Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by ousdahl »

and we haven’t even returned our fastest guy in tradition yet

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Super excited for the game. Thanksgiving meal won't be until 4pm so we can watch the whole thing at home before we head over.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s early and small sample size obviously, but if these trends hold, okie st is gonna be a boat race, and the kitties are gonna be highlarious
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:23 am and we haven’t even returned our fastest guy in tradition yet

What goes into that usage %?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Under/over Jalen minutes tomorrow set to 15.5.

Under/over season set to 25.5.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

think he’ll average a double double?

11.8ppg and 7.9rpg last year.

Already has 9 dub dubs, including 6 in February, and was 3 points shy of another against Baylor despite a 14 rebound effort
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I dont think so given the wealth of depth and how tough it is to average a double double.

I think he takes his starting spot back, improves his ppg slightly and his rpg stays the same or slightly worse.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Bill Self to ESPN now: "Jalen's a starter for us. I don't know if he'll start for us this tournament, but he's a starter for us."
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Martin
Agbaji
Braun
Wilson

These 4 are versatile enough that the 5th player can literally play any position on the court. I have no idea who that is going to be at this point. But, I don't think it's Dave
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Bill lighting Dave up. Does anyone have Dave's numbers from the 11 games Pwit carefully selected to actually show Dave is good? I think we should get them over to coach ASAP. He is mistaken.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

but dave played well for a stretch last year, bill.

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

hasbeen wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:37 pm Bill lighting Dave up. Does anyone have Dave's numbers from the 11 games Pwit carefully selected to actually show Dave is good? I think we should get them over to coach ASAP. He is mistaken.
Nobody cherry picks better than pdub.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I enjoyed seeing Jalen at the 5 today.

- lobser
Deleted User 863

hasbeen wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:09 pm I enjoyed seeing Jalen at the 5 today.
It happened once for 2 minutes. We got outscored by the opponent by 2pts in that stretch. Our offense during that stretch was 5 guys standing around the 3pt line trying to take their man 1 on 1. It looked bad.

We looked good with either Mitch or Clemence at the 5.

If 1 game is any indication Wilson's minutes aren't really coming from CB. They came from Dajuan Yesufu Pettiford and JCL. Season lows in minutes for several of those guys i think.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 pm
It happened once for 2 minutes. We got outscored by the opponent by 2pts in that stretch. Our offense during that stretch was 5 guys standing around the 3pt line trying to take their man 1 on 1. It looked bad.

If 1 game is any indication Wilson's minutes aren't really coming from CB. They came from Dajuan Yesufu Pettiford and JCL. Season lows in minutes for several of those guys i think.
Hey, dork, you can be mad that Jalen will get run at the 5 all season if you want. I don't really care. Your beef isn't with me, it's with Bill Self. Go spend some time with your family or touch grass.

- lobser
Deleted User 863

hasbeen wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:49 pm

Hey, dork, you can be mad that Jalen will get run at the 5 all season if you want. I don't really care. Your beef isn't with me, it's with Bill Self. Go spend some time with your family or touch grass.
I am not mad at anything. Just thought your comment was interesting since we only tried it for 2min once and we couldn't stop the other team from getting close looks and we looked awkward offensively.

You can be mad that Mitch is going to get run at the 5 all season if you want. I don't really care. Your beef isn't with me, it's with Bill Self.
Deleted User 863

My hope is that today the starting lineup is

Remy
Och
CB
W
Jalen
Money Making Mitch 🤑
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:33 am My hope is that today the starting lineup is

Remy
Och
CB
W
Jalen
Money Making Mitch 🤑
Usually 6 starters isn’t allowed

but, if the 43rd president can pull some strings and make it happen…
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:13 am

I am not mad at anything. Just thought your comment was interesting since we only tried it for 2min once and we couldn't stop the other team from getting close looks and we looked awkward offensively.

You can be mad that Mitch is going to get run at the 5 all season if you want. I don't really care. Your beef isn't with me, it's with Bill Self.
I'm not mad that Mitch will play 5 -- in this very thread, I listed the scenarios where it's essential that he does play the 5. You're the poster most dogmatic in their thinking about roster construction/you have a personality disorder, to the point where the idea of a non-traditional 5 repulses you as if we're still in 1998.

- lobser
Deleted User 863

hasbeen wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:28 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:13 am

I'm not mad that Mitch will play 5 -- in this very thread, I listed the scenarios where it's essential that he does play the 5. You're the poster most dogmatic in their thinking about roster construction/you have a personality disorder, to the point where the idea of a non-traditional 5 repulses you as if we're still in 1998.
Mitch is a non traditional 5.

Jalen is a wing. Which is why thru 60min of game time with Jalen active this season we have played 2 entire minutes with him at the 5.