21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Ok.

I think good Dave is the better match up every single game regardless of opponent.

Bad Dave is more dependent on match ups.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Following KU over the decades, Mitch is very much a typical KU role player. If you defend and hit shots, it is hard to knock. It took him a while, but he is much better this year. His shot blocking is very good too.
Deleted User 863

Hard to have superstars at all 5 positions every single season. Glad we've got Mitch. At the very least he's helping bridge the gap until good Dave is here consistently.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:56 am Following KU over the decades, Mitch is very much a typical KU role player. If you defend and hit shots, it is hard to knock. It took him a while, but he is much better this year. His shot blocking is very good too.
He's done remarkably well when you consider that his position no longer exists, more or less.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

Wet blanket.

Plenty of teams play a PF and C in college.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:46 pm Wet blanket.

Not the team he plays for.

Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:49 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:46 pm Wet blanket.

Not the team he plays for.
Not this year.

Wait until next year.

We might be starting KJ and Clemence together. Bill is itching to get back to 2 bigs probably.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Is Mitch getting a 37th year of eligibility?

Stop moving the goalposts, we're talking about Mitch.

Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:02 pm Is Mitch getting a 37th year of eligibility?

Stop moving the goalposts, we're talking about Mitch.
You brought up Mitch's position not existing anymore
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Yes, hence what we were talking about.

Deleted User 863

Yes. His position (PF) might exist next year at KU. KJ and Clemence have a legit chance to start together.

That's all.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:45 pm Yes. His position (PF) might exist next year at KU. KJ and Clemence have a legit chance to start together.

That's all.
Clemence plays what the PF position has morphed into, a PF who can shoot threes and could be on the court with a center.

Mitch is a PF (based on his size) who cannot shoot threes. He cannot be out there with a true center.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:56 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:45 pm Yes. His position (PF) might exist next year at KU. KJ and Clemence have a legit chance to start together.

That's all.
Clemence plays what the PF position has morphed into, a PF who can shoot threes and could be on the court with a center.

Mitch is a PF (based on his size) who cannot shoot threes. He cannot be out there with a true center.
Now do KJ
Deleted User 863

3pt shot to save your life right now...who you picking: Mitch or JW?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

To save my life: Jalen Wilson

To save your life: My friend's newborn baby
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:06 pm To save your life: My friend's newborn baby
Wingspan deets plz.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:06 pm To save my life: Jalen Wilson

To save your life: My friend's newborn baby
8.7%

Sounds like you've got a decent chance to end up dead like me in that scenario.

Fun fact of the day: Mitch Lightfoot has a higher career 3pt shooting % than Jalen Wilson.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That's all.

I think fans and coaches have a different idea of defining a modern 4. Fans think it's the ability to shoot threes. I think the coaches (especially Self) see it more as someone who can defend inside and/or rebound some, but can also switch screens.

From what I have seen I think Clemence is too slow to be a 4, at least for Self. But his shooting ability does make it easier to play KJ at the 4. They complement each other nicely.

Can Clemence jump? Like, at all?
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:18 pm

That's all.

I think fans and coaches have a different idea of defining a modern 4. Fans think it's the ability to shoot threes. I think the coaches (especially Self) see it more as someone who can defend inside and/or rebound some, but can also switch screens.

From what I have seen I think Clemence is too slow to be a 4, at least for Self. But his shooting ability does make it easier to play KJ at the 4. They complement each other nicely.

We may have hit a homerun with that duo. Especially if they play big minutes together for multiple seasons and get that familiarity with each other on the court. Chemistry could be nice.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Mjl wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:18 pm

That's all.

his vertical can’t be any worse than DMac’s
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?