Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:16 pm Russia supposedly seizing assets of all foreign companies who leave.

end game is increasingly unclear
I think it’s quite clear, really. What will Putin do when he realizes that this is a war he can’t win in Ukraine or at home?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:16 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:16 pm Russia supposedly seizing assets of all foreign companies who leave.

end game is increasingly unclear
I think it’s quite clear, really. What will Putin do when he realizes that this is a war he can’t win in Ukraine or at home?
probably things nobody wants to think about.

reports killing foreign journalists. He desperately wants to provoke the west into conflict
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

end game is increasingly nuclear
Fyp
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:51 pm There’s also this video going around of some Bulgarian journalist chick apparently blowing the whistle about US-funded biochemical warfare labs in Ukraine.

And I don’t wanna actually share it cuz I’m skeptical and it’s prob BS, but I still kinda wanna share it anyway, cuz holy shit that Bulgarian is a babe.

Earning that moniker again...
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Mjl wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:43 am
Qusdahl wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:51 pm There’s also this video going around of some Bulgarian journalist chick apparently blowing the whistle about US-funded biochemical warfare labs in Ukraine.

And I don’t wanna actually share it cuz I’m skeptical and it’s prob BS, but I still kinda wanna share it anyway, cuz holy shit that Bulgarian is a babe.

Earning that moniker again...
TrumperDub thought it was true.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you cant read
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ill try and slow it down for you since you have a real tough time with reading comprehension.

I said "if any of this is accurate" then it didn't seem like a crazy idea. That was based on taking the tweet (from doyel? maybe) at face value. It was the first I had heard of any such thing and had no reason to believe or doubt it.

It is curious to me, after a thread full of hot takes and Q meme/Russian propagnada talking point regurgitation from your boy Qusdahl....you single my post out, which contained a pretty large qualifier. You and Q should just go ahead and elope.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

It would be pretty naive to think we dont have some sort of biolabs...somewhere...or various things. Where they are I have no idea and I would guess Tulsi might have a better idea of where they might be than you or I. I have no idea, as I said, it was a face value response to a tweet, I dont go seeking this stuff out, nor do I have or pretend to have any in depth knowledge on the subject.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hopefully that clears it up for you and you can move on with your day.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’d actually be more surprised if the US wasn’t funding labs in Ukraine

we fund science of all sorts, all over the world

it’s called collaboration

was just reading a story about a global initiative to estimate the current state of salmon populations that has had a wrench thrown into it because a number of the scientists involved are russian
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:05 pm It would be pretty naive to think we dont have some sort of biolabs...somewhere...or various things. Where they are I have no idea and I would guess Tulsi might have a better idea of where they might be than you or I. I have no idea, as I said, it was a face value response to a tweet, I dont go seeking this stuff out, nor do I have or pretend to have any in depth knowledge on the subject.
i kinda doubt that, unless she’s taken a keen interest in that subject specifically
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

putin won’t stop in Ukraine

https://rferl.org/a/putin-ukraine-nato- ... 49844.html

(Ousie…some good context re russia-NATO relations through time)
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

somebody is gonna get disappeared right quick, i’d think

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ing-to-you
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:18 pm putin won’t stop in Ukraine

https://rferl.org/a/putin-ukraine-nato- ... 49844.html

(Ousie…some good context re russia-NATO relations through time)
local news just reported that she’s now missing
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah heard she was arrested by police, but who knows what has happened since then.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:10 am Yeah heard she was arrested by police, but who knows what has happened since then.
nbc national news said detained by police

no wonder Ousie is so skeptical
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:05 pm It would be pretty naive to think we dont have some sort of biolabs...somewhere...or various things. Where they are I have no idea and I would guess Tulsi might have a better idea of where they might be than you or I. I have no idea, as I said, it was a face value response to a tweet, I dont go seeking this stuff out, nor do I have or pretend to have any in depth knowledge on the subject.
It's just a matter of whether you believe those biolabs are working on regular old items of public health or secret bio weapons. And for the record, Gabbard made some clarifying comments this week explaining just that:

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabbard- ... ns-1688060

On Twitter, Gabbard explained that she doesn't believe there are biological weapons labs or biological weapons in Ukraine—as Russia would have it—but was expressing concern about the fact that there are labs researching pathogens in an active warzone.

She suggested that there might have been some "miscommunication and misunderstanding" about the terms bio labs and bio weapons labs.

"'Biolabs' are facilities which contain and experiment with dangerous pathogens, ostensibly for the purpose of serving the public good (i.e. vaccines, etc.). 'Biological weapons labs' are facilities which exist for the purpose of turning pathogens into weapons so they can be used against an enemy (i.e. 'bioweapons')," Gabbard tweeted.

She added that the danger of pathogens being released from bio labs in Ukraine was "very real," saying: "We need to take action immediately to prevent an impending catastrophe."

So basically, the term "biolab" is innocuous but some people just watch too many movies and make assumptions.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Finally, they found a neo-nazi.

It’s worth noting, however, that Svoboda no longer holds any seats in Ukraine’s parliament, whereas far-right nationalists hold seats in the parliaments of at least 19 other European countries, including Hungary, Austria, Switzerland and Denmark.

OK fine, but still, they found a nazi!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukrainian-ma ... 19300.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:57 am
It's just a matter of whether you believe those biolabs are working on regular old items of public health or secret bio weapons. And for the record, Gabbard made some clarifying comments this week explaining just that:

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabbard- ... ns-1688060

On Twitter, Gabbard explained that she doesn't believe there are biological weapons labs or biological weapons in Ukraine—as Russia would have it—but was expressing concern about the fact that there are labs researching pathogens in an active warzone.

She suggested that there might have been some "miscommunication and misunderstanding" about the terms bio labs and bio weapons labs.

"'Biolabs' are facilities which contain and experiment with dangerous pathogens, ostensibly for the purpose of serving the public good (i.e. vaccines, etc.). 'Biological weapons labs' are facilities which exist for the purpose of turning pathogens into weapons so they can be used against an enemy (i.e. 'bioweapons')," Gabbard tweeted.

She added that the danger of pathogens being released from bio labs in Ukraine was "very real," saying: "We need to take action immediately to prevent an impending catastrophe."

So basically, the term "biolab" is innocuous but some people just watch too many movies and make assumptions.
I read the original comment "biolabs" as in, research facilities, not as in biological warfare development. Which, my comment about probably should try and not let those get destroyed (for both research lost and potential pathogens released) still seems to not be a crazy statement.

You're going to need to slow this down though and use more common language....Cascadia is still learning to read so he gets lost sometimes and makes some grand assumptions that arent accurate.
Just Ledoux it