Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Last night....

Embiid 15 points, 12 rebounds, 36 minutes.
Marcus Mo 14 points, 4 rebounds, 23 minutes.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CB collecting stats in the first quarter of Nuggets vs. Warriors.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Last night......

CB 23 min, 4 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl
Och DNP CD
Wiggins 37 min, 23 pts, 8 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl
Kieff 19 min, 3 pts, 4 reb
Svi 2 min, 3 pts, 2 reb
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Example #281673 why some/many Philly fans (and some in the media?) suck.

https://sports.yahoo.com/is-joel-embiid ... 24142.html
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the Phillies are still playing.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Right.
I had cereal for breakfast.
And?

Christian Braun is a stud.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

6ers fans probably didn't boo Joel last night but they couldn't be happy with his team's performance.
Now 0-3. TTP!

Last night.....
Embiid 36 min, 40 pts, 13 reb.
Braun 16 min, 9 pts, 1 stl, 1 blk
MCMo 21 min, 9 pts, 5 reb
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Yesterday.....

Oubs 33 min, 24 pts, 10 reb
Och DNP CD
Graham 15 min, 3 pts, 2 ast
Wiggs 32 min, 24 pts, 5 reb, 3 stl
MCMo 31 min, 22 pts, 5 reb
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So weird that Utah felt the need to trade for Agbaji and then is never going to play him. Very frustrating as their roster looks like they don't need him at all.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

as long as they keep getting wins, i doubt that changes
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We're 3 games in. Not uncommon at all to ease even 1st round picks into playing time. Plus Ainge has said that he is an important part of their rebuild.

If he's still not playing several weeks after the trade deadline, then I'll start to wonder.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:55 am So weird that Utah felt the need to trade for Agbaji and then is never going to play him. Very frustrating as their roster looks like they don't need him at all.
It's the first week of the season.

And tbh the move was more about moving on from Mitchell (and Gobert) and less about acquiring Och specifically. He's a nice young piece for them as they build to the future. He was an additional piece to the trade, but certainly not the center piece or main motivating factor for Utah.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:02 pm We're 3 games in. Not uncommon at all to ease even 1st round picks into playing time. Plus Ainge has said that he is an important part of their rebuild.

If he's still not playing several weeks after the trade deadline, then I'll start to wonder.
Utah just seems to have a gluttonous amount of depth at the SG/SF position with Clarkson, Sexton, Beasley, Markkanen, Horton-Tucker and then Agbaji. I guess I am just bummed to see yet another Jayhawk drafted by a team only to find himself with no clear path to minutes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:21 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:02 pm We're 3 games in. Not uncommon at all to ease even 1st round picks into playing time. Plus Ainge has said that he is an important part of their rebuild.

Utah just seems to have a gluttonous amount of depth at the SG/SF position with Clarkson, Sexton, Beasley, Markkanen, Horton-Tucker and then Agbaji. I guess I am just bummed to see yet another Jayhawk drafted by a team only to find himself with no clear path to minutes.
I think you’re off on some of those positions, and again think it’s way early.

That said, Och was one of the more nba ready guys in the first round, so depth could be an issue here, but believe he’ll be playing in no time.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:42 pm

I think you’re off on some of those positions, and again think it’s way early.

That said, Och was one of the more nba ready guys in the first round, so depth could be an issue here, but believe he’ll be playing in no time.
Just going off of this:

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/n ... /utah-jazz

Hopefully you're right and Agbaji is able to get some run soon enough.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Clarkson is a 1/2.
Sexton is a 1/2.

Markannen is a 3/4. I'd consider him more of a 4. But for this Utah team he is playing a lot of 3.

Malik Beasley and Och (in theory) can play together alongside Conley or Clarkson or Sexton. But Och could also eventually beat him out for minutes.

A basketball team always has 5 players on the court. Not sure what some of the guys you listed have to do with Och, and not sure I would consider Utah as having "gluttonous depth". They are a surprise 3-0 to start the season though!

If Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Talen Horton-Tucker and Rudy Gay are all playing ahead of Och in a month then I will wonder if it's a bad fit or if he isn't as good as them yet.

My guess is he will be consuming Rudy Gay's 18ish minutes indirectly very soon.

And he's a better prospect than NAW or THT. Beasley is a nice veteran piece. But that's only a short term obstacle imo. Och has time to grow.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:55 am So weird that Utah felt the need to trade for Agbaji and then is never going to play him. Very frustrating as their roster looks like they don't need him at all.
Utah didn't give a shit about agbaji in that trade. They were just trying to max out the return they could get for Mitchell. In a trade they won in my opinion. They got sexton and markannen, 2 already proven solid players, plus future draft picks. Ochai was just an extra asset. But definitely nothing that trade was built around