Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by TDub »

so yea...I wasn't wrong.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ok.

well then, could you please explain how it's out of touch with reality to view US policy as hypocritical?

Do you mean to suggest the more realistic view is to regard US policy as something other than hypocritical?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i think i read somewhere. that outside of puerto rico, puerto ricans and russian bots. mostly no one gives hardly any thought to puerto rico hardly ever at all. except those looking for a cheap week at a cheap all inclusive.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Puerto Rico is an amazing place
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I've been there and have friends there. Overlander is right, it is an amazing place. Some of us care about things outside of our own back yards.
Broham
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

that is not germane to the subject.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You not caring about anything seems germane to the subject.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:51 pm ok.

well then, could you please explain how it's out of touch with reality to view US policy as hypocritical?

Do you mean to suggest the more realistic view is to regard US policy as something other than hypocritical?
youre attempting to force a comparison between 30 people in 1977 and Russia rolling tanks in to Ukrainian territory and bombing apartments in 2022.

that is way out of touch with reality.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Where’d I say anything about Russian tanks? Or bombing apartments?

Speaking of out of touch with reality…
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

" I wonder what kinda shape Puerto Rico would be in if we threw resources at them as quickly as we have for Ukraine."

you're trying to shoehorn these two issues together where they dont fit. 30 people in 1977....We are giving aid to Ukraine because they are being invaded by Russia (in case you missed that part).

Either youre trying to make some sort of ridiculous comparison between the two issues.....Or, Illy is right and you have no idea what the point actually is but it looked anti establishment and cool on tweeter so you jumped on it.... I dont know which
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooo nothing about Russian tanks nor apartment bombings, then?

either you're trying to make some sort of ridiculous comparison between the two issues....or you have no idea what the point actually is but decided to put words in my mouth for the sake of arguing with the boogeyman in your head.

hint: my point is exactly what I said my point is, and is not whatever that wild imagination of yours came up with about tanks and apartments

oh, and just a friendly heads up bro - not sure you're gonna get far with anything around here when the basis of your argument is, "Illy is right...."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Who brought up Ukraine? Me? Nah.

and yea you're right, you're killing it with you're statements and rants. Join the debate team, you're a pro. I think you've got everyone believing now.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

How do you even come across a tweet from a person with 52 followers?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:36 pm sooo nothing about Russian tanks nor apartment bombings, then?

either you're trying to make some sort of ridiculous comparison between the two issues....or you have no idea what the point actually is but decided to put words in my mouth for the sake of arguing with the boogeyman in your head.

hint: my point is exactly what I said my point is, and is not whatever that wild imagination of yours came up with about tanks and apartments

oh, and just a friendly heads up bro - not sure you're gonna get far with anything around here when the basis of your argument is, "Illy is right...."
You are calling US foreign policy "hypocritical" because the policies in 2022 are opposite of an action taken in the 1970s.

You throw serious things around casually and get bent out of shape when people call them out as ridiculous and then don't listen to the explanation of why they are ridiculous.

Stop reading your Twitter feed thinking "which kcrim thread could I throw this into?"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sigh.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

when everyone you meet is an asshole....
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:52 amsigh.
My reaction to a lot of your posts like this. There are plenty of things to call out the US for; having a 2022 foreign policy that is inconsistent with 1970s actions is not one of them.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The US is far far from perfect and can be chastised for any number of hypocritical stances and actions. None of that is really relevant as a rebuttal to the current and ongoing invasion and civilian targeting in Ukraine.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

you keep bringing up civilian targeting, when I keep trying to explain that wasn't my point here.

like I've said all along, for this discussion I only mention Ukraine in the context of wishing we'd spend on infrastructure for Puerto Rico as quickly as we spend on weapons for the proxy war. If it helps, take Ukraine out of that, and instead use Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Syria, or anywhere else we like to warmonger.

It's a comment more than anything on our own imperialism.