Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:03 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:55 pm it seems plenty of you guys refuse to acknowledge or consider my views and my sources
since you are a russian bot, i'm guessing you don't really care what others think of you.
Gold
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:39 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:38 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 am

This is concerning.

If you might be willing to compare and contrast me and lobster, please do.

I feel he and I are ideologically total opposites, but help me out if you would.
You may be driving in the opposite direction but you're both driving cars that need to have their windshields thoroughly scrubbed. All these kooky conspiracies and unconfirmed "facts" stick to people like big juicy bugs on a windshield. The more you drive through the muck and the swamp of "news" sources full of unconfirmed stories and full-on propaganda lies, the dirtier your vehicle gets. A token squirt of wiper fluid from time to time just smears them all over your viewpoint and clouds your ability to see what is actually going on outside.

It's hard to balance seeing beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us and the propaganda BS the social media posers barf out in an effort to look like they see beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us.
Thanks for this.

There are lots of ways to contrast myself with the crustacean. Perhaps the only way we both compare is, we both may deviate from some mainstream narrative about a lot of things - albeit on opposite ends of the bell curve.

Lobster sought only information to validate his views. I seek all the info I can get, even if it destroys my views.

Not to mention lobster getting alarmingly cozy with all the bigoted misogynistic bullshit, which I wholly condemn.

Among other differences…

But in the context of this thread, bear in mind I’m prob only one seeking any context “beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us.”

But maybe that just makes me a social media poser.
bolded is absolute and total bullshit. Many many times people have offered alternative views and sources and you didnt acknowledge any of them. Wuote the opposite in fact.....Trad posts an article about the potential that Putin was one of the driving forces behind the Nazi in Ukraine.....and instead of that "destroying your views" you turn around and call me Adolf for telling you what the article said.

you and your self righteousness can fuck right off.

gone again.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:54 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:38 am

You may be driving in the opposite direction but you're both driving cars that need to have their windshields thoroughly scrubbed. All these kooky conspiracies and unconfirmed "facts" stick to people like big juicy bugs on a windshield. The more you drive through the muck and the swamp of "news" sources full of unconfirmed stories and full-on propaganda lies, the dirtier your vehicle gets. A token squirt of wiper fluid from time to time just smears them all over your viewpoint and clouds your ability to see what is actually going on outside.

It's hard to balance seeing beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us and the propaganda BS the social media posers barf out in an effort to look like they see beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us.
Thanks for this.

There are lots of ways to contrast myself with the crustacean. Perhaps the only way we both compare is, we both may deviate from some mainstream narrative about a lot of things - albeit on opposite ends of the bell curve.

Lobster sought only information to validate his views. I seek all the info I can get, even if it destroys my views.

Not to mention lobster getting alarmingly cozy with all the bigoted misogynistic bullshit, which I wholly condemn.

Among other differences…

But in the context of this thread, bear in mind I’m prob only one seeking any context “beyond the propaganda BS the mass market media feeds us.”

But maybe that just makes me a social media poser.
bolded is absolute and total bullshit. Many many times people have offered alternative views and sources and you didnt acknowledge any of them. Wuote the opposite in fact.....Trad posts an article about the potential that Putin was one of the driving forces behind the Nazi in Ukraine.....and instead of that "destroying your views" you turn around and call me Adolf for telling you what the article said.

you and your self righteousness can fuck right off.

gone again.
I've missed you TDub. I wish you would stick around. Oussie's nuts, but I think he's a good guy.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:16 pm “If I may express concern of my own, it seems plenty of you guys refuse to acknowledge or consider my views and my sources even though I’m posting otherwise respectable sources. ”

bs

just because we don’t agree with you doesn’t mean we don’t acknowledge or consider your views

continued engagement with you on this topic is proof enough of that

nobody, other than maybe mich, has said that US is beyond reproach, generally

dolo is really the only sabre rattler around here. most everyone else, unless i’m mistaken, would rather this not even be an issue the world has to deal with right now

but it is an issue that “we” must deal with, and you’ve offered zero alternatives to the current situation other than “let’s all just get along” and “US is bad and has no business telling other countries what to do”

i don’t even think you’ve offered an alternative solution to dealing with violent dictators generally…much less, specific to this situation

i, and i’m sure others, have pointed out numerous times that the US has often, including with Ukraine, sought diplomatic solutions long before military ones were used…but you don’t even acknowledge that part of the debate. or, if you do, it’s just a momentary lull before the next hot take solution to world problems encapsulated in 280 characters or less

quit playing the victim card
This is so disappointing.

I HAVE offered alternatives to the current situation!

Perhaps they weren’t given enough consideration the first time around?

And perhaps I missed this much the first time around, but - what diplomatic solutions has the US sought in the Ukraine conflict?

I don’t consider myself a victim here. I’m trying to establish an anti-war view, though it’s def a minority view among a majority that has been conditioned to proudly accept whatever pro-war view is advanced, and reject anything but.

It really sucks that this discussion so often results in so much bickering.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thanks for thinking I’m a good guy, 99. I try to be.

It sucks that TDub mostly hides nowadays, and comes back mostly just to put me down, yet I’m the one who gets labeled as nuts.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

When trad posted that article, I acknowledged it!

This was my response then, and what I’d like to reiterate once again, that both of these things can be true:

- Putin’s rhetoric is bullshit
- Ukraine has a nazi problem either way
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

So. Full. Of. Shit.

You spew bigoted and misogynistic shit constantly under the disguise of attempted humor.

Calling a black person an uncle tom.

Talking about how the old girl friend of yours that you saw in Branson (or wherever the fuck you were) had all of her weight gain go to her tits.

The examples are nearly endless.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:15 pm I’m trying to establish an anti-war view, though it’s def a minority view among a majority that has been conditioned to proudly accept whatever pro-war view is advanced, and reject anything but.
More total bullshit.

An anti-war view is the MAJORITY view on this messageboard.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:17 pm Thanks for thinking I’m a good guy, 99. I try to be.

It sucks that TDub mostly hides nowadays, and comes back mostly just to put me down, yet I’m the one who gets labeled as nuts.
You call him adolf. Your bestie Cascadia calls him a trumper.

And then you say it sucks that he "hides".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so as thee most outspoken critic of Putin in this here thread, Qusdahl too knows exactly what's up this. You show 'em, little girl!

but can anyone please help Qusdahl understand just exactly what is up with this??

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

re: tweet #2

the US isn’t going to be bullied by china (as well it shouldn’t)

i mean, it’s not like an invasion under false pretexts or something…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

should China be bullied by the US?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and how is the US being bullied by China?

is China brazenly sending their top officials for rah rah cockmeasuring contests in like Puerto Rico despite our explicit demands not to?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

how is a few lawmakers visiting Taiwan bullying?

maybe bullying wasn’t the right word. how about intimidated?

china’s military drills during pelosi’s visit were absolutely provocative, and i’d argue an attempt at intimidation

is Puerto Rico trying to gain independence from the US? seems to me it’s quite the opposite - they want statehood
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the US, very obviously to me, is trying to have its cake and eat it to with regards to taiwan

formally we won’t recognize them as being distinct from china, but it’s not so cut and dry in practice

i don’t know the right answer, other than to say that i personally support a peoples’ right to freedom and independence

do you?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:36 am and how is the US being bullied by China?

is China brazenly sending their top officials for rah rah cockmeasuring contests in like Puerto Rico despite our explicit demands not to?
lol, what?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yes, agreed, I absolutely support a peoples' right to freedom and independence. That's what's got me concerned here!

so perhaps the question is then, are the US the best ones to bring about freedom and independence?

how is it "freedom" or "independence" to have foreign leaders parading around your own neck of the woods? How does this benefit the Taiwanese people?

Heck, how does this benefit the American people? Why are our elected leaders attending these pep rallies on the other side of the world instead of serving the folks who elected them? Don't they have anything better to do?

Can we really say anything about this is diplomatic? especially when it's so directly and explicitly pissing off China.

Like you said, it's not so cut and dry in practice. "We don't FORMALLY recognize you as being distinct from China, but on some obvious de facto level we'll send our leaders to recognize you anyway" is one hell of a foreign policy.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:36 am and how is the US being bullied by China?

Our governmental officials should not be swayed from a state visit to another region because some other nation tells us not to go there. China can go fuck off and get their own house in order.

And your Puerto Rico comment is off base. The two situations are not similar at all; they are nearly polar opposites.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

As Trad and twocoach pointed out, unlike China, there are no serious independence talks in the US or possessions (Texas notwithstanding). A slightly more apt example would be Scotland, but only slightly. Kurdistan?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

perhaps there are better analogies, sure.

but, how is Puerto Rico a polar opposite?

I'm using it as an analogy here. It's a territory the US considers its own, right? Just like Taiwan is a territory China considers its own.

so what if Chinese officials were parading around Puerto Rico effectively recognizing the territory's own freedom and independence from their imperial overlords?

that just sounds pretty...fucked up, right? Merica's likely response would be to freak right out about it, right? No fucking way China would actually be trying to bring about freedom and independence, they must be up to no good! Right?

so with that said, lemme once again ask:

Just exactly what are our elected leaders up to in Taiwan?