We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
Deleted User 863

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Overlander wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:55 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:42 am
Overlander wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:16 am

You seriously are fucking stupid, aren’t you?
1:16 am

Bullying a stranger

Tell me, who is the dumb one again?
I am on the west coast numb nuts
Either way. Go to bed, old man.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

benghazi 2.0 cometh
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:51 am benghazi 2.0 cometh
I was talking to Mrs 99 about this last night. My theory is it will be Benghazi times Monica to the nth power. And no Democrat will refuse a subpoena. It will be like Hillary showing the 'Pubs here giant huevos again.
Broham
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:13 am
I was talking to Mrs 99 about this last night. My theory is it will be Benghazi times Monica to the nth power. And no Democrat will refuse a subpoena. It will be like Hillary showing the 'Pubs here giant huevos again.
it’s sad, and petty really

rather than actually, ya know, do their jobs and legislate, the freedom-caucus-strong-armed house is just gonna go on a retribution crusade

then, when legislative tasks don’t get done they’ll blame Biden and the dem-controlled senate for not accomplishing anything
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:07 am

rather than actually, ya know, do their jobs and legislate, the freedom-caucus-strong-armed house is just gonna go on a retribution crusade

then, when legislative tasks don’t get done they’ll blame Biden and the dem-controlled senate for not accomplishing anything
Dems have the majority in the Senate but they do not have the 60 they need for "control". To many people (not you) think that the majority means that they should be able to do whatever they want and that just isn't the case.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:50 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:07 am

Dems have the majority in the Senate but they do not have the 60 they need for "control". To many people (not you) think that the majority means that they should be able to do whatever they want and that just isn't the case.
Majority vs supermajority.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it's always the other guys fault. isn't it.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they would do great things, if only.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Judicial appointments.
That's about all that'll happen for two years.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Comer and Jordan accusing others of bad behavior. Too funny. Glad to see the Republicans, who whined about partisan witch hunts for four years, are going to take the high road and try to accomplish work for their constituents.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:21 pm
Comer and Jordan accusing others of bad behavior. Too funny. Glad to see the Republicans, who whined about partisan witch hunts for four years, are going to take the high road and try to accomplish work for their constituents.
Why do Dems expect Pubs to take the high road?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:24 pm
Why do Dems expect Pubs to take the high road?
Good point. Scum is what scum does.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

#realpriorities
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

these cracked me up:

►The Committee on the Eradication of Jewish Space Lasers, chaired by Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene.

►The Committee to Explain Why Everything We Said Was a Crisis During the Campaign Is No Longer a Crisis Now that We’re in Charge, chaired by Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan.

►The Committee to Investigate Anyone Tweeting Mean Things About Elon Musk, to be led by honorary chair and Twitter CEO Elon Musk.

►The Committee to Apologize to Great and Handsome Russian President Vladimir Putin and Immediately Take All Our Weapons Back from Evil Ukraine #WeLoveVlad, chaired by Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I confess, I couldn't help but wonder the top headline on foxnews.com right now.

You guessed it!

'Americans will be shocked': Former Hunter Biden business partner lauds GOP probe into Hunter Biden

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hunter-bi ... ns-shocked
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:44 pm
particularly since all they railed about on the campaign trail (aside from stolen elections) was inflation and gas prices, and how Biden policies were ruining the economy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ohhhhh!

guess who got invited to meet with House Republicans last night!!!!!!!!!!!!