Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

do you really agree with all my points? or any of them?

Which ones?

as for a now what - now how do we end this damn war in Ukraine?

And for that matter, all the wars?

among other things, I guess.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

howsabout we play another round of "Nazis in Ukraine that keep showing up in western media despite western media being so determined to downplay nazis in Ukraine."

in today's edition, let's consider this notorious Russophile and Putin-parroting bad guy Kremlin spam bot:

Volodymyr Zelenskiy!

if you're curious about that symbol, here you go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Waff ... _Galician)

he posted a bunch of pics of Ukrainian soldiers to celebrate Ukrainian Independence Day, including that dood pictured above.

maybe we should ask ourselves why today we're glorifying and arming doods who are still wearing the same uniform of a division of fighters that surrendered to western allies back in 1945.

or at the very least, ask whether Zelenskiy was even aware of what that symbol was. You'd think he or his handlers would be very cognizant of that sort of thing, and use caution to avoid it, yet here we are again.

to be fair, that post on Zelenskiy's gram no longer contains that particular image, and the slideshow now only displays 8 pics instead of the 9 pics it apparently had yesterday. The screenshot is all over the tweeter though, but just from AnOnYmOuS TwItTeR UsErS!!!, cuz of course no mainstream media is running that story, so maybe we really should dismiss that too as just more Russian propaganda.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I know I've asked this before but here it goes again.

Where would you like for the Russian tanks to stop rolling?
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I like that the suggestion under "similar topics" below this one is "can men have babies"....that about sums up the circus that is this thread.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I never wanted Russian tanks to roll in the first place.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Me either, but they are and we need to help stop them
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If Merica agreed to quit pouring arms blindly into one of the most crooked countries in the world as a condition of getting Russia to quit their bullshit too, would you do make that deal?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:40 pm If Merica agreed to quit pouring arms blindly into one of the most crooked countries in the world as a condition of getting Russia to quit their bullshit too, would you do make that deal?
If Russia would quit their BS, there would be no reason to send arms into Ukraine. There is one aggressor here.

If England and France had stepped up in 1936 when Germany militarized the Rhineland, WWII may have been avoided. Maybe this is our chance to avoid WWIII. Or start it, I dunno.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I know I shouldn't bother. But, 99, you're one of the most reasonable posters here. I respect you and your levelheadedness.

So, if I may, please help me understand:

How do you reconcile "if Russia would quit their BS, there would be no reason to send arms into Ukraine" with the fact we were sending arms into Ukraine for years before Russia started their BS?

How do you say so confidently that there is only one aggressor here?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

youre serious?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yes, I'm serious.

Help me understand how one country's BS = aggression, but another country's BS = freedom and democracy, or whatever.

To quote Japhy in the student loans thread, "if you don't see the hypocrisy...then you are not thinking about it"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BTW, you ok dude? A guy with a clown avatar posting a suicidal clown gif is pretty disturbing. If that's some plea for help, don't hesitate to reach out.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:41 am I know I shouldn't bother. But, 99, you're one of the most reasonable posters here. I respect you and your levelheadedness.

So, if I may, please help me understand:

How do you reconcile "if Russia would quit their BS, there would be no reason to send arms into Ukraine" with the fact we were sending arms into Ukraine for years before Russia started their BS?

How do you say so confidently that there is only one aggressor here?
I could be wrong, but I believe that we only started sending arms to Ukraine after Russia invaded Crimea. Again, Russia invaded Ukraine, not the other way around. There is one aggressor here.
Broham
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i lost interest a long time ago.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Of course you did.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thanks, 99.

The Russian invasion of Crimea occurred in February and March 2014, subsequent to and as a result of the Maidan Revolution in Ukraine or whatever you want to call it, which began with protests in November 2013, and resulting in a coup to oust the then-president on February 21. That president said the vote to remove him from office was illegal and possibly coerced, so he went bellyaching to Putin (fuck him), and Russia invaded Crimea beginning February 27.

In that Maidan revolution, the then-president of Ukraine rejected some trade deal with the EU, in favor of strengthening some trade deal with Russia and the Eurasian Economic Union instead. The fallout from that decision resulted in protests, and the ultimate removal of the then-prez. A pro-western/EU right wing gummint was then installed.

I don't entirely understand exactly why a revolution in the western city of Kiev resulted in an invasion of the eastern region of Crimea, but like I've said all along, international politics is totally fucked.

Crimea is tricky cuz it's apparently a large majority of ethnic Russians. They'd been protesting the Ukrainian government for years, and supposedly voted overwhelmingly to be annexed by Russia, so I dunno if there really is any question of self-determination at hand or that's just more Kremlin propaganda.

Same can be said for now: if the majority of the peoples in the Donbas region really are ethnic Russians who would rather be part of Russia anyway, why shouldn't they get to choose for themselves? Would it really be any sweat off of any our sacks? Except that it can be perceived as some victory for Russia, which I won't want to afford them either.

And the whole issue of civil unrest within Ukraine, with like 14000 dead civilians in since the Maidan revolution, and how eastern Ukraine wants nothing to do with western Ukraine, and all that shit.

Of course, this is hardly the first time Russia invaded Ukraine, or that the two nations fought.

Enter Merica: there's rumors all the Maidan revolution protests and coup were staged or at least in part aided by none other than our very own CIA. They haven't declassified the info plainly admitting as much, at least yet, but in case no one has noticed, covertly meddling in foreign regime changes all over the world is precisely what the CIA does.

And this whole proxy war thing: when our own intelligence admits our aid is overwhelmingly "lethal aid" (guns and bombs, rather than anything humanitarian or diplomatic), and admits we have no real oversight over the distribution of the arms once they get to Ukraine, don't know who's getting them, or what they're doing with them; and admits there is a far-right militant extremist neo-nazi problem in Ukraine to the point some of our own lawmakers asked to reevaluate pouring arms into the place (but not quite); I just dunno how any of that can be looked at as really being in good faith.

I think it's largely just yet another handout to the vultures in the MIC. I also can't help but wonder if officials in Ukraine, one of the most notoriously corrupt countries in the world, are flipping those arms on the black market just to line their own pockets. There's also the concern that your and my taxpayer-funded weapons are being used by the far right extremist Ukrainians to carry out their fucked up ethno-fascist violence against anyone who doesn't line up with their pure-blooded Ukrainian nationalist values.

Anywho so that's once again a more detailed explanation. But let's just get back to the oversimplified version:

Ukraine good!

Russia bad!

Merica best!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The simple answer is Russia is rolling it's tanks west and it would be best to stop them in Ukraine.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

are you personally prepared to go fight?

I hope not.

I'd miss you, 99.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm kinda old for that. But if I gotta go, I gotta go.
Broham