Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
Cascadia

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:01 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:57 pm Ousdahl seems to consume as much or more "propaganda" as anyone around here. And doesn't seem to realize it?
I'm not convinced it isn't a bit.
He’s been clownsuiting some otherwise very smart posters for weeks now.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

state dept. tells remaining US citizens to leave russia
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:12 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:01 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:57 pm Ousdahl seems to consume as much or more "propaganda" as anyone around here. And doesn't seem to realize it?
I'm not convinced it isn't a bit.
He’s been clownsuiting some otherwise very smart posters for weeks now.
You say that all the time.

No he hasn't.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

I don’t mean to “clown suit” anyone.

But I also don’t know how anyone paying attention can fail to see the problem here is overzealous US/NATO imperial hegemony, just as much as it is Putin (fuck him).

Thought experiment: maybe Putin (fuck him) would cease fire if Biden (fuck him too) called him up and offered to get NATO out of Ukraine

…just like we agreed to do in 1990!

Would you make that deal?
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Can you remind me in what treaty or document that agreement was made?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Also, even if Ukraine went to NATO, you're saying that's as bad as invading a sovereign nation. You're the most pro-war person here
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Qusdahl wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:54 pm I don’t mean to “clown suit” anyone.
This is the best part; I don't think you're actually trying to clown suit them. They just can't help themselves.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

mjl - look up something along the lines of “Baker-Gorbachev negotiations” if your curious.

Though, spoiler alert: like everything else surrounding US/NATO-Russia relations, facts are disputed. I wasn’t there personally so I dunno for sure. Like I said, my world view right now is skepticism. It was over 3 decades ago either way.

what exactly do you intend to accomplish by accusing me of being pro-war? I’m here trying to figure out some way to end it ASAP, not escalate it.

If I may ask again, even more generally so: if Putin (fuck him) agreed to cease fire if the US and NATO agreed to some sort of reduction in their presence and activity in Ukraine, would you make that deal?

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Fucking disgusting.

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/05/spor ... riner.html

Interesting. No idea if she had it or if the ruskies are effing with her/us.
Broham
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Qusdahl wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:47 pm mjl - look up something along the lines of “Baker-Gorbachev negotiations” if your curious.

Though, spoiler alert: like everything else surrounding US/NATO-Russia relations, facts are disputed. I wasn’t there personally so I dunno for sure. Like I said, my world view right now is skepticism. It was over 3 decades ago either way.

what exactly do you intend to accomplish by accusing me of being pro-war? I’m here trying to figure out some way to end it ASAP, not escalate it.

If I may ask again, even more generally so: if Putin (fuck him) agreed to cease fire if the US and NATO agreed to some sort of reduction in their presence and activity in Ukraine, would you make that deal?
I'm familiar with the "deal", but you talk about it like it was in writing or like Gorbachev agrees that it ever happened, so I figured you should actually look into it since you were the one bringing it up. If you're saying that violation of a verbal agreement from 30 years ago that may or may not have happened warrants war, or even warrants bringing up, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm accusing you of being pro-war because you think you're anti-war, yet you're taking what is effectively the pro-war position.

To answer the question, I don't know, that's up to Ukraine if they'd take that ceasefire, but I could understand them not taking it. That's empowering Putin to do this kind of thing again.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

💰

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Qusdahl wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:37 pm
Feels staged.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:28 am

💰
Not that I have a clue what to make of it either

buuuut

when’s a good time to discuss what country, and what country’s president, was named in the Pandora Papers as much as anyone?

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So before we move the goalposts and start into oil prices; have you conceded that the “Baker-Gorbachev negotiations” ploy by Putin is just more of his delusional bullshit?

And the Azov Battalion?; in all of it's configurations over the years under different Ukraine presidents. Was Putin justified in using that as a measure to say the current administration in Ukraine is neo-nazi and therefore he had to invade to stop the Nazis on his doorstep or was that another bullshit ruse?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

💰
?

just because we don't buy a lot of Russian oil doesnt mean other countries don't....

Those other countries are now needing to buy that oil from other sources. Overall demand for oil hasn't decreased worldwide....but the supply has. We are now all buying/competing for the same oil.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:46 am

💰
?

just because we don't buy a lot of Russian oil doesnt mean other countries don't....

Those other countries are now needing to buy that oil from other sources. Overall demand for oil hasn't decreased worldwide....but the supply has. We are now all buying/competing for the same oil.
Exactly. And everyone can share in this. Buy USO.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »