ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:32 am
Overreaction of the day
Deleted User 863

Re: Southern TX vs KU game thread

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:21 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:32 am
Overreaction of the day
Yes, but I can't say I didn't think it too, at certain points.

And hear me out, not to start over him and reduce his minutes. I still want KM to play a ton. Just to start so that our rotations are a little different. KM can basically come in for 3 or 4 guys, where as MJ can really only come in for 1 or 2.

But it doesn't really need to happen. I think starting KM is fine, even though I think we have tendency to get stagnant in the half court with DH KM and KJ all out there together. Although KM is hovering around 30% from 3pt which isn't too awful. I don't feel like he is forcing many of them.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mccullar is still a mile ahead of rice. But im happy rice had a good game. Hes talented. He can be a big lift for us off the bench. I think he's going to improve at a fast rate
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But I agree with you and our offense being stagnant with so many non shooters. Thats why I dont like pettiford lol. A tiny guard that doesn't fit is a terrible fit to be in the court with guys like harris, adams, mccullar
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:48 am Mccullar is still a mile ahead of rice.
Yes. KM is many miles ahead of Rice.
Deleted User 863

I am also way over simplying it. If KM helps JW and GD get more open looks by being better within the offense and knowing what to do/where to be, then it's a non issue. Sum of the parts is always most important.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

rock chalk blog might be one of the worst KU twitter follows.

They're pretty young, which isn't necessarily a knock. But they are incredibly whiny and are terrified of every opponent.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Pettiford not being a shooter is pretty much a non-issue unless he plays next to Dajuan. And he's only played next to Dajuan this year because Yesufu struggled out of the gate and Rice has been battling health.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but I thought Doyle's twitter handle was...nm
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:50 am rock chalk blog might be one of the worst KU twitter follows.

They're pretty young, which isn't necessarily a knock. But they are incredibly whiny and are terrified of every opponent.
They're the absolute worst.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:54 am but I thought Doyle's twitter handle was...nm
Doyel is fun on twitter. The KU vs kstate football game was a true Doyel experience. Pretty sure he fired the DC, said the defense stinks, that Kotelnicki got soft in the 2nd half and that they played scared.

Then immediately after the game, said it was a great season, they get a bowl game, he's proud of the team and much more.

It was the Doyel we all know and appreciate (except for pwhitt)
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:53 am Pettiford not being a shooter is pretty much a non-issue unless he plays next to Dajuan. And he's only played next to Dajuan this year because Yesufu struggled out of the gate and Rice has been battling health.
I hope you're right. I could still see Self trying to play Dajuan and Bobby as much as possible together, but at some point you gotta figure even a hall of fame coach might concede that actually scoring is more important than his stubborn bro crush on guards who can't shoot.

(it kinda blows my mind that a hall of fame coach legit hasn't had a PG with a jumper since Devonte)
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what if that HoF coach just values taking care of the ball, running the offense, and quality defense more?
Last edited by KUTradition on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Remy count?

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Remy might count

...but, remember the doghouse drama?!

(speaking of Self hating guards who can shoot)

It's hard to say tho since he only got to play like half a season.

But even when healthy, it seemed like Self hesitated to give him the keys to the Ferrari. Our most potent lineup last year was Dave/Jalen/CB/Och/Remy, but we didn't see it often, almost literally not even until 2nd half of the natty.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:32 am what if that HoF coach just values taking care of the ball, running the offense, and quality defense more?
But that's the thing!

taking care of the ball, running the offense, and quality defense aren't mutually exclusive with having a jumper too.

but I guess finding those 4 qualities in a player at once is just still difficult, even for a HoF coach at a blue blood program.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:32 am what if that HoF coach just values taking care of the ball, running the offense, and quality defense more?
That’s fine for the PG position.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:33 am Remy count?
Of course.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 am
Of course.
Then there is the answer to Oussie's point of Hall of Fame coach not having a PG with a jumper since Devonte.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:51 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 am
Of course.
Then there is the answer to Oussie's point of Hall of Fame coach not having a PG with a jumper since Devonte.
I like ous and often agree with him.

But the past year or so, all of his posts read like headlines and bylines of front page stories on NY Post or The Sun or something. Post first, then take cocaine.