StayCurious

Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by StayCurious »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:08 pm
That's a great point.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I can almost guarantee this is all intentional by Elon. He'll go and get all his people in, work them like crazy and then do another cycle.

I like twitter. I use it for sports and local stuff. I don't get caught up in the cesspool that can happen on there.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

StayCurious wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:02 pm
That's a great point.
It's a horrible point. Twitter is still running fine because reliability and scalability are automated thanks to things like kubernetes and the cloud (even an onprem "cloud" like Twitter's).

There's nothing comparable to that in Government.

If there's any point there it's that we should invest more money in Government technology to automate more in general.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:20 pm I can almost guarantee this is all intentional by Elon. He'll go and get all his people in, work them like crazy and then do another cycle.

I like twitter. I use it for sports and local stuff. I don't get caught up in the cesspool that can happen on there.
Hes not trimming the fat. Hes letting the fat trim itself. Its brilliant honestly
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:42 pm
StayCurious wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:02 pm
That's a great point.
It's a horrible point. Twitter is still running fine because reliability and scalability are automated thanks to things like kubernetes and the cloud (even an onprem "cloud" like Twitter's).

There's nothing comparable to that in Government.

If there's any point there it's that we should invest more money in Government technology to automate more in general.
More government more problems. The meme isn't literally. Just making fun of politicians, wasteful government spending, overtaxation. You know typical government stuff
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But mjl. For the sake of conversation. I would love to hear you explain where in our government we should invest MORE money?????
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:22 pm But mjl. For the sake of conversation. I would love to hear you explain where in our government we should invest MORE money?????
Maybe a good place to start would be investing into automation so that we can get rid of some overpaid/relatively needless government employees at various governmental agencies/offices.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If mjl was trying to say get rid of useless positions and replace them with automation then yeah sure that makes sense. Theres plenty of tax dollars already to do stuff like that. And it would pay for itself by eliminating the salaries.

But I took "invest MORE money" as additional tax dollars
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ok let’s go full Randy.

What useless positions would you want to eliminate in the government?

Do you perceive the salaries of such individual positions to be the most wasteful component of government spending?
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Let's get rid of the IRS. Completely worthless. Let's just have a simple tax code and enforce it on everyone.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

StayCurious just had a broken clock moment.

Well kinda.
There needs to be some organization to enforce and investigate the simple tax.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:28 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:22 pm But mjl. For the sake of conversation. I would love to hear you explain where in our government we should invest MORE money?????
Maybe a good place to start would be investing into automation so that we can get rid of some overpaid/relatively needless government employees at various governmental agencies/offices.
^^^
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

why hasn't Trump tweeted anything yet?

He should be going apeshit!

you think it's as simple as, he doesn't remember his password?

In the meantime, as if unbanning Trump wasn't a ridiculous enough move by Musk to try and save Twitter, maybe this one is:

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I dont think unbanning people is that ridiculous.

I am very curious what trumps first tweets are gonna look like tho lol could be an interesting ride
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Twitter is actually have record usage tho. Its doing very well. Contrary to what certain people want you to beleive
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Ad revenue has shrunk significantly.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Yes it has, but it has for all of tech. Facebook just had huge layoffs because of loss of ad revenue.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

there are some woke companies trying to boycott twitter. but doesn't matter really. there are a lot of companies in the world