No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

seems like there’s a whole lot at stake in Brazil’s presidential election

the fate of the Brazilian Amazon (and it’s multitudes of inhabitants) may very well rest in the outcome
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I have been listening to Rachel Maddow’s Ultra podcast. Regardless of your opinion of her, one should certainly check it out. It’s about the fascists infiltration of US groups during the run up to WWII, much of it through direct involvement of the Nazis.

Add “immigrants” to Jews, and substitute Putin for Hitler, it could describe the last 7-8 years!!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

id rather stab my ear drums with sewing needles than listen to Rachel Maddow. Shes like the mattress guy but on the other end.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

She's unabashedly liberal, but to say she's anything like the pillow guy is unfair. She's not making stuff up while attempting to overthrow the government. All of her takes, while left leaning, are at least rooting in fact. I do like to listen to her, she make some compelling arguments and she tells a great story.
Broham
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:41 pm All of her takes, while left leaning, are at least rooting in fact.
ALL of them?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:41 pm All of her takes, while left leaning, are at least rooting in opinion.
fixed your post.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Cool mich, can you do one that makes sense now?
Broham
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

ok.

laura ingraham is to fox what rachel maddow is to msnbc
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

How many times has Rachel issued corrections to facts she got wrong? How about the others?

I work in a highly-regulated industry and the first thing an inspector looks at is how many “deviations” (industry term for actions which didn’t go according to plan) there were and how they were handled. Having no deviations is a huge flag!!

Btw, Ultra is about events that happened in the 1939-1941 timeframe.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'll admit, I've watched more Ingraham than Maddow. (remember the Fox and Friends thread?!)

I'll also admit, I was alarmed by the fearmongering and boogeymanning and divisive rhetoric spewed by Ingraham. IIRC, last time I watched it was a bunch of trans/homophobic shit about how Merica's being destroyed by the queers.

What's Maddow's shtick? Something about evil rich people or something? And how does it equate to Ingraham's shtick? Now I might have to tune in!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh, and speaking of that 1939-1941 timeline, Qusdahl always points out how the nazis' initial acts of oppression were first levied upon the LGBTQ+ communities. It was a litmus test of sorts to see how much oppression the general public was willing to put up with, and an exercise in conditioning the public to get used to more oppression yet.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Check out Ken Burns documentary about the US and the Holocaust on PBS. Three episodes and it's very well done. He points out in the 1st episode that hitler got his ideas of expansion from the expansion of the US in the 19th century. He got his ideas about subjugating the Jews from the US Jim Crow laws.
Broham
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I think that's overemphasized. Most if not all of eastern Europe at the time had Crow-like restrictions of Jews. That's why Zionism became so popular at that time - before the Holocaust. If Hitler had stopped at those levels of persecution he probably wouldn't be considered the most evil person in history.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Moving right along…

45 years to the day

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

30 people....out of 3 million? what's your point
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:30 pm 30 people....out of 3 million? what's your point
He doesn't know what his point is, but he's sure that Twitter account with a whopping 52 followers has a good one.

52 followers.

He constantly shares random posts of accounts with hardly any followers. His social media algorithm feeds him these accounts.

It's sad. I hesitate to use the word radicalized (yet), but it's becoming borderline.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

his point is somewhere along the lines of "look, we occupied Puerto Rico against the peoples will....but we villify Russia and supporting arm Ukraine....look at us hypocrites...its the same!" Which, of course is out of touch with reality.

or thats my guess since he hasnt answered.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if I really must identify a point, it's something about the whole imperial colonialism thing.

and/or the fact the US - and its territories! - have plenty of issues we could should would address domestically, if we weren't too busy otherwise playing world police and such.

Puerto Rico has plenty of problems still today. I wonder what kinda shape Puerto Rico would be in if we threw resources at them as quickly as we have for Ukraine.

And, maybe, just wondering out loud here - what IS best for Puerto Rico? Should they continue course as some territory, with things like their power grid controlled by some private company outta Texas? Should they be made a state? Should they be granted independence? I dunno.

Should the people of Puerto Rico be able to decide the fate of Puerto Rico? Cuz at least the whole statehood thing would ultimately be decided not by the Puerto Rican people, but by Congress. I dunno how that all fits with the whole "freedom and democracy" thing, either.