TDub
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

For those here in the US who speak out against Russia's war in Ukraine, say thanks that you live in this country and not Russia:

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ru ... 7c9949889a

"The chairman of Russian oil and gas giant Lukoil — which spoke out against Russia's invasion of Ukraine — has died after falling out of a hospital window, state news agencies RIA Novosti and TASS reported Thursday.

Ravil Maganov died at the Central Clinical Hospital west of Moscow, according to the reports, which cite the hospital and law enforcement sources.

"The incident occurred around 07:00 am Moscow time in the Central Clinical Hospital ... The man fell out of the sixth-floor window and died as a result of his injuries," a source told TASS."

Is anyone dumb enough to believe this guy just "fell" out of a sixth floor window?!?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

reminds me of the bit in Pulp Fiction about dude getting tossed out off the balcony for giving a foot massage
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

The Russians leave no doubt about the cause of death, who intended to send the message and who else are targeted. Polonium in the tea, anyone?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:41 am For those here in the US who speak out against Russia's war in Ukraine, say thanks that you live in this country and not Russia:

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ru ... 7c9949889a

"The chairman of Russian oil and gas giant Lukoil — which spoke out against Russia's invasion of Ukraine — has died after falling out of a hospital window, state news agencies RIA Novosti and TASS reported Thursday.

Ravil Maganov died at the Central Clinical Hospital west of Moscow, according to the reports, which cite the hospital and law enforcement sources.

"The incident occurred around 07:00 am Moscow time in the Central Clinical Hospital ... The man fell out of the sixth-floor window and died as a result of his injuries," a source told TASS."

Is anyone dumb enough to believe this guy just "fell" out of a sixth floor window?!?
When a question beginning with, "Is anyone dumb enough..." is posted on KCrim, the answer is YES, 100% of the time.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

phd's back!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

mass graves and torture chambers

which side are the nazis on again?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

As for the alleged mass graves and torture chambers, that's way scary, and sound like the stuff of war crimes. If so, I hope the perpetrators may some way be held accountable. That goes for every war crime everywhere. And, once again, I cannot stress this enough: the answer to the problem of war crimes is not more war.

as for which side the nazis are on...let's discuss what appears to be a PDF in English of the Ukrainian constitution on what appears to be the United States Department of Justice website. Will somebody please tell me this is fake news? This has to be Russian propaganda, right? For real help me not believe this too. I haven't read the entire thing or anything, but, Article 16, holy shit!

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/f ... ion_14.pdf
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:38 am As for the alleged mass graves and torture chambers, that's way scary, and sound like the stuff of war crimes. If so, I hope the perpetrators may some way be held accountable. That goes for every war crime everywhere. And, once again, I cannot stress this enough: the answer to the problem of war crimes is not more war.

as for which side the nazis are on...let's discuss what appears to be a PDF in English of the Ukrainian constitution on what appears to be the United States Department of Justice website. Will somebody please tell me this is fake news? This has to be Russian propaganda, right? For real help me not believe this too. I haven't read the entire thing or anything, but, Article 16, holy shit!

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/f ... ion_14.pdf
You have a problem with them stating that they have to deal with the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster in a manner that will not kill their citizens?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

to say the very least, I just thought that last clause could have been phrased in a way better than "saving of gene pool of the Ukrainian people is the duty of the state."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:00 am to say the very least, I just thought that last clause could have been phrased in a way better than "saving of gene pool of the Ukrainian people is the duty of the state."
Nuclear radiation tends to have a negative effect on the genetics of the citizens exposed to it. One extra google search could have saved you from thinking it was some sort of ethnic purity nazi type stuff.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:22 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:00 am to say the very least, I just thought that last clause could have been phrased in a way better than "saving of gene pool of the Ukrainian people is the duty of the state."
Nuclear radiation tends to have a negative effect on the genetics of the citizens exposed to it. One extra google search could have saved you from thinking it was some sort of ethnic purity nazi type stuff.
No clue what his end game is with this several month anti Ukrainian meltdown.

He sees memes or reddit posts and regurgitates without any critical thinking or fact checking.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

anti-war, yes. And anti-nazi, absolutely.

where have I been anti-Ukrainian?

Do you mean to describe Ukraine as a bunch of warmongering nazis?
Deleted User 863

Enjoy guys!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

actually, that may provide some context as to why a clause like that would be added to an article about nuclear disasters.

But still, at the very very absolute least, they could have phrased it better.

Does any other country have "gene pool" kinda language in their constitution?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:43 am Enjoy guys!
asking again.

where did I say I was anti-Ukrainian?

you sure you aren't just making shit up again, like all those times you accused me of using the N word?

Cuz I'm still waiting for you to respond to that one too.
Deleted User 863

You've said enough casually racist and misogynistic things over the years on the various boards (2 of which don't exist anymore).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:43 am
actually, that may provide some context as to why a clause like that would be added to an article about nuclear disasters.

But still, at the very very absolute least, they could have phrased it better.

Does any other country have "gene pool" kinda language in their constitution?
My guess is that it was written in their language and then translated into English and the translation leaves a little to be desired here and there. Or they are Eastern European and just speak differently than us. Either way, I doubt their concern when they wrote it was "but what if some random social media crusaders see this? It might lead them to jump to different conclusions".

Much to do about nothing.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:02 am
Much to do about nothing.
As per usual.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'd personally prefer we be very cautious about any form of ethno-fascism rather than come up with reasons to downplay it, but yea, maybe there's something lost in translation or something.