Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:32 am That's kind of the book on Wiggins, "If only he had a nasty side"

Although if he plays another 10 seasons (he's still only 26), he's going to end up Top 25 scoring in NBA history.
He is one of the most durable players in the league, maybe even league history.

Just wonder if that mileage racks ever racks up. Benefit of having elite genetics.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:37 am
Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:32 am That's kind of the book on Wiggins, "If only he had a nasty side"

Although if he plays another 10 seasons (he's still only 26), he's going to end up Top 25 scoring in NBA history.

Just wonder if that mileage racks ever racks up. Benefit of having elite genetics.
His elite genetics is exactly why I think he can play another 800-900 career games while averaging around 18.5 (maybe more) over those games. 27,000+ career points seems possible if he stays healthy. Long ways to go, obviously
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:44 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:37 am

His elite genetics is exactly why I think he can play another 800-900 career games while averaging around 18.5 (maybe more) over those games. 27,000+ career points seems possible if he stays healthy. Long ways to go, obviously
Staying on a winning team will go a long way towards hitting those numbers. His energy/effort/focus is so much better on GS.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The scout in the article says he cant be your third player.

Say what you want about his career in Minny--its clear he cant be your 1 or 1B - but hes either GSs 2nd or 3rd player right now and they are maybe the best team in the NBA.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:17 pm The scout in the article says he cant be your third player.

Say what you want about his career in Minny--its clear he cant be your 1 or 1B - but hes either GSs 2nd or 3rd player right now and they are maybe the best team in the NBA.
I think they're going to win a championship this year unless Kyrie gets vaccinated and can play in home games. Even then. GS might be too much. Klay looks like he's full speed and is just being cautious. We will find out Saturday. I think they said his return will be at home.

Once Klay is back Wiggins is an insanely good 4th player. I struggle to rank him ahead of Dray. And Jordan Poole is averaging 18/3/3 as their 5th best. He's having a great year too. Hell he's got 4 30pt games this season....it's unheard of for your 4th and 5th best player to have 6 (combined) games scoring 30pts or more.
Deleted User 863

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Deleted User 863

Dok getting the start tonight against Jokic.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

might have to start looking into jazz tix
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:19 am might have to start looking into jazz tix
Well I'd hurry up and do it before Rudy Gobert and Hassan Whiteside get healthy. Otherwise you will be watching Dok sit on the bench.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Wet blanket
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:24 amgood advice
Fyp.

I wasn't being a dick, just didn't seem like he realized the situation with the Jazz roster currently.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:24 amWet blanket
^^^^

kid needs a hobby
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:17 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:24 amWet blanket
^^^^

kid needs a hobby
Like keeping up with Jayhawks in the NBA so i know who is starting and why?

My god. What a weird thing to freak out about. I was trying to be nice so you didn't wait 3 weeks to buy a ticket and then wonder why Dok wasn't starting anymore.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:54 am
Fyp.

I wasn't being a dick, just didn't seem like he realized the situation with the Jazz roster currently.
I think we were all aware that Dok likely did not displace perennial DPoY Gobert in the starting lineup.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Illy knew too.
He just wanted to point out that Dok's start didn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things.
Deleted User 863

I am sorry you guys feel that way, but you're wrong.

I was the 1st to rush here and post that Dok was starting because I was excited for him and wanted people to be able to watch since he was on TV.

Trad said he was going to look into Jazz tickets after seeing Dok started. I was simply letting him know he should keep an eye on if Dok was his main reason for wanting to go.

I follow our NBA Jayhawks closely and always try to share quick links and updates.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:49 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:54 am
Fyp.

I think we were all aware that Dok likely did not displace perennial DPoY Gobert in the starting lineup.
Trad was clearly not aware. He'd probably admit it, as he has said before he's not a big NBA watcher iirc.