an even more frightening perspective

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: an even more frightening perspective

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:52 pm Where do I send the rent check?
I'll save this. It'll be useful in the future. Frequently.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:53 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:52 pm Where do I send the rent check?
I'll save this. It'll be useful in the future. Frequently.
Your lack of original thoughts is showing again
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Sick burn!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

maybe this should go in the embarrassed billionaire thread, but Yvon Chouinard doin big things (though, not all that new for him)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:14 pm maybe this should go in the embarrassed billionaire thread, but Yvon Chouinard doin big things (though, not all that new for him)
My personal hero
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:44 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:14 pm maybe this should go in the embarrassed billionaire thread, but Yvon Chouinard doin big things (though, not all that new for him)
My personal hero
should be Ousie’s too

“Hopefully this will influence a new form of capitalism that doesn’t end up with a few rich people and a bunch of poor people,” Chouinard, 83, told the Times. “We are going to give away the maximum amount of money to people who are actively working on saving this planet.”

In a sea of corporate greenwashing, Patagonia has long been an outlier. When Chouinard started the company almost 50 years ago, he and his wife were among the first to use organic cotton and provide on-site child care to employees. Per the Times, the company has used its sales to support environmental activists for decades and famously sued the Trump administration in 2018 to protect two national monuments in Utah. Chouinard’s decision to give away Patagonia was partly motivated by his inclusion on the Forbes billionaires list, a moniker that, he told the Times, “really, really pissed me off,” adding, “I don’t have $1 billion in the bank … I don’t drive Lexuses.” (He still reportedly drives Subarus.) Chouinard thought about leaving the company to his children, but they apparently don’t like the billionaire moniker either: “It was important to them that they were not seen as the financial beneficiaries,” Ryan Gellert, Patagonia’s chief executive, told the Times. “They really embody this notion that every billionaire is a policy failure.” (Maybe someone call the Kardashians?)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if it's "a new form of capitalism that doesn’t end up with a few rich people and a bunch of poor people,” then how is that even capitalism any more?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:07 pm if it's "a new form of capitalism that doesn’t end up with a few rich people and a bunch of poor people,” then how is that even capitalism any more?
https://www.patagonia.com/ownership/?ut ... _new_owner
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Interesting article with more details on the water issues in Jackson, MS.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/j ... cna1259819

The systemic impacts of racism may never cease to be felt in a community like that. I am glad I was not born to parents who happened to live somewhere where this was not only the norm, but the law. I would have fled at the first opportunity.

Read the above article and then go read the article about Brett Favre's latest scheme join a different group of wealthy white southerners and rip off state funds meant to serve mostly poor black communities.

But some still do not believe in systemic racism...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“They got money for war, but can’t feed the poor”

- Qupac Shakur
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If Pac wouldve lived he would've been an amazing uniter of people. I believe he would've led with action and not just words.

I dont think the government killed him.....but I do think the government was wary of his potential as a revolutionary leader.

If he would've grown old enough to edge away from the thuglife street game (which, weren't necessarily his thing either, at least initially)....I think he would've had a huge impact...in some shape or form. He was a very intelligent and well read young man.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:13 pm If Pac wouldve lived he would've been an amazing uniter of people. I believe he would've led with action and not just words.

I dont think the government killed him.....but I do think the government was wary of his potential as a revolutionary leader.

If he would've grown old enough to edge away from the thuglife street game (which, weren't necessarily his thing either, at least initially)....I think he would've had a huge impact...in some shape or form. He was a very intelligent and well read young man.
There is nothing shadier than the US government. They for sure killed him
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

lol, I didn’t think it could dumber than tdubs take. Thanks randy.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Tupac didnt have influence or revolutionary ideas?

ok...
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

sometimes all you see is the name of the poster...then you immediately say they're dumb and take the other side.....even if it makes you look like even more of a douchebag than normal. Its a fun game.

The sky is blue......ready.....go!
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:14 pm sometimes all you see is the name of the poster...then you immediately say they're dumb and take the other side.....even if it makes you look like even more of a douchebag than normal. Its a fun game.

the sky is yellow and the sun is blue!
the wind's in the willows playing tea for two!
She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes!
There ain't nothing wrong with the way she moves!

for real though, I think we can all be prone to taking the "other side" when it comes to poster dynamics.

I wish we could all get along. Not that this place ever wasn't a dumpster fire, but it would just be more fun without so much beef

unless it's in the QT thread
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:15 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:14 pm sometimes all you see is the name of the poster...then you immediately say they're dumb and take the other side.....even if it makes you look like even more of a douchebag than normal. Its a fun game.

the sky is yellow and the sun is blue!
the wind's in the willows playing tea for two!
She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes!
There ain't nothing wrong with the way she moves!
Uhm, I don't think that's right.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh come on 99.

I ain't always right, but I've never been wrong.