Dajuan harris junior season

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: Dajuan harris junior season

Post by MICHHAWK »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:43 pm dh is my favorite current player.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

There's a clear top three players on this team, and it's Wilson, Dick, and Harris. Big gap to #4 (McCullar), then big gap to everyone else.

Juan now averaging 10 ppg. That's the over/under. Does he finish the season in double figures scoring?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:41 pm There's a clear top three players on this team, and it's Wilson, Dick, and Harris. Big gap to #4 (McCullar), then big gap to everyone else.

Juan now averaging 10 ppg. That's the over/under. Does he finish the season in double figures scoring?
yeah. i think he could. somewhere in the 9-11 range. he's never going to be hunting his shot. or be super aggressive as a scorer. but he's going to be on the floor about 35ish minutes a game or whatever. and he plays smart basketball, taking what the defense gives him. that's going to give him about 10 points per game
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I've been critical of dajuan. I hoped all offseason that he would come back a better shooter, and come back a bigger stronger faster athlete. you can tell he put in some work, but that didn't really happen. he still has a below average jumpshot. he still is a very average athlete with a thin frame.

but he stil came back VASTLY improved. he just uses his experience and strengths and has become even better at them. he is a very smart player. his defense is ridiculous. his weaknesses are still there but lets sum dajuan up like this...

dajuan is an addict. he's got a problem. hes addicted to winning. ultimately a point guard is judged on winning and dajuan is addicted to winning. he plays like to doesn't give a shit about anything else. does whatever will help his team win
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 am
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Hey mich, who's your favorite player?
Broham
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:35 am Hey mich, who's your favorite player?
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:51 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 am
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I take Illy off ignore for one post, one fucking post, and I get this. Back on ignore Illy, in future posts please realize that I am not talking to you.
Broham
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:40 am I take Illy off ignore for one post, one fucking post, and I get this. Back on ignore Illy, in future posts please realize that I am not talking to you.
🤣🤣🤣

You asked a question. I helped you find the answer.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving! 😉
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:20 am
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:40 am I take Illy off ignore for one post, one fucking post, and I get this. Back on ignore Illy, in future posts please realize that I am not talking to you.
🤣🤣🤣

You asked a question. I helped you find the answer.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving! 😉
Cunt
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

strong Thanksgiving post.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

We were fucking awful without dajuan on the floor in the 2nd half against Wisconsin. But he also had a bad turnover and a couple missed layups late in that game that could've cost us

This team needs a playmaker guard that can shoot/go get a bucket
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:16 am This team needs a playmaker guard that can shoot/go get a bucket
Gradey Dick and Jalen Wilson are as good as any top 2 options on any team in country.

Sure, it'd be nice if Ja Morant or Steph Curry was our PG, but they aren't on the roster. We don't have a better option than DH this year, and it's not particularly close.

Yes isn't as good as we hoped. Cuffe obviously isn't either. At least not yet. Bobby has bigger shooting issues than DH.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:16 am We were fucking awful without dajuan on the floor in the 2nd half against Wisconsin. But he also had a bad turnover and a couple missed layups late in that game that could've cost us

His name is Jalen Wilson.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:33 am
randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:16 am We were fucking awful without dajuan on the floor in the 2nd half against Wisconsin. But he also had a bad turnover and a couple missed layups late in that game that could've cost us

His name is Jalen Wilson.
Yeah. I thought that before I posted. He needs some help is what I'm saying lol he shouldn't have to score 30 for us every game
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:24 am
randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:16 am This team needs a playmaker guard that can shoot/go get a bucket
Gradey Dick and Jalen Wilson are as good as any top 2 options on any team in country.

Sure, it'd be nice if Ja Morant or Steph Curry was our PG, but they aren't on the roster. We don't have a better option than DH this year, and it's not particularly close.

Yes isn't as good as we hoped. Cuffe obviously isn't either. At least not yet. Bobby has bigger shooting issues than DH.
Yesefu annoys the shit out of me right now. Because he has that skill set. But he looks so god damn uncomfortable out there

Then pettiford is super comfortable. Poised little guard. But hes tiny and doesn't even know what a jumpshot is

I hope cuffe sticks around. Raw but talented
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:11 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:24 am

Yesefu annoys the shit out of me right now. Because he has that skill set. But he looks so god damn uncomfortable out there

Then pettiford is super comfortable. Poised little guard. But hes tiny and doesn't even know what a jumpshot is

I hope cuffe sticks around. Raw but talented
Here is the thing with Yesufu:

He wasn't highly ranked (by KU standards) coming out of HS.

He didn't start at Drake until injuries occurred to players ahead of him.

He had a really impressive last few months of the year at Drake and put up crazy numbers. But he took A LOT of shots to get those numbers.

I think he's better than he has shown in games at KU. But the fact Self called DH a better 3pt shooter than Yesufu is concerning.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I know the game thread is leaning toward blaming our bigs

buuuuut

2 points, 2 assists, 4 turnovers and 5 fouls in 18 minutes is like an all time bad staring PG stat line. Like that's the kind of shit that even makes Naadir Tharpe blush!

And, come on, it's not like he's some promising young freshman at this point.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Harris played like shit.
Everyone but Yesufu did.
Which means loss.

It’s gonna happen several more times.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess it's sort of a silver lining that Jalen playing like shit is still worth 14, 4, 3.

Mc had 7 and 7.

Yes, Yes had 14 off the bench. And like I said in the game thread, it's nice to see someone at the 1 who doesn't hesitate to shoot.

We may end up needing that more than we need the pure PG/defensive presence Dajuan can bring.

And if Bobby really is as fragile as he appears, we may need Yes out of necessity.

A non-pure-PG at the 1 might be an easier gamble with above average ball skills from our wings, too.

Either way, not big on more than 1 small guard out there at a time, at least with these personnel. but that might also depend a lot on whether MJ gets up to speed.