Nba draft/offseason

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Nba draft/offseason

Post by pdub »

Ime Udoka in trouble for a consensual relationship at work - a member of his staff.
I get it - it's policy - but some work relationships do sometimes become long term deals.
( how i met my BUD )

That said, dunno the details, sounds like Udoka is engaged to another woman, so it could be messy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

remember the workplace hookups thread?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Just curious. How do you guys feel about udoka getting a FULL YEAR suspension for this?

Unless I'm missing something he had an affair with a woman that works within the organization
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think he would have probably been fired if he wasn't currently performing well at his job.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That said, boring story otherwise.

I can't believe this is getting feature story treatment on espn and absolutely no one is talking about fucking Brett Favre.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If everyone got fired every time they fucked a coworker, there wouldn't be a single company with enough employees left to function
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

You and I know that's not really true but I get your point.

Unless it is specifically stated in his contract that he can't "date" a Celtics employee, then I have to figure there is no legal way he can get fired, let alone suspended for a year if it was consensual.
It seems they do have a "no dating" policy - obviously I don't know for sure.
I feel "no dating" policies are asinine - even though I do fully understand some of the reasons they exist.

Seems a big problem is allegedly she claims he made "unwanted comments toward her." Gee, was that before, during, or after their "consensual" relationship?

"Some members of the Celtics organization first became aware of the relationship in July, sources said. At that time, team leadership was led to believe by both parties that the relationship was consensual. But sources said that the woman recently accused Udoka of making unwanted comments toward her - leading the team to launch a set of internal interviews.

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/bos ... ents-espn/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:40 am If everyone got fired every time they fucked a coworker, there wouldn't be a single company with enough employees left to function
I’m going to regret engaging with a middle of the night randy post, but this comes off as just so hilariously ignorant.

1. Like gutter said, not even remotely true. I’d wager a great majority of workers go to their jobs to make money and then go home to their lives they actually care about.

2. You don’t think people get fired for having sex with other employees??? This is an at-will employment country with millions of very small to small businesses with people pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff. Not to mention the millions of companies that have no romantic relationship policies that they enforce.

I am completely indifferent to the Boston Celtics—I would think you would have to be pretty heavily invested to give a single shit as to how they run their company.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:03 amUnless it is specifically stated in his contract that he can't "date" a Celtics employee, then I have to figure there is no legal way he can get fired, let alone suspended for a year if it was consensual.
Most likely a catch-all saying he has to abide by all company policies.

And, yeah, could be the tip of the iceberg. The chances of this ending up in a lawsuit against both the Celtics and Udoka is north of 0%.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:03 am You and I know that's not really true but I get your point.

Unless it is specifically stated in his contract that he can't "date" a Celtics employee, then I have to figure there is no legal way he can get fired, let alone suspended for a year if it was consensual.
I feel "no dating" policies are asinine - even though I do fully understand some of the reasons they exist.

Seems a big problem is allegedly she claims he made "unwanted comments toward her." Gee, was that before, during, or after their "consensual" relationship?

"Some members of the Celtics organization first became aware of the relationship in July, sources said. At that time, team leadership was led to believe by both parties that the relationship was consensual. But sources said that the woman recently accused Udoka of making unwanted comments toward her - leading the team to launch a set of internal interviews.

We have a policy that you cannot date someone in your direct report line (managers cannot date employees, employees cannot date managers, etc...) but allow people who aren't in a manager-employee position to date. It would be silly to have a policy stating that no one who works for the Boston Celtics can date anyone else who works for the Boston Celtics in any capacity. There's just too many people in an organization like that for that to be realistic.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:42 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:03 am You and I know that's not really true but I get your point.

We have a policy that you cannot date someone in your direct report line (managers cannot date employees, employees cannot date managers, etc...) but allow people who aren't in a manager-employee position to date. It would be silly to have a policy stating that no one who works for the Boston Celtics can date anyone else who works for the Boston Celtics in any capacity. There's just too many people in an organization like that for that to be realistic.
I think it's pretty clear that it's the power dynamic that is the issue here, right?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

That is not clear to randy
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:12 am

I think it's pretty clear that it's the power dynamic that is the issue here, right?
It seems the most sensible explanation. These things are rarely super complicated.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:59 am
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:12 am

It seems the most sensible explanation. These things are rarely super complicated.
The length of the suspension makes me wonder. A confidential settlement already being in place also makes a lot of sense. Although, it is a pessimistic view.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

more information on the udoka situation is slowly leaking. what first was talked about as a consensual fling is now starting to be described as him having some "harassy" type behavior towards this woman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

has it been revealed what this womans position within the organization actually was? or who she is
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:37 am
randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:40 am If everyone got fired every time they fucked a coworker, there wouldn't be a single company with enough employees left to function
I’m going to regret engaging with a middle of the night randy post, but this comes off as just so hilariously ignorant.

1. Like gutter said, not even remotely true. I’d wager a great majority of workers go to their jobs to make money and then go home to their lives they actually care about.

2. You don’t think people get fired for having sex with other employees??? This is an at-will employment country with millions of very small to small businesses with people pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff. Not to mention the millions of companies that have no romantic relationship policies that they enforce.

I am completely indifferent to the Boston Celtics—I would think you would have to be pretty heavily invested to give a single shit as to how they run their company.
never regret it cnb. I'm just saying most companies have fraternizing that goes on within the company. humans are sexual creatures and like it or not most people spend more time around their coworkers than anybody
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Glad to randy is good and drunk early on a Friday.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:09 pm Glad to randy is good and drunk early on a Friday.
Some of you never tagged a hot coworker and it shows
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“Tagged”.