Ugh.
twocoach

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:59 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:39 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:09 pm

Her body. Her choice.
This has nothing to do with any judgement over the woman's decision to get an abortion and everything to do with the hypocrisy of Walker's political stances compared to his personal behavior. I don't understand based on what has been posted why you cannot figure that out.
I don't understand why you can't figure out that it wasn't his choice for her to get an abortion.

Also, who gives a fuck. What a shitty thing to put whoever this woman is through. A total public shit show of poltically motivated bullshit. I feel awful for her. That isn't usually an easy choice for a woman to make, and now she is having to relive it.
"it wasn't his choice".... Oh, OK. If you say so...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pro-life- ... gia-senate

"A woman who asked not to be identified out of privacy concerns told The Daily Beast that after she and Walker conceived a child while they were dating in 2009 he urged her to get an abortion. The woman said she had the procedure and that Walker reimbursed her for it.

She supported these claims with a $575 receipt from the abortion clinic, a “get well” card from Walker, and a bank deposit receipt that included an image of a signed $700 personal check from Walker.

The woman said there was a $125 difference because she “ball-parked” the cost of an abortion after Googling the procedure and added on expenses such as travel and recovery costs.

Additionally, The Daily Beast independently corroborated details of the woman’s claims with a close friend she told at the time and who, according to the woman and the friend, took care of her in the days after the procedure.
The woman said Walker, who was not married at the time, told her it would be more convenient to terminate the pregnancy, saying it was “not the right time” for him to have a child. It was a feeling she shared, but what she didn’t know was that Walker had an out-of-wedlock child with another woman earlier that same year."

A) no one is putting this woman through anything. She agreed to be interviewed, volunteered the information and supporting evidence, and likely brought her situation to the attention of reporters in the first place.

B) The only person making a political shit show of this is Walker. He clearly doesn't have a personal problem with abortion. So that means his stance on abortion is 100% for political reasons. On a broader scale, the Democratic platform stance on abortion is an effort to remove politics from the personal decision of abortion while the GOP stance on it is 100% political bullshit.
Last edited by twocoach on Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Hershel Walker is a fucking idiot.

Which makes him the perfect GOP candidate
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

A philandering weirdo vs. a pastor and it's the pastor who is the Democrat. Georgia is fucking crazy.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Apes……
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

"That's not true". "Oklahomans do you believe we have higher crime than New York or California? That's what she just said".
Well, she said violent crime rate/s but she happens to be 100% correct with her statement. I'll let you do you own research if you don't believe it.
By the way, that's Kevin Stitt. The current obviously clueless Governor of the state of Oklahoma.

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Hmmmm.

Here is the article he's referring to.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 470350002/
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

The cunt opens her mouth and more shit comes out.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I’m more concerned my grandbabies will stub their toe.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Duly noted.
As MTG said, it's ONLY 1400 kids. Who gives a f*ck? Right?
I'm more concerned (for your sake) your granddaughter gets knocked up by a Black guy or a Jew when she's 13 and your family has to take her to Mexico to get an abortion because she's having complications.
Sorry, I'm just sharing my concern.

Back the the Republicans and their "soul".......
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I don’t live in your garbage dumpster.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:21 am I don’t live in your garbage dumpster.
What does where I live (in a "garbage dumpster" according to you) have anything to do with what I posted? We both live in the USA. Right?
Do you think 13 year old girls only get impregnated in my "garbage dumpster" (Chicago?) and that if Pubs have their way abortion won't be banned in the state your granddaughter lives in?

Let me try and live in your world for a moment. The one where you and many Pubs are probably secretly hoping that if the Pubs get their way the town you live in will eventually be renamed White Supremacist Haven Michigan - where if any Blacks or Jews step foot in town you will have your arsenal of assault weapons so you can legally kill the Blacks and Jews before they get their hands anywhere near your granddaughter.
God bless Pub America in the late 2020s and early 2030s!
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

The title of this thread presumes that the Republican Party had a soul, at some point. I’ve been following politics for at least the past 40 years and I can’t remember the last time the Republicans did something that revealed that they had a soul. Can anyone recall the last time any Republican did anything which disabused this notion?

The Emancipation Proclamation?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Albright is such an intelligent, fascinating person in our nation's history. I think that would be an interesting read for sure.