Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by pdub »

I think that may have updated again but yes, I'd agree.
Your boy Westbrook has +100,000 odds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:07 am I think that may have updated again but yes, I'd agree.
Ya his MVP days are done.

1x MVP
2x 1st team All NBA
5x 2nd team All NBA
2x 3rd team All NBA

HoF career.

I don't care if he turns the ball over and bricks too many shots. He plays his ass off on the court. And off the court he's a great dude.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:31 am
I don't care if he turns the ball over and bricks too many shots. He plays his ass off on the court. And off the court he's a great dude.
Play hard chart!

Is that you, Bruce?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:20 pm
Play hard chart!

Is that you, Bruce?
He's an over achiever. Those are easy to cheer for.

I am not going to stop liking players who play hard because of dickbag Bruce Weber.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It sounds weird to say except that it doesn’t:

I’d rather be cheering for the players who half ass their way to a victory, than the players who play their ass off and still loose.

Winning is winning.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also what was that guy in the beanie hat doing to Dominic?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:31 pm It sounds weird to say except that it doesn’t:

I’d rather be cheering for the players who half ass their way to a victory, than the players who play their ass off and still loose.

Winning is winning.

583 wins and 392 losses.
Deleted User 863

That's 60% career winning percentage for Russ...I think Jordan was around 67ish% career winning percentage? Higher if you only count the Bulls, but not sure why we'd only count part of his career.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

65% for Chris Paul.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:55 pm65% for Chris Paul.
Sucks he wasted so many of his best years stuck on mediocre teams. His legacy would be so much different with an NBA title.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Westbrook is little more than a really good athlete. He can mostly just jump real high. He’s pretty much just a rich man’s Yesufu.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:21 pm That's 60% career winning percentage for Russ...I think Jordan was around 67ish% career winning percentage? Higher if you only count the Bulls, but not sure why we'd only count part of his career.
That's a question to ask the crazy amount of people that seem to believe he only played 6 seasons.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:12 pm Westbrook is little more than a really good athlete. He can mostly just jump real high. He’s pretty much just a rich man’s Yesufu.
How does jumping high help him be one of the league leaders in assists year after year?

He's much more than just a guy who jumps high.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:10 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:55 pm65% for Chris Paul.
Sucks he wasted so many of his best years stuck on mediocre teams. His legacy would be so much different with an NBA title.
His legacy is a playoff choker.

As well as constant begging for untucked Jersey technical fouls and being an ineffective union president so he can appease his banana boat boyfriend Xing James.

Good player, major douche.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:07 am I think that may have updated again but yes, I'd agree.

1x MVP
2x 1st team All NBA
5x 2nd team All NBA
2x 3rd team All NBA

HoF career.

yep. agree with all of this. and decades from now he will be remembered as a far better player than he really was because he put up crazy numbers
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:44 pm

1x MVP
2x 1st team All NBA
5x 2nd team All NBA
2x 3rd team All NBA

HoF career.

yep. agree with all of this. and decades from now he will be remembered as a far better player than he really was because he put up crazy numbers
I like him as much as a person as I do as a basketball player. I love seeing some of these athletes doing really great things in their communities. And not just giving money. Money obviously matters, but being present and involved matters too. Especially when it comes to helping the youth. They care more about a smile and hug than they do the dollars on a check. He also seems to be a great husband and father.

I think his negative interactions with the media rubbed people the wrong way, especially during/after the KD breakup. I can understand that. KD had/has his fair share too. Some of these guys just don't have the patience to deal with some of the media nonsense. I'd prefer they suck it up and fake it, because that's part of what they're paid to do, but i can understand why it gets hard at time with some of the questions that get asked.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dang, looks like Marcus Garrett’s arm is in a cast
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:12 pm Westbrook is little more than a really good athlete. He can mostly just jump real high. He’s pretty much just a rich man’s Yesufu.
that's gold, oussie
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

0ubre kind of feeling like a star in the making the way he is shooting the ball now to go with that length and athleticism. 10 threes in one game