Och senior year

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Och senior year

Post by pdub »

Sherron Collins averaged more assists in his career than RussRob.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Guttermeter-5.

What improvements to Och’s stats would do it for you?

In the context of POY talks in February, he just might be keeping pace. They’re both doing it as thee guy every opposing D schemes against on a top ranked team.

And just doing POY things. Buzzer beaters and game winners and shit.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mason's stats are better but its close.
Ochai winning one more game in a tournament isn't enough alone to top the impact of Mason on the program.

No fault of his own but Chai missed out on 1/3 a season when he pulled his shirt and was involved in a shortened season due to covid.

But if Ochai keeps playing like this, wins NPOY and goes on and wins MVP in the NCAA tournament, he may very well top Frank in my book. I'm rooting for the guy.

And KCrim had this discussion and voted on it which influenced the top 50 and then top 25:

viewtopic.php?t=3824
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tomorrow obviously his time to shine.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:00 pm Guttermeter-5.

What improvements to Och’s stats would do it for you?

In the context of POY talks in February, he just might be keeping pace. They’re both doing it as thee guy every opposing D schemes against on a top ranked team.

And just doing POY things. Buzzer beaters and game winners and shit.
I have no complaints with Och, just point out that the assist difference is significant.

He’s definitely in the POY discussion, deservedly so.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But when a player averages more points and assists for their career at a significantly higher field goal percentage, they aren't as good, bc, they are "the little engine that couldnt" yet had a better tournament and performance in the title game than the other player in question.

In fact, without their plays, we wouldn't have a national title.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Yeah.

BIFM was exceptional, though, as the lead small guard with the ball in his hands.

Trying to decide whether it’s more or less impressive to do it on or off the ball.

I suppose on it, especially cuz BIFM is only like 4 feet tall

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd say Masons cast was better top to bottom so if you're doing tiebreaker type stuff, you can think of that.

I don't think the position matters as much. Great players come at all positions.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Ohhhhh

Dejuan<BIFM
Och>junior off the ball Graham
CB>>>>>>>>Svi
Jalen<Josh Jackson
Bad Dave<Landen Lucas<Good Dave

Which is the closest?

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

And would you trade this year’s bench for Vick and Dwight Coleby and Carlton Bongg?

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Prob not.
Only bc who do we have at backup point?
Tyler?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd rather have Joshy, Vonte, Svi and Lucas than Braun, Dave, Jalen and Harris.

And I'm a Jalen fan but swap Josh in on this team and we are deadly AF.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Ask me that again in April

And yea I like Jalen too. Unique multifaced game.

But Josh was a whole different cat. Lotto talent. Athletic wing big enough and crazy enough to play the PF spot like illy’s boy KJ.
Last edited by Qusdahl on Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm all in on Jalens improvement.
I see his potential.

Josh was just better at every aspect of the game ( especially defending ) sans rebounding...and even that he was good at.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, Josh was playing out of position.
But give me Frank, Chai, Braun, Jackson and Dave and my bench can be Lightfoot and Tyler Self and I'm good.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Yea I just edited for the Josh cuz I’m pretty sure you edited for the Josh before I got done posting.

Or maybe I just missed it the first time.

I’ve had a few coors lites. Plus generous pour of this fancy old liquor Mark Cuban served me earlier today on our fishing trip.

Not that I like fishing.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Imagine having a point who not only had to be guarded but often given help defense for and then imagine that point could also pass to the post.

DMac would love it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:02 pm Imagine having a point who not only had to be guarded but often given help defense for and then imagine that point could also pass to the post.

DMac would love it.
I think our lack of having a point guard that had to be defended and could shoot the past 2 seasons has really really hurt Dave's legacy here. Not saying some of that aint on him, but it doesn't help.

Imagine if he would've been in landens situation, with devonte and frank out there
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:49 am
pdub wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:02 pm Imagine having a point who not only had to be guarded but often given help defense for and then imagine that point could also pass to the post.

DMac would love it.
I think our lack of having a point guard that had to be defended and could shoot the past 2 seasons has really really hurt Dave's legacy here. Not saying some of that aint on him, but it doesn't help.

Imagine if he would've been in landens situation, with devonte and frank out there
Even a roster with Frank, Devonte and Josh Jackson couldn't drag Lucas to a Final Four.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Josh was in foul trouble much of that elite 8 game.

And the ducks just looked like such a longer team.

Dunno how KU manages to look small so often - especially last year, when we were otherwise top to bottom the biggest starting lineup we’d ever had