Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:35 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:31 pm Maybe he doesn't want to only eat salads for every meal. Can't blame him there. I wouldn't either.

I bet you would if doing so meant potential career earnings in the hundreds of millions or more.
He's made quite a bit already. Enough that he should be able to eat well the rest of his life even if he never plays basketball again.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:53 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:31 pm Maybe he doesn't want to only eat salads for every meal. Can't blame him there. I wouldn't either.

I bet you would if doing so meant potential career earnings in the hundreds of millions or more.
He's made quite a bit already. Enough that he should be able to eat well the rest of his life even if he never plays basketball again.
I wouldn't be so sure, unless he dies next year.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:19 pm Zion may be the next Greg Oden or Brandon Roy. All different injuries/curicumstances but careers cut short because of injuries after showing so much promise.
at least Roy had a good 6 or 7 years even through the injuries. Im not sure Zion will make that at this rate...and Oden didn't do anything at all.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:57 pm

🤣🤣🤣
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Yep. From what I have read, he has a $75 million dollar guaranteed contract with Nike and may have close to a hundred million by the time he is 26 even if he never plays another basketball game in his life.
So my question is.....
What real/true incentive and motivation does he have to work hard anymore? Unless he truly cares about his "legacy".
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Yep. From what I have read, he has a $75 million dollar guaranteed contract with Nike and may have close to a hundred million by the time he is 26 even if he never plays another basketball game in his life.
So my question is.....
What real/true incentive and motivation does he have to work hard anymore? Unless he truly cares about his "legacy".
Not sure if you've been out lately, but the price of beef has skyrocketed. Brisket sandwich is now $15.99 at Arthur Bryant's. Zion needs another contract.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:43 pm

So my question is.....
Not sure if you've been out lately, but the price of beef has skyrocketed. Brisket sandwich is now $15.99 at Arthur Bryant's. Zion needs another contract.
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

My hope is people won't feel I am a bigger asshole than I am by posting this and of course there isn't anything funny about a person who struggles with their weight but I am going to say this anyways.
I'm thinking her nickname should be Zioness and she should copy write it.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

looks like she’s actually got some skill, rather than just being big
Deleted User 863

Great fucking outlet pass!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:00 pm Yea.

Well, I wonder how much of it is a discipline thing.

Everyone’s always known Zion’s always been big. But he also has access to some of the best trainers and dietitians in the world.

Is he listening to them?
I mean, Sherron’s fat ass was too lazy to get on a plane, so…….
Deleted User 863

From the other day. Good night for the jayhawks in the NBA.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait did Devon get called back up?!

Apparently played 7 minites so far tonight for da bools
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:50 pm Wait did Devon get called back up?!

Apparently played 7 minites so far tonight for da bools
Not sure. He's gone back and forth. I saw he was on the bench the last game and I guess he played a minute. Now that the Bools have 4 guys out for Covid it seems they actually needed him to play some minutes tonight.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Wiggins is playing really good basketball this year. he's come a long way as an overall player. his stats look good but his feel for the game he looks like a different player than what he used to be. defense, passing, everything. I'm intrigued to see what the warriors look like when klay comes back. it'll open the court up even more for wiggs
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:19 pm Wiggins is playing really good basketball this year. he's come a long way as an overall player. his stats look good but his feel for the game he looks like a different player than what he used to be. defense, passing, everything. I'm intrigued to see what the warriors look like when klay comes back. it'll open the court up even more for wiggs
Wiggins the perfect guy to be the third best player on a really good team.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So my question is.....
$100 million is a drop in the bucket to what he could earn if he was able to stay healthy and play to his potential through his career. Oubre's made $50 million just in salary at age 26 and he is a nobody.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:22 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:19 pm Wiggins is playing really good basketball this year. he's come a long way as an overall player. his stats look good but his feel for the game he looks like a different player than what he used to be. defense, passing, everything. I'm intrigued to see what the warriors look like when klay comes back. it'll open the court up even more for wiggs
Wiggins the perfect guy to be the third best player on a really good team.
this seems like such a backhanded compliment, particularly for a dude recognized since like age 9 to have superstar potential.

Same thing happened when I watched a dubs game the other night and the announcer called Wiggins something like a “phenomenal complimentary piece” and it kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

Michael Jordan would have been a great 3rd best player too, but