21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
ArgentineHawk

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by ArgentineHawk »

Mjl wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:22 pm
ArgentineHawk wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:41 pm
hasbeen wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:38 pm I've spent much of my time talking about Harris and Dave's limitations, but this team has limitations everywhere -- including with our best players. Agbaji and Braun both are not playmakers outside of transition. It's rare that either player successfully breaks their defender down in the halfcourt, which leads to some really sluggish offense, given the other issues on the roster.

OA and CB would be ideal #2 and #3 options, but because of (I guess) the NCAA investigation we are really limited talent wise so they are #1 and #2 (or #1 and #3 depending on where you slot Dave). I like telling Jeff Goodman to eat a dick as much as the next guy, but he's right about the talent level currently at KU.

I expect us to rally and beat OU, but this team's flaws are on full display.
Be careful, some one here will say you’re wrong, even though we can all see this is pretty much spot on.
Yes, griping about this being the problem while having the third most efficient offense in the country is wrong.
Can you imagine if we had a playmaker at the PG position?
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Fortunately, someone here will be right and we will know in the next month or two. The national champion tends to come from the group at the top of the offensive efficiency metrics which KU is currently, but I can't fathom how anyone can watch this offense the last few weeks and feel confident that it will be able to outpace our pretty bad defense.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

i want to be optimistic, but man. without remy are we really down to today's 5 1/2 man rotation? this not being 1965, seems like we need more bodies. the other guys can't be that bad, can they?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

It's interesting that we talk almost exclusively about offense when discussing the rotation and almost never about defense....and yet this team is a top 5 offensive team in the country.

We have 1 great college player (Och), 2 really good college players (CB and JW) and then a bunch of average college players...and yet we are fighting for a 1 seed. Look at the teams ranked ahead of us and the talent on those rosters. I think Self and our guys are having a good season. We get hot next month and the first week of April and we will end up with a chance at something special. It won't be pretty, but this team can win multiple ways.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:22 am It's interesting that we talk almost exclusively about offense when discussing the rotation and almost never about defense....and yet this team is a top 5 offensive team in the country.

We have 1 great college player (Och), 2 really good college players (CB and JW) and then a bunch of average college players...and yet we are fighting for a 1 seed. Look at the teams ranked ahead of us and the talent on those rosters. I think Self and our guys are having a good season. We get hot next month and the first week of April and we will end up with a chance at something special. It won't be pretty, but this team can win multiple ways.
Yes.

We seem to be becoming a team that can loose multiple ways too.

OU is not as good as the teams we'll face on day 2 of the tournament. We play like we did yesterday and we are out in the field if 32.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

Yesterday was a C- game for us. And we won.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

We've been playing in the c-range pretty consistently then, save Baylor.

Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:20 pm We've been playing in the c-range pretty consistently then, save Baylor.
Baylor was probably A-/B+

UK was probably D-/F
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:32 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:22 am It's interesting that we talk almost exclusively about offense when discussing the rotation and almost never about defense....and yet this team is a top 5 offensive team in the country.

Yes.

OU is not as good as the teams we'll face on day 2 of the tournament. We play like we did yesterday and we are out in the field if 32.
It seems like a few on here can’t understand this logic.

Do I think we can make a nice run in the tourney? I do, but being honest I can’t see us making a deep run. OU is not a really good team. And it pretty much took everything we had to get the W, in Allen.

This team still has a lot of the same struggles as last year, the biggest one being that they struggle against teams that are long and athletic.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ArgentineHawk wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:37 pm

Yes.

It seems like a few on here can’t understand this logic.

Do I think we can make a nice run in the tourney? I do, but being honest I can’t see us making a deep run. OU is not a really good team. And it pretty much took everything we had to get the W, in Allen.

This team still has a lot of the same struggles as last year, the biggest one being that they struggle against teams that are long and athletic.
Bingo.

A deep run will be due to favorable matchups and hot shooting.

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

If he keeps playing well teams will have to run a triangle and two against us.

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

If Self were playing against us I think he'd do exactly that.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Yep.

then you need someone else to step up.

There's a reason why in so many games, there's an unheard of guy getting a career high, hitting 5 threes when he's only made 1 all season prior against us. It's cause we're focused on other guys.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yes.

We really have proven we can finish out close games, even coming from behind and winning: Yay!

Against teams we are favored by 8 against: ugh.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it has been a damn good season for us so far.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I feel like the ceiling is higher still. Really want to see some subs tonight no matter the score.
Deleted User 863

Do all fan bases "want the subs" seemingly every year as badly as ours do?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:36 pm Do all fan bases "want the subs" seemingly every year as badly as ours do?
Yes. Hence the expression "The backup quarterback is the most popular guy in town."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Really well done by Jesse here. To be successful in March doesn't mean you have a crazy deep team.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/b ... 69178.html
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG