2022-2023 Lineup

Kansas Basketball.
Back2Lawrence

Re: 2022-2023 Lineup

Post by Back2Lawrence »

DH is that 'glue' guy that Self loves so much. See: Marcus (not one of the Twins, fuck them).

As far as his 'role'. He DID play 38 min in 4 games this year.

More importantly, Self is not afraid to make game-to-game decisions based on what is happening. Braun, for example, played his least amount of minutes vs. Nova than any game minus Mizzou this year. Because his head wasn't in game and Self recognized and made adjustments.

But you all just like to argue nuance.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:50 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:40 pm Maybe I'm wrong....but why am I the only one that is excited for a healthy Bobby? he seems glossed over in all these discussions. Also curious to see what Cuffe has....we know he has the athleticism.

I think KJ takes a big leap forward as well.
I'm with you. Especially at KU with Self. Transfers are going to struggle especially early. Players familiar with the system have a huge advantage. Players get better over time...we just saw that big time with Och and Braun. Also, the bored seems to have a collective blind spot for injuries. Injured players don't play very well. There was a ton of excitement around Pettiford before his injury.

As far as transfers go, I'd want and see how the roster shakes out and use it to fill needs. Not just use it to use it. We are probably gonna have 4 combo guards. Not sure that's a position of need. If everyone leaves, we might need more wings.
Yeah, gonna need some athletic wings that can shoot. I want Landers Nolley.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Pettiford's defense was pretty awesome in places. Always has a spot with a Self team.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

I’m thinking Pettiford is going to have a huge impact next year and beyond. Showed some real flashes when he was healthy.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so, we have no idea who will be back and such yet.

The most likely:

Dajuan - starting PG from a championship squad with 3 years of eligibility
KJ - versatile athlete who can guard anybody, most minutes among freshmen this year

Still pretty likely:
- Bobby: Self has gushed about him, got minutes before the injury
- Zach: good size and skillset, actually played a little this year, but again mostly before injury
- Cuffe: shirted but not really any reason to think he gone
- Yes: on one hand seems like the next up for backcourt minutes, but on the other already transferred once, and questions about the fit

Upperclassmen with pro potential but still might be back:
- Dave - graduated, got the ring, gets to keep the natty net around his neck (in lieu of actual MOP), likely to have a long pro career somewhere though not necessarily the NBA, but a super senior campaign (with some good NIL peppered in) seems as good as spot as any for him next year
- CB - already buzzing on draft boards, might be good to strike while the iron's hot, but he could benefit his draft stock with a senior campaign, plus KS kid so prob that much more sentimental about shit like a senior campaign in AFH
- Jalen: already tested once, pro potential but not necessarily in the league, already had a hell of a college career even though more college could help his stock too

- Och: was a last minute draft withdrawal as it was, responded to scout's advice with an AA/MOP campaign, as decorated as one can get at the college level, plus the highest NBA potential of the bunch
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess what my question then is, who scores next year?

If any of the upperclassmen return, gotta think they'll be top options.

Otherwise, we got guys like Dajuan and KJ, who are good pieces and defensively minded, but not really offensive juggernauts. Bobby has a lot of potential as a pure PG, it seems, but dunno if he's gonna be that go-get-a-bucket guy we'll need. Maybe some combo of Yes/Cuffe/Zach?

Dick seems likely ready to contribute at the D1 level. Maybe even Rice too.

and there's always the transfer portal.

man, lots of question marks for next year's lineup!
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

I don't know if it was earlier in this thread or in a different one I shared my thought but I'll repeat it:

I would be STUNNED if Dave came back.
Deleted User 863

Cane's coming thru with that NIL $$$

Deleted User 863

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Who scores next year?

Right now I'd guess grady dick leads, then yesefu and clemence both around 10/11 ppg

Unless braun or jalen come back

And unless we get a big time transfer
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KJ might get 10 a game just in put backs
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

It's a wild guess right now not knowing the roster.

I think Gradey will be really good. I am not sure we can expect Wiggins type good out of him though.

I am going to guess based on who I think will be back and then go down the list of who I think our rotation will be....

CB
Jalen
Clemence
Yesufu
Gradey
Rice
DH
KJ
Cuffe

I don't see why Jalen would leave unless he hates school that much. CB has a tough decision to make.

Full disclosure: i am very conservative in my predictions when it comes to freshman and transfers.
Deleted User 863

90.10 training videos make Cam look like he's improved a ton.

Maybe I am being too sentimental, but i think JW and CB want to come back and do it again.

DH
CB
Gradey
JW
KJ

Yesufu
Rice
Clemence

Decent rotation right there. Need CB to continue improving ball handling. It seems like there aren't many ballhandlers in that rotation, but JW mitigates that because he initiated offense quite a bit this year from the 4 spot.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:07 pmWho scores next year?
Ask and you shall receive.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wut?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Clemence is gonna score. 4th on team in per40 scoring, second highest usage on the team. Not afraid to shoot and he's gonna get minutes.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:58 pm Clemence is gonna score. 4th on team in per40 scoring, second highest usage on the team. Not afraid to shoot and he's gonna get minutes.
If Jalen and CB both leave, it wouldn't be totally crazy to think he could lead us in scoring.

Curious to see how well he can avoid foul trouble with the increase in minutes.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

So let's say for funsies that we keep CB and Jalen, and we get Davis... Juan comes off the bench? That's be weird. Unless Davis would come off the bench and play Remy minutes.