Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:19 am The Bills are terrifying.
If the Raiders can get that much pressure on us, what will Von Miller and Ed Oliver do?
Yeah, I don't think that game is going to go to the Chiefs. The Bills just look like the better team right now. We'll see, that's why they play them.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Certainly not denying how good the Bills are but it would be hard to pick against the Chiefs when they play like they did against the Bucs. Now they play like they did against the Raiders the Bills might win by two scores.
Holidaysmore - 2005
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Don't understand why the hell the Raiders went for 2 in that situation.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Analytics support it there.
Also, you're thinking, you haven't been able to stop the Chiefs in the second half, so you're worried they will control the clock ( didn't work out like this b/c CEH couldn't break a tackle ), but they have a shitty backup kicker, so if you can just hold them to a kick, you'd have a decent shot to win it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

LA going for two was stupid in every way possible, even analytically, since KC was going to get another possession at that point. Kick the extra point and a tie game changes the dynamic on 4th Down for the Chiefs, probably punting in most scenarios. In O/T KC could play for a FG, but the kicker was demonstrably struggling, alternately pushing the ball right or pulling it left. The Raiders had a substantial advantage on their kicker alone.

Make the two-point conversion, then you get the desperado Mahomes inevitably trying everything to score and win. 4th down attempts, runs from the pocket, flips all over the field. That was a terrible idea. The best thing to do was lull KC into complacency and get another shot with a tie game. But the Raiders play poker with all cards showing.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Don’t you think that “13 Seconds” teaches every team to heavily consider going for the win against KC during the regular season?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

DrPepper wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:39 pm Don’t you think that “13 Seconds” teaches every team to heavily consider going for the win against KC during the regular season?
Yep.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

StayCurious wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:18 pm Don't understand why the hell the Raiders went for 2 in that situation.
Because they were 1-3 and the new coach was trying to show his team he had faith in them to deliver. If Jacobs makes it six more inches forward before that knee touches down and he's a "ballsy genius". Maybe Jacobs was just worn out from gashing the shitty Chiefs run defense all day.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The cost of running the ball so much is reduced offensive opportunity. Jacobs running stalled the offense as much as anything. It is the Tennessee Titan paradigm. As I said above, KC would have opened the playbook and gone 4th Down ready if they fell behind. The dynamic changed tied or ahead. There was no reason to risk a two point try there. As for 13 seconds, it is best to not force the Chief's hands.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:27 pm The cost of running the ball so much is reduced offensive opportunity. Jacobs running stalled the offense as much as anything. It is the Tennessee Titan paradigm. As I said above, KC would have opened the playbook and gone 4th Down ready if they fell behind. The dynamic changed tied or ahead. There was no reason to risk a two point try there. As for 13 seconds, it is best to not force the Chief's hands.
Was it really? Let's check.

Raider drives:
3 and out thanks to a chop block penalty

Touchdown

Touchdown

Field Goal (2 rushes by Jacobs for 34 yards, 3 passes by Carr were a short incompletion, a 2 yard completion and a 7 yard pass on 3rd & 8) Sounds like Carr was the problem with that drive stalling out.

Field Goal (this is the only Raider drive you could remotely chalk up to "Jacobs stalling out a drive" as the 3 plays after the infamous roughing call vs Jones were a Jacobs run for 3, an incomplete pass by Carr and a Jacobs run for 5 on 3rd and 7 that since it came up short left the Raiders kicking another FG)

3 and out thanks to LV penalties for offensive pass interference, delay of game and intentional grounding

Field Goal (drive ended with a Carr sack for -11 yards on 1st & 10, a 4 yard dump off by Carr on 2nd & 21 and a Carr incompletion on 3rd and 17)

Touchdown

Loss of downs after two Raiders Raider'd right into each other
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Only the Bills are averaging more than 30 points a game.
The Raiders scored 29 at Arrowhead.
The offense wasn't the issue here.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What got the raiders points was the passing game. That was my point. The Chiefs tried to take that away and it left some slop for Jacobs. They scored 9 second half points "running wild." The Chiefs scored 20.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Six of the last seven games between the Bills and Chiefs have been at Arrowhead Stadium. There are legit reasons for that, but still a cool stat. The game in Buffalo did not have any fans.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Same kind of thing for Chiefs/Tom Brady. Tom Brady has played in Arrowhead like 4 times since he started in 2000. He's 2-2 in those 4 games, one of those being the AFC Championship Game, despite being in the same conference for most of those years. The NFL scheduling is odd.

I would love for the Chiefs to play in Buffalo with their fanbase. I think it would be absolute blast to watch. And frankly, I think that's when Mahomes is close to his best, in those scenarios.

I won't be surprised if the Chiefs lose, but the Bills shot their wad with this game last year and then they stumbled immediately after, going 3-5 in the next 8 games which is why they became a 3 seed.

Keep in mind last year, Hill dropped multiple passes, one of those leading to a short field and an easy TD for Buffalo.

Should be a great game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:53 pm Six of the last seven games between the Bills and Chiefs have been at Arrowhead Stadium. There are legit reasons for that, but still a cool stat. The game in Buffalo did not have any fans.
Get out of here with that avatar!!! 😀
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:29 pm
DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:53 pm Six of the last seven games between the Bills and Chiefs have been at Arrowhead Stadium. There are legit reasons for that, but still a cool stat. The game in Buffalo did not have any fans.
Get out of here with that avatar!!! 😀
Thanks for noticing. Last year, when both teams were good, I finally had to decide which team would be my #1 and I chose the Bills.
It is great to get to enjoy two great teams with entertaining offenses. The defensive edge goes to the Bills this week. But individual plays decide the game (or possibly a coin toss if it is overtime (I jest)). A game this week in Buffalo would have been perfect as it is near peak fall colors for the trees and no threat of lake-effect snow yet.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fenton out. Cook out. Gay out. McDuffie out.

Mahomes and co will have to score close to 40 to win.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The NFL sure did a number on KC with the Jones penalties and Gay's suspension.