Remy's Knee Thread:

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Remy's Knee Thread:

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Last week of season, you know we're going to beat Texas. Och, Senior Night, revenge game, come on, we're beating Texas.

So you have two games against TCU where you only need to win one of them. That seems like an opportunity, especially if we're working on getting Remy back in the groove.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:08 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:05 am
hasbeen wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:05 am I don't think we're getting him back. There's close to no time left to get ready ahead of the final run and he was struggling with his role even before the injury.
The tourney starts in 5 weeks. There is plenty of time.
Well, actually, 5 weeks isn't plenty of time to insert a major contributor who has shown little ability to blend in. But even setting that aside, Bill can't even say when he expects Remy back....so it's not even 5 weeks.
Did you watch any of the games pre-injury? "shown little ability to blend in" is pretty harsh assessment. 11/4/3 in about 27 minutes is pretty decent for a guy who was struggling to blend in. Was pretty efficient scoring. Shot over 55% in 6 of the 10 games.

I think a lot of people were expecting this 20 point guy to come in and lead the team. I was even one of them to an extent, but looking back he was still pretty solid. Och was playing like NPOY front runner and CB was playing at a level no one expected. I actually praise Remy for deferring at times to those two opposed to going 8 possessions without a shot and going back to his ASU days where he forces something just to get his points.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

With 4 games in 8 days the last week of the season, we will need Remy...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:35 am Dumb.
Play to win the league.
It's going to help your seed which is more important than getting Clemence an extra 6 minutes over 2 games.

Also, winning the B12 is an accomplishment in itself that we should want to do every season.
Meh.

We've done something so awesome that it renders winning the league in any given year sort of meaningless. Rushing a guy back to have a 6% better chance of winning the league is dumb.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:40 am

Well, actually, 5 weeks isn't plenty of time to insert a major contributor who has shown little ability to blend in. But even setting that aside, Bill can't even say when he expects Remy back....so it's not even 5 weeks.
Did you watch any of the games pre-injury? "shown little ability to blend in" is pretty harsh assessment. 11/4/3 in about 27 minutes is pretty decent for a guy who was struggling to blend in. Was pretty efficient scoring. Shot over 55% in 6 of the 10 games.

I think a lot of people were expecting this 20 point guy to come in and lead the team. I was even one of them to an extent, but looking back he was still pretty solid. Och was playing like NPOY front runner and CB was playing at a level no one expected. I actually praise Remy for deferring at times to those two opposed to going 8 possessions without a shot and going back to his ASU days where he forces something just to get his points.
Yes, see his game log I linked. The late December injury is pretty apparent.

Best way to get more comfortable with a team is to get a lot of reps. And Remy is so much different from the rest of our players, who are pretty predictable. Just a real sucky situation.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we're tied going into the TCU x 2 and UT, play your best guys.
If we have a game in hand, sure, @TCU go nuts.
If they somehow beat us, they wouldn't in AFH. We ain't loosing two in a row to TCU.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:41 am We've done something so awesome that it renders winning the league in any given year sort of meaningless.
Dumb.
Hey all, we won this thing a lot in the past, ain't no thang now.
Whatever, we got a single game elimination tournament to focus on - conference season's so blah.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:41 amRushing a guy back to have a 6% better chance of winning the league is dumb.
While I agree that it's not really fair to anyone to rush him back from an injury, I do think that if Remy doesn't get some run prior to the Big 12 Tournament, we're just not going to see him the rest of the season. That's pretty similar to how Bill handled Selby's injury.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:44 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:41 am We've done something so awesome that it renders winning the league in any given year sort of meaningless.
Dumb.
Hey all, we won this thing a lot in the past, ain't no thang now.
Whatever, we got a single game elimination tournament to focus on - conference season's so blah.
Just saying that this is literally a choice between maximizing for a title shot, or maximizing for a conference championship. Of COURSE they're not mutually exclusive, but it is a choice of which to prioritize.

Go find a list of coaches with the most conference championships. Bill already stands out there and is miles and miles and miles above the rest because of the streak.

Now go compare a list of coaches with a single national title, to a list of guys with two or more. The difference is vast (and Bill is on the outside looking in).

We should be in the business of big-game hunting first, everything else second.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kansas has the 3rd most NCAA tourney wins since 2010.
A single elimination tournament does not define a seasons success ( for me ).
Sure helps but 2010 and 11 were still great seasons.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:40 am

11/4/3 and is fine though not nearly as impressive as you want it to be. I'm referring more to Self's open annoyance with Remy's play pre-injury.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If your kid has gotten straight A's elementary to sophomore year, and got two B's their junior year, you don't tell them to skip class which will result in a B and losing a chance at valedictorian so they can take a SAT course, even if a perfect SAT score at the college they are applying for would mean a complete full ride.

You have them try for the straight A's senior year and figure out different times for that SAT course.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:52 am Kansas has the 3rd most NCAA tourney wins since 2010.
A single elimination tournament does not define a seasons success ( for me ).
Sure helps but 2010 and 11 were still great seasons.
Michael Scott yelling thank you gif
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I love when you go to Allen Fieldhouse and right before the starting lineups they play the hype video and everyone's eyes are glued to the screen. Then the climax of the video is when it shows "Kansas: 3rd most tournament wins since 2010" and the crowd goes wild. Even babies have tears in their eyes.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:58 am I love when you go to Allen Fieldhouse and right before the starting lineups they play the hype video and everyone's eyes are glued to the screen. Then the climax of the video is when it shows "Kansas: 3rd most tournament wins since 2010" and the crowd goes wild. Even babies have tears in their eyes.
LOL. Yes, personally, I've loved watching KU in the NCAA tournament since 2010. Non-stop fun, no gut punch early exits. Or opportunities missed. It's been lovely.

And man, thank God for those Big 12 titles!

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They show clips of Marcus Morris, Cole Aldrich, Jeff Withey, Thomas Robinson, Frank Mason in those videos, no?

The way we won that final in 08 of course is going to be iconic.
But that team won the B12 and the B12 tournament too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

To hasbeen and jfish, there have only been 3 good seasons under Bill Self and 1 great one.
What a shitty fan experience.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

love 2 be superior to Iowa State and Kansas St then lose in E8 to VCU, thats actually a great season, i love being a fan

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What a shitty fan experience.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

great season guys, we will always have that b12 banner!

- lobser