21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by randylahey »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:55 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:53 pm
Illy and pdub's heads just exploded. Doesn't Bill Self know that Bill Self never makes a mistake and can never be second guessed?

JFC, what's wrong with that guy? Maybe he should put a note in the Bill Self Suggestion Box?
I've been saying all god damn season we need more yesefu. Thanks bill. Now let's just trim mr dajuan harris minutes back a bit, now that you are willing to try to trust someone else.

Like dajuan as a 20ish mpg role player
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

He said something similar about Yesufu (and JCL) a month ago.

If our rotation changes/expands it is because the guys have earned it. I'll believe it when I see it. I think we stick with our 7-8 guy rotation. More fluidity with the bigs than the guards imo (outside of injuries).

Either way, with Remy out who knows how long, Yesufu will get a chance to earn some trust.

I still don't think DH minutes are up for grabs, 25min+ guaranteed for him. Yesufu might be chasing Remy minutes. That'll drive some people nuts.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

trying to decide what role Remy has going forward.

Even if he’s healthy and sooner than later, he prob won’t get more than like, post-injury Josh Selby minutes at best?
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Deleted User 863

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:03 am trying to decide what role Remy has going forward.

Even if he’s healthy and sooner than later, he prob won’t get more than like, post-injury Josh Selby minutes at best?
I think it 100% depends on his play and not these ever changing daily hot takes.

If he comes back and plays like the preseason legend of Remy Martin then he will play 25+ nightly.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

But, coming back to preseason legend status only gets trickier in the middle of February.

Especially for such a “system” coach like Self, who wants guys to understand the schemes, and is less likely to let a player like Remy just go out there and make things happen.

But, even if Remy’s role is limited to coming in and hitting a couple shots in a close game, that’s still an asset.

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Deleted User 863

Why would Self abandon decades of coaching success, with countless players WAY better than Remy who have thrived, and just throw that out the window so Remy can go run around and do what he did to lead Arizona State to a shitty fucking record? Why?

Self isn't just a "system" coach imo. We don't run set plays every single possession like some coaches. He has philosophies more than anything. There are definitely plays and motions, but he doesn't handcuff players nearly as bad as you're pretending. Remy just isn't as good as we expected. It happens. He's a transfer.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Wait, so are you saying he won’t likely have a big role going forward, or he will?

Deleted User 863

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:25 am Wait, so are you saying he won’t likely have a big role going forward, or he will?
If he's hurt or healthy?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Say he’s healthy, fingers crossed, and ready to go tomorrow.

Who gets more minutes - Remy or Yes?

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:03 am trying to decide what role Remy has going forward.

Remy isn't healthy and isn't going to be healthy any time soon from the sounds of it. If he does get healthy sometime in March then he is way behind the players who have been healthy, practicing and playing.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:25 am Wait, so are you saying he won’t likely have a big role going forward, or he will?
He won't be because he isn't healthy. Hopefully he gets healthy "enough" by the time the tourney starts and he can come in and play the role of SDS in that FF run and be an energy provider in the right match up.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:50 am
He won't be because he isn't healthy. Hopefully he gets healthy "enough" by the time the tourney starts and he can come in and play the role of SDS in that FF run and be an energy provider in the right match up.
As depressing as this sounds, it might be pretty close to what's going to happen.

Feels like the Final Four is out.

We are on a National Title drought that is just as long as Roy's.
Deleted User 863

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:44 am Say he’s healthy, fingers crossed, and ready to go tomorrow.

Who gets more minutes - Remy or Yes?
Remy.

Like always.

Yesufu didn't beat Remy out for minutes last game. Remy didn't play.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:53 am
As depressing as this sounds, it might be pretty close to what's going to happen.

Consistently Top 10 but never The Champ is frustrating but it is a brand of frustrating I would rather have. There is not a single fan base out there that hasn't experienced a significant bout of frustration over the their team's results in the 19 seasons that Self has been at Kansas.

No losing seasons. Never out of the ncaa tourney. Never even below a #4 seed since prior to his arrival. It's insane.

But as greedy as it may seem to other fan bases, I still want MORE. Every fan base wants another title, no matter how many they have.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:05 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:53 am

Consistently Top 10 but never The Champ is frustrating but it is a brand of frustrating I would rather have. There is not a single fan base out there that hasn't experienced a significant bout of frustration over the their team's results in the 19 seasons that Self has been at Kansas.

No losing seasons. Never out of the ncaa tourney. Never even below a #4 seed since prior to his arrival. It's insane.

But as greedy as it may seem to other fan bases, I still want MORE. Every fan base wants another title, no matter how many they have.
Oh I definitely get it. It just felt like we had all the pieces 6 weeks ago. Maybe it's still in there somewhere, but my gosh have we been exposed.

I like SDS comparison, though. That was a real shot in the arm. Six weeks ago, I did not expect that's what Remy would be for us, but no question that's what we are looking at.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i told my wife last weekend, that we should be lucky to be fans of teams/programs where such losses are disappointments, rather than feeling like those results are forgone conclusions

sure, we’d all like more success, but the situation (for both KU and the Chiefs) could be much, much worse
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

The funny thing is how many fans shat all over SDS despite that.

(the rest of SDS’s legacy notwithstanding)

But the shittery started even before the fight, or The Rules, or really anything beyond a less than stellar start in fall 2019.

And the slow start was largely just cuz he was either 3rd deep at the 5, or out of position at the 4.

He was a good small ball center for us though. Ran like a deer and played above the rim.

Many fans don’t appreciate it, but we don’t make that final four without him. Dude jumped center in OT in a winning elite 8 effort! And Mitch DNP cuz he woulda been abused by dook’s NBA frontcourt.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:40 am The funny thing is how many fans shat all over SDS despite that.

(the rest of SDS’s legacy notwithstanding)

But the shittery started even before the fight, or The Rules, or really anything beyond a less than stellar start in fall 2019.

And the slow start was largely just cuz he was either 3rd deep at the 5, or out of position at the 4.

He was a good small ball center for us though. Ran like a deer and played above the rim.

Many fans don’t appreciate it, but we don’t make that final four without him. Dude jumped center in OT in a winning elite 8 effort! And Mitch DNP cuz he woulda been abused by dook’s NBA frontcourt.
As much as I would rather have Remy averaging around 15 points and 5 assists a game right now, something he's very capable of when healthy, even if he plays that SDS X-Factor role and gets us 6-8 points that Marcus Garrett could never get you, that's kind of why we brought him in and could be the (huge) difference between an Elite Eight and Final Four.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:37 am i told my wife last weekend, that we should be lucky to be fans of teams/programs where such losses are disappointments, rather than feeling like those results are forgone conclusions

sure, we’d all like more success, but the situation (for both KU and the Chiefs) could be much, much worse
How dare you bring realism and logic to this board
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Ochai back tomorrow. Has cleared protocol.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG