Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by KUTradition »

“today’s most vital minds”

:lol:

maaaaby Yellen qualifies
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm tempted to make a Zelensky joke, but after seeing what you guys did to Qusdahl in the war thread, let's just go with this one:

...so I guess this is the kind of shit CEOs do all day, huh?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Qusdahl did it all to himself
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

meh, not sure it's Qusdahl's fault that so many Merican's world views can be summed up with a Liz Cheney tweet.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you're a parody of yourself.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sarah isn't too sharp. Why does she think Israel bombed Syria? When she says "against Syria" does she comprehend it was against Syrian military? Does she think the Syrian military and government is/are "civilized"?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Do you know something Sarah doesn’t, gutman?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Why do you think Israel (if it was them, which has not been established) did this? They just enjoy randomly attacking military posts of other countries?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

anytime is a good time to bomb syria. you don’t need a reason.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:42 pm anytime is a good time to bomb syria. you don’t need a reason.
Four people died you sick fuck
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Mjl wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:07 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:42 pm anytime is a good time to bomb syria. you don’t need a reason.
Four people died you sick fuck
Haven’t you heard?
He doesnt care
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:26 pm Why do you think Israel (if it was them, which has not been established) did this? They just enjoy randomly attacking military posts of other countries?
I'll admit, I'm skeptical of everything. So when you asked why do I think Israel did this, I really started to ask myself, why DO I think Israel did this?

and I guess my answer is, I dunno.

I think there's plenty to suggest Israel is a radical militant right wing gummint. And, Israel's another one of those places Merica is gifting billions of worth of weapons to radical militant right wing types. And, as a general rule of thumb, I think giving weapons to radical militant right wing types is more likely to perpetuate and escalate radical militancy, not mitigate it. It just seems difficult to take a bunch of guns and bombs and just do humanitarian work with it.

At least with this most recent strike by Israel on Syria, I just did a google news search for "Syria Israel," and there's at least a few western sources reporting the story as such.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/israeli-airs ... 56128.html

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 022-11-19/

it looks like the source is the Syrian gummint apparently, but apparently they're at least credible enough that Reuters ran with the story.

The reason Israel is attacking Syria, according to the article, is cuz Iran is fucking around there, apparently? Or something.

But like I said, I dunno. If anyone can convince me the world isn't as brutal and militant as it seems to be, please do convince me. I'd be pleased to hear it!

And please let me express solidarity with the Jewish people. This is a concern not about them, but about a radical militant right wing gummint.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

How are they radical militant right wing?

Yes, it's related to Iran, Iran flies weapons to Syria to deliver them to Hezbollah, a terrorist organization that targets civilians. Israel has been hitting these shipments for several months, and if you consider the previous Government to be far right wing, I don't know what to tell you other than to read up before forming an opinion.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

care to offer any reading?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Mjl wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:09 pm if you consider the previous Government to be far right wing, I don't know what to tell you other than to read up before forming an opinion.
This.

My goodness.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:17 pm care to offer any reading?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesh_Atid

Also I should have said current Government, not previous, transfer of power hasn't happened yet. But I wouldn't call Likud "radical" right wing either.

The new security minister is radical right wing, but he's not popular in Israel and doesn't alone have much power.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what's the knock on Assange again...he shared gummint secrets?

but I guess what NYT is arguing is, it's some gummint official who shared the secrets, he just published them in some journalistic capacity, and to criminalize that might be a slippery slope.