Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:11 am I just feel bad that mjl kicked Yesufu out of the family to adopt Juan, and poor Joe got scooped up by randy.
I stand by my desire for yesefu to get minutes earlier this season. If he would have gotten dajuans minutes earlier, we would be a better team now than we are. But dajuan made us a better team to start. But at this point in would be dumb to shake it up. All in on Remy and dajuan
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:43 am Only Qusdahl can turn this place into a bunch of Harris apologists.

Harris is, without question, the soft spot on this team. The comparison to Tharpe is fair.
Yeah its fair. Both are point guards who don't have the ability to beat their man and create. Considering the offense starts with a point guard, that is a glaring weakness and deficiency for a team to have
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Tharpe couldn't defend a chair though. Harris is much better defensivel.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Thank God Harris is a better defender than tharpe was at least. But he'll, if you put Harris out there with a bunch of freshman i think we might really hate him. Hes out there with a really good team that hides his weaknesses to some degree and we still bitch about him a ton
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

It’s not entirely out of the question that one of our guards has a KJ in 2OT moment at some point this season

Even if it means Self playing him cuz he has no other choice, and/or even though he doesn’t wanna
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:48 am Snowflake Dave might even draw 2 or 3+ defenders.

Not that he’ll notice.
Hes better than he gets credit for. He's a big body that gets a ton of attention. I wish he was a better passer but he does make a few good kick outs when they send a double at him. If dajuan knew how to shoot a basketball dave wouldn't get an automatic trap on his post ups
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:54 am If he would have gotten dajuans minutes earlier, we would be a better team now than we are.
Debatable at best.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

According to that person EvanMiya our best lineup is actually:

O. Agbaji / C. Braun / D. Harris Jr. / R. Martin / D. McCormack

8th in the country.

https://evanmiya.com/
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Jalen may never recover from the absolute shitshow he put everyone through the first 10ish games.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

What’s “BPR?”

And how come Dajuan’s defensive BPR is only single digits?

And how does a 5 and 3 offensive average yield a BPR in the 30s?

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BPR: Bayesian Performance Rating is the sum of a player's OBPR and DBPR. This rating is the ultimate measure of a player's overall value to his team when he is on the floor. A higher rating is better.

Other evanmiya numbers:
Ochai 4th in MVP voting, 1st is Timme.
B12 strongest conference by a good margin.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i gotta give it to ya. you are working hard to run that kid down.

when you sink your teeth into a project, you don't let go.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:51 pm What’s “BPR?”

And how come Dajuan’s defensive BPR is only single digits?

And how does a 5 and 3 offensive average yield a BPR in the 30s?
Bayesian Performance Rating

We have created an advanced statistical metric, Bayesian Performance Rating (BPR), which quantifies how effective a player is, using advanced box-score metrics, play-by-play data, and historical information (for the basketball metric nerds, this is a highly technical version of an adjusted plus-minus). This metric is predictive in nature, which means that each rating is fine-tuned to predict performance in future games.

BPR quantifies the value of each player to his team on both offense and defense. A player's ratings incorporate his individual efficiency statistics, along with his impact on the court for his team, which is assessed by looking at how successful his team was in every possession he played. These ratings account for the strength of all other players on the floor with that player in each of his possessions that he played. Each player has an Offensive BPR and a Defensive BPR, which are added together to make the player's overall BPR. Very good players will have higher positive offensive and defensive ratings, with the average D1 player having an Offensive BPR and Defensive BPR of 0.

The BPR statistical model is trained on data going back to 2011, making it the most fine-tuned player evaluation metric in college basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Might be time for the "Q"PR.

Tattoo ratio getting figured in.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So it's basically nerd mumbo jumbo as an attempt to predict the future.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Other BPR numbers according to Evan ( rank is overall in the NCAA ):

18th: Ochai Agbaji 56.2
33rd: Christian Braun 51.5
44th: Remy Martin 48.5
47th: David McCormack 47.7

He's factoring in +/- which I think is pretty flawed.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:59 pm So it's basically nerd mumbo jumbo as an attempt to predict the future.
I'm into it.
Dude has a masters in statistics.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:50 pm Jalen may never recover from the absolute shitshow he put everyone through the first 10ish games.
Yeah, that was a rough start.

Even before then tho, and since, I feel like fans have been sleeping on him.

Dude’s our best rebounder and perhaps second best scorer, even if a little inconsistent.

His production is trending upward in conference play too.
Last edited by Qusdahl on Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:50 pm Jalen may never recover from the absolute shitshow he put everyone through the first 10ish games.
Statistically, I agree. But it sure is great to see him finally playing in the range of where we hoped he would be. Not quite where I hoped be he is getting closer and closer.