Facebook, Google, et al

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by randylahey »

Selective outrage. Lol. If there is one phrase that accurately describes america in the 2020s its selective outrage
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

StayCurious wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:44 pm
Selective outrage. The "bad guys" can't use it, but use good guys can.
I guess it’s all in the eyes of the beholder. “My Body My Choice” for example - rules about where and when someone can smoke, rules about protecting others from infection, rules about decisions a woman and her physician make about her health
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

I'm at least consistent with "my body my choice". A woman has a right to choose if they want an abortion, and they have a right to decide what goes into their body. Some republicans are clueless about the abortion right, while the left is clueless about the right to choose natural immunity.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

even socks?

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so much for being a “free speech absolutist”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Elon would be a pretty bad mod.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Trying to stop the spread of fake/misleading news is a good thing.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'm an adult. i listen. i process. i decide.

i just assume everything is fake news. i call it the oushdale rule.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:07 am Trying to stop the spread of fake/misleading news is a good thing.
So, do we expect EVERY election denier to be booted off the platform? Or not be allowed back on?

Elon is the dog that caught the car. It was all fine and dandy when the gate was closed and the dog was making a ruckus. Once the gate opened………
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

George soros and Hillary Clinton are trying to build a boycott of Twitter. Reaching out to businesses to boycott advertising money going to Twitter. Perfect evidence that Twitter might actually be built on fairness moving forward, and not complete liberal bias. Ohh the outrage
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:19 am George soros and Hillary Clinton are trying to build a boycott of Twitter. Reaching out to businesses to boycott advertising money going to Twitter. Perfect evidence that Twitter might actually be built on fairness moving forward, and not complete liberal bias. Ohh the outrage
no, they aren’t

multitudes of celebrities beat them to the punch

keep spewing lies though

edit: and now musk telling his followers to vote gop…lol

fairness and no bias going forward, i’m sure
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:19 am George soros and Hillary Clinton
LMAO
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:49 am
randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:19 am George soros and Hillary Clinton are trying to build a boycott of Twitter. Reaching out to businesses to boycott advertising money going to Twitter. Perfect evidence that Twitter might actually be built on fairness moving forward, and not complete liberal bias. Ohh the outrage
no, they aren’t

keep spewing lies though
Its been in the works since back in May when musk first considered buying Twitter. They can't afford to have a main stream social media company that isn't compromised by the liberal agenda.

Musks only purpose with Twitter is to build a platform on fairness and protecting free speech. The fact that such a concept is so threatening to democrats should be alarming to everyone and open a lot of eyes
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:57 am
no, they aren’t

keep spewing lies though
Its been in the works since back in May when musk first considered buying Twitter. They can't afford to have a main stream social media company that isn't compromised by the liberal agenda.

Musks only purpose with Twitter is to build a platform on fairness and protecting free speech. The fact that such a concept is so threatening to democrats should be alarming to everyone and open a lot of eyes
JFC, you really are this dumb
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Musk voted Democrat his whole life lol. Until he finally switched recently. And he wants there to be balance between liberals and conservatives. Hes said if there is balance it will hold the worst impulses of both parties in check. #logic
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Musk also predicted the liberal panic that would unfold once he bought Twitter and began restoring free speech and a level playing field within social media platforms
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

seems to me the easy workaround is, if you don't like twitter. don't go.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:57 am
no, they aren’t

keep spewing lies though

if you say so
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

run on tin-foil, aisle 9