game Day, Ladies and Gentlemen

Post by ousdahl »

Hey you guys, guess what the most important thing happening today is!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Getting Mrs 99 outta the hotel room and into the car. We're at least an hour away from that.
Broham
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

YouTubeTV's best feature might be the ability to record Kansas Basketball and it will record regardless of time or channel. Combine that with the unlimited storage and you can watch games whenever you want.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:18 am Hey you guys, guess what the most important thing happening today is!
celebrating genocide?
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:38 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:18 am Hey you guys, guess what the most important thing happening today is!
celebrating genocide?
Unfortunately, that’s the honest truth (about today’s history that no one really thinks about).
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

No idea why KU athletics is saying this game is on espn2. It was always going to be on espn.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Let's go Jayhawks!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Round 2...

FIGHT!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

National Championship or bust
Broham
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ugh, what's this 10:30 am start time bullshit
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KU sports has midnight? Editors are overrated.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I just googled “Kansas St. John’s basketball” expecting to see what time and channel it’s on, and Google gave me the box score from a women’s game played in 2017.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

National Championship or bust
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ayyyeeeee!

I wonder what google has to say about this game
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Any good Pho in NYC?
Broham
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Family reunion tonight in NY. My nephew is the Director of Basketball Operations for the Red Storm and he got tickets for my sisters and their husbands and his siblings. If anyone remembers “Scarecrow”, the 6'-7" graduate assistant who played 35 seconds for the Jayhawks back in 2015 against TCU, that is him. He and Coach Self are friends. I have been doing too much traveling lately so I decided to sit this one out and watch from home where the beer is cheap. He is easy to spot on TV, he is the only assistant who is taller than half the team.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:05 am Family reunion tonight in NY. My nephew is the Director of Basketball Operations for the Red Storm and he got tickets for my sisters and their husbands and his siblings. If anyone remembers “Scarecrow”, the 6'-7" graduate assistant who played 35 seconds for the Jayhawks back in 2015 against TCU, that is him. He and Coach Self are friends. I have been doing too much traveling lately so I decided to sit this one out and watch from home where the beer is cheap. He is easy to spot on TV, he is the only assistant who is taller than half the team.
I assume this is who you are referring to... Read an article about him a few days ago.

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-t ... manager-e/
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

That's our boy.

I was sitting behind the visitor's bench that night with my mom and his parents and siblings. First thing he did when he got in the game was commit a reach in foul, make sure you get on the stat sheet. When they went on offense Wayne Selden passed the ball to him and told everyone to clear the lane. Chris threw the ball back I think. I remember Selden walked over and handed him the ball and yelled at him to take his shot, he might have shoved him towards the basket as well. He and Wayne are still friends. Chris looked kind of surprised, oh right, that's why I am in here. He made a nice cut down the lane and missed the layup. My mom stormed the bench after the game and gave Self a big hug and told him "thank you, thank you, that's my grandson!". Unfortunately my dad had passed from cancer before that or it would have been the biggest night of his life.

Back in 2019 the day after all of the conference tournaments were canceled due to covid, I opened up the Washington Post and there on the front page were two St Johns players and Chris walking out of Madison Square Garden heading towards their bus. The kid has a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

He loves NY, but would give it up in a second if he got chance to come back to KU.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

I'll be there tonight as well.
Ain't no seats
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Wiff wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:36 am I'll be there tonight as well.
Dammit. I was going, then I was not, then I was maybe going again, but now not. Wonder if there is an afternoon direct to LGA . . .