Remy's Knee Thread:

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Remy's Knee Thread:

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Why is Yesufu "more talented" at basketball than DH? Just because he jumps higher? Scored a bunch of pts at Drake?

They're the same age. One looks significantly better than the other, especially at every aspect of basketball other than scoring.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:04 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:48 am
Someone claimed TGF was an NBA player last year. Insanity.
Wasn't that NBA scouts saying that? Insanity. And I don't think it was as much NBA player as it was NBA potential.
I would not bring up the 2021 season in defense of Bill Self being an infallible college basketball coach and lineup manager. That might just be me.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:20 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:48 am
Someone claimed TGF was an NBA player last year. Insanity.
Wasn't that NBA scouts saying that? Insanity. And I don't think it was as much NBA player as it was NBA potential.
I would not bring up the 2021 season in defense of Bill Self being an infallible college basketball coach and lineup manager. That might just be me.
I didn't bring it up in defense of Self.

I brought it up as evidence that some of you aren't great at player evaluations based solely on games played at far shittier schools than Kansas.

Preseason I was all in on no DH in the rotation. It took all of about 3 games to realize I was totally wrong about Yesufu. And Pettiford is worse at shooting than DH.

Remember when some of you guys wanted CB on the bench? I do.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:25 am

I brought it up as evidence that some of you aren't great at player evaluations based solely on games played at far shittier schools than Kansas.

Preseason I was all in on no DH in the rotation. It took all of about 3 games to realize I was totally wrong about Yesufu. And Pettiford is worse at shooting than DH.

I've never posted any of that. But, I get that you've embraced the "me-against-the-world" role on here.

Other than randy (which, come on), who is convinced that Yesufu is the better option right now?
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:28 am

I've never posted any of that. But, I get that you've embraced the "me-against-the-world" role on here.

Other than randy (which, come on), who is convinced that Yesufu is the better option right now?
Ousdahl beats the drum daily
Deleted User 863

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:17 am Why is Yesufu "more talented" at basketball than DH? Just because he jumps higher? Scored a bunch of pts at Drake?

They're the same age. One looks significantly better than the other, especially at every aspect of basketball other than scoring.
Nobody want to touch this question?

Jumps higher and stronger frame are the only 2 answers I can come up with...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

5.1 points and 3.9 dimes in 28 minutes a game.

Even if Yes couldn’t produce that much next game, I think he could produce better than that by March - especially if he was allowed to play through mistakes as much as Dajuan is now.

Just going for Devil’s advocate downer pity here.

Not that I’m completely down on Dajuan, but I also struggle to get super excited about a starting pg on a contender also being so meh.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:32 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:17 am Why is Yesufu "more talented" at basketball than DH? Just because he jumps higher? Scored a bunch of pts at Drake?

Nobody want to touch this question?

Jumps higher and stronger frame are the only 2 answers I can come up with...
I’ll touch:

Yes is better than Juan for no other reason than the bickering illy will bring about it should make for a slightly more amusing Wednesday.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:31 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:28 am

Ousdahl beats the drum daily
I haven't seen it, but ousdahl does utilize the shotgun approach to posting.

He is also almost to step 12 in curing his CB hate, so I think support is what is needed at this point.
Deleted User 863

And the kid from Drake who is in WAY over his head is the answer. LOL

The answer is found on the recruiting trail.

Yesufu was Remy insurance.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yesufu was one of the gems of the transfer portal before Remy was even on our radar.

But go figure, they can keep each other company in the dog house.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Harris brings things that don't show up in the stat sheet.

The offense runs more smoothly, we get out in transition more frequently, he's a good defender, he makes fewer mistakes with the ball in his hands than just about anyone.

I want more production from our PG, but the team plays better when he's in than it does when he's out.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:38 am Yesufu was one of the gems of the transfer portal before Remy was even on our radar.

I mean, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Every recruit is gonna get immediate playing time, every backup is better than the starter.

Yesufu looked great in last year's ncaa tourney, but Harris has been better all season.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:39 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:38 am Yesufu was one of the gems of the transfer portal before Remy was even on our radar.

Every recruit is gonna get immediate playing time, every backup is better than the starter.

Yesufu looked great in last year's ncaa tourney, but Harris has been better all season.
The one scenario where I will sort-of defend Yesufu is that Bill brought him in and did promise him at least a chance at PT this season. Yesufu is who Bill has right now and Bill handpicked him. So, if we are in a position where we need Yesufu at the end of the season and he's not ready to play, that's at least partially on Bill when you consider our soft non-con.
Deleted User 863

Yesufu was.

And in hindsight, he should have gone to somewhere a little less good than KU. He'd be great on a more middle of the pack big conference team. Not at a national title contender. He's a volume shooter. We don't do those here unless they are AA/future NBA talent. He's not getting 15-20 shots a game here. Ever. And if he does, Self has fucked up on the recruiting trail in an epic fashion.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

When Malik struggled early, no one was saying Clay Young should be getting 35 minutes a night instead.

Yes we play better with Harris, albeit in a low ceiling kinda way. If we’re better offensively and run more with him, then how are so many of these games still in the 60s?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:44 am When Malik struggled early, no one was saying Clay Young should be getting 35 minutes a night instead.

Yes we play better with Harris, albeit in a low ceiling kinda way. If we’re better offensively and run more with him, then how are so many of these games still in the 60s?
I think it's a combo of not having Remy Martin and the Big 12 being the best defensive conference in the nation. At least that is what I am telling myself for now.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:43 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:39 am

The one scenario where I will sort-of defend Yesufu is that Bill brought him in and did promise him at least a chance at PT this season. Yesufu is who Bill has right now and Bill handpicked him. So, if we are in a position where we need Yesufu at the end of the season and he's not ready to play, that's at least partially on Bill when you consider our soft non-con.
This is something I think Self has made a mistake with more in the past.

Yesufu has 115 minutes in 15 team games and only 2 DNPs, I think he's gotten enough PT where you can't really say he's not ready.

The one thing I think Self NEEDS to do, and we've said this before, is pick between Pettiford and Yesufu.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah.

I just think this team needs to take advantage of all the guards we have, one way or another.

Between remy Yes and Bobby, you gotta figure somebody’s gonna settle into an effective role at some point.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:48 am Yeah.

I just think this team needs to take advantage of all the guards we have, one way or another.

Between remy Yes and Bobby, you gotta figure somebody’s gonna settle into an effective role at some point.
Why do we need 1 of those 2 this season?

Remy
DH
CB
Och
JW
JCL
Dave
Mitch

That's 8 guys. That's plenty. We aren't going 10 deep this season. We don't need to.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.