Site Admin

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by pdub »

Best rebounder.
Not 2nd best scorer.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Perhaps another case study in the short leash treatment, for a starter to have to figure out how to play of the bench, perhaps
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If you include Jalen's entire time at KU, his leash has been as long as the equator. He started every game through absolute dogshit play last season.

First game back this season, Bill said after the game "Jalen's a starter for us," and then Jalen continued his absolute dogshit play from last season.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:02 pm Best rebounder.
Not 2nd best scorer.
Dude has scored 16 or more in 4 conference games this season now.

The only other player who’s topped that is Och.

CB hasn’t hit 16 in a single conference game yet. (But I think he’s due)

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:06 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:02 pm Best rebounder.
Not 2nd best scorer.
Dude has scored 16 or more in 4 conference games now.

The only other player who’s topped that is Och.
Wilson leads Braun in scoring in Big 12 by a slim margin; Wilson's 12.9 ppg vs. Braun's 12.4ppg. Wilson is also tied for 2nd in the Big 12 in rebounding in conference play at 8.0 rpg. First is DMac at 9.1 rpg.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

"Scorer" seems to be pretty subjective. I'm not super confident in putting the ball in Jalen's hands and saying go get 20 and have him beat his man one on one. From that standpoint, I'd really go with Och then Remy then maybe CB or Good Dave.

But, Jalen has been unbelievably good lately at getting himself involved, especially mixing it up inside and grabbing those garbage buckets.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

I’ll take CB, then Och, then Jalen, then a tossup between Remy and good Dave.

Let it rain arrows.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:10 pm "Scorer" seems to be pretty subjective. I'm not super confident in putting the ball in Jalen's hands and saying go get 20 and have him beat his man one on one. From that standpoint, I'd really go with Och then Remy then maybe CB or Good Dave.

But, Jalen has been unbelievably good lately at getting himself involved, especially mixing it up inside and grabbing those garbage buckets.
Agreed. He would be near the end of the list of guys to put the ball in their hands at the top of the key with 12 seconds to go down one. But some guys scoring role is to take advantage of the open threes you get, clean up on the offensive glass and be the trailer on a fast break and Jalen is doing well at those things.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:10 pm "Scorer" seems to be pretty subjective. I'm not super confident in putting the ball in Jalen's hands and saying go get 20 and have him beat his man one on one. From that standpoint, I'd really go with Och then Remy then maybe CB or Good Dave.

So if the objective is to “go get 20,” you’d pick a guy who hasn’t even gotten 16 over a guy who has gotten 20 twice now in league play?

Me too :) :) :)

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:15 pm

So if the objective is to “go get 20,” you’d pick a guy who hasn’t even gotten 16 over a guy who has gotten 20 twice now in league play?

Me too :) :) :)
I would not bet my life on Jalen ever getting 30. I just don't think he's that kind of a scorer.

Och, Remy, CB, sure. And have already done it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He's not a scorer but he gets points.
I know that sounds ridiculous - maybe someone else can describe it better than I can.
I'm Friday burnt out.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Why are we limiting things to conference play?

Oh, right, cause Wilson was dog shit in the non-con.

Every player looks pretty good when you ignore all of their bad games.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I see the angle.
Tyshawn had a remarkable run when it counted and that's why we got as far as we did.
Recently, DMac was 2nd team B12 but was dog-shit in the non-con.

That said, we aren't even halfway through the B12, so a 7 game span is not the same as a 16 or 18 game span.

Wilson has been good as of late tho.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

After looking at the last 5 pages of this thread I'm confused.
Should I be posting about the Chiefs on the SCOTUS thread?
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Yup.

So because Jalen was dog shit in the noncon, we won’t give him credit for being our second best scorer (and best rebounder) in league play

But we’ll wax poetic about how CB keeping it at 15 or less through league play is the stuff scouts must be drooling over.

Fan logic is rad.

If only Jalen wuz a good keed with no ink too.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:43 pm After looking at the last 5 pages of this thread I'm confused.
Should I be posting about the Chiefs on the SCOTUS thread?
Yes.
But NOT the reverse.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

As long as we keep the smack talk off the satellite bored.

(Except in the QT thread)

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:46 pm But we’ll wax poetic about how CB keeping it at 15 or less through league play is the stuff scouts must be drooling over.
But Braun has been on a lot of draft boreds.
And Wilson not.
I don't think the NBA Draft bored peeps are specifically Braun fans. I'm betting most of them aren't even Kansas fans ( gasp! ) .
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:28 pm He's not a scorer but he gets points.
I know that sounds ridiculous - maybe someone else can describe it better than I can.
I'm Friday burnt out.
He's a guy who just always seems to be in the right place at the right time. But I think what got him in the low efficiency realm was thinking he was the 1st or 2nd option, when he's best at being the 4th or 5th option and getting most of his points off offensive rebounds, in transition, off broken plays, etc. (He could be the 5th option and have the 2nd or 3rd most points for example)

Does anyone remember Richard Dumas? He played for the Suns in the early 90s for a year or two, before drugs shortened his career, but anyway, the Suns didn't have a single play that was run for him in all their plays, and he averaged about 15 ppg for them. That's kinda what Jalen is. You don't want to NEED him to score, and that's when he's most effective at scoring.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Maybe 2023 is when Jalen takes his 2021 noncon and 2022 conference play and puts them together.

He might be on draft boards then.