Remy's Knee Thread:

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Remy's Knee Thread:

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:27 am
Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:25 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:13 am Without actually comparing their games, I’ll just point out Wilson has already declared once, and CB just kinda feels more like the archetypal 4 year in-state kid
I think his skin color has a lot to do with how you're perceiving him.

I think his sub-35% three point shooting and complete lack of a mid-range jumper are what would keep him here.
Whose skin color, haunkey taunk’s?? Psh

For real tho, all skin color aside, when was the last time an in-state kid didn’t stay 4+ years?
KU players only? Because Kansan Jeremiah Robinson-Earl just got drafted after 2 seasons.

I think this has more to do with Kansas not being full of NBA talent.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:16 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:15 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:06 am I'm all in on the yesefu train. But its not a dajuan or yesefu argument here. Its dajuan and yesefu. We need dajuan to be a safety net for us. But not for 30+ minutes a game. We need yesefu to give us some of what dajuan can't. Even if its just 10/15 minutes of penetrating and kicking the ball out. That opens up the entire offense. Its what Dotson did to make our shooters look so good a few seasons ago
DH is better at penetrating and kicking out than Yesufu at KU.
Hes more comfortable in the offense. But no we've just seen a lot bigger sample size. Dajuan does make good decisions most the time. I like him hes a good player. But yesefu is light years ahead of him as far as his natural ability to get a quick first step and beat his man. That'll never change
Yesufu isn't light years ahead of him.

Neither were highly ranked.

One went to Kansas. The other went to Drake. Yesufu didn't turn down schools like Duke and UNC to go to Drake.

And it's not like Yesufu transfered in from Duke or UNC as formerly highly ranked HS player. He's a kid who had 3 good months at Drake after injuries got him a bigger role. He parlayed that into a chance to play at KU and compete for minutes. Unfortunately he's not able to beat out the guys ahead of him. Maybe eventually he will. I totally agree with you that he has an explosive frame and strength. I think he has a chance to be good at KU.

I also think, if current trends hold on the recruiting trail, that he will get recruited over and in 2yrs some of the same people will be complaining if he's playing over a McDs AA guard with NBA potential...or he'll get recruited over and transfer. Or if he's smart, he will enjoy his time at KU. Work his butt off. Improve as much as possible at basketball. And if the playing time happens then great. Otherwise he'll be set up for a lifetime of success.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I can't think of KU players from Kansas with NBA size in the last 20 years besides Braun.

Unless you're including the KCMO guys like Rele and Och.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i am very much in favor of having cb for four years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:34 am I can't think of KU players from Kansas with NBA size in the last 20 years besides Braun.

Semantics on the "20 years," but that gets us into Simien.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:34 am I can't think of KU players from Kansas with NBA size in the last 20 years besides Braun.

Wayne Simien

Perry Ellis (not NBA talent but considered a prospect, particularly junior year…but if anything, that dude was even whiter than Braun)

But yeah there’s not a ton of NBA talent coming outta KS either way
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

y’all leaving out rafters/white mamba?

shame
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:38 am y’all leaving out rafters/white mamba?

shame
Remember when people were pissed Self was playing Frank over Conner? Frank was "low ceiling".

Oops.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 am

Wayne Simien

Perry Ellis (not NBA talent but considered a prospect, particularly junior year…but if anything, that dude was even whiter than Braun)

But yeah there’s not a ton of NBA talent coming outta KS either way
Not a lot of 6'8" power forwards in the league. At least, not when those guys were in college.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Simien was 6'9''.
Boozer. Haslem. Jamison. Harrington. McDyess. Warrick.
Lotta throw back names up in here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

At the time, Perry was considered an NBA hopeful.

Don’t get me wrong, I never thought so either.

But I remember at the team banquet 2015, at the end of the night Perry got in front of everybody and said he’s doing the good keed in state thing for mich and returning for senior year, which yielded quite the ovation.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

He looked short compared to all those guys when he was on the floor.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Trust me bro, you don’t need to convince me Perry was overrated.

Bear in mind, I’m the guy who went all #FreeDiallo in the 15-16 lineup thread
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:15 am I think Braun stays another year.
He'd be drafted but I think he could look to Ochai when he gets drafted 18th one year after he may have even been drafted late 2nd.
The appeal of being "THE GUY" at KU might mean more to Braun than some others as well.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I never thought Perry had a chance at the NBA until I saw Georges Niang play for a few seasons. Perry obviously has no chance now.

Simien was a different era.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:00 am I never thought Perry had a chance at the NBA until I saw Georges Niang play for a few seasons. Perry obviously has no chance now.

Ya. Niang has been a huge surprise to me. Probably just got lucky by finding himself in good spots to get a shot at playing time. Curious to see if he's still around in 2 or 3 years.

Either way, Niang already blew my expectations for his career in NBA out of the water.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:00 am I never thought Perry had a chance at the NBA until I saw Georges Niang play for a few seasons. Perry obviously has no chance now.

Wait what?

Wasn’t Niang the ISU guy who would abuse Perry so bad Self finally just had Selden guard him instead?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not for nothin' but Ellis outscored Niang in the 2 games between them their senior year.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

george niang was a great college player. PE was a great college player.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, hindsight tells us Niang was going to fare better in the NBA but I underestimated those ISU teams and the Mayor at the time. Perry held his own statistically, though, and they just seemed so similar style-wise offensively.