Facebook, Google, et al

Coffee talk.
StayCurious

Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by StayCurious »

I got your point. I just disagreed with your conclusion. Figuring out the covid vaccine would not work was not something complicated. It could be seen a mile away by anyone who was looking for the truth.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol

don’t you ever get tired of just straight up lies
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:53 am youtube links would’ve been too obvious

the syntax, and general engagement with only those who sympathize with his lunacy, were dead giveaways

those, and the fact that he is almost exclusively posting in this and the covid thread
You were right, I was wrong.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea, the near-exclusive posting in the covid thread is a dead giveaway.

Psych would have at least taken the time to also pepper in some shit about how much he hates Cankles.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

One of my first research advisor's most important rules was to KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW. The point being, what is the stuff we are sure about and what is not? What are our assumptions? What are the boundary conditions? etc
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

StayCurious wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:49 pm Figuring out the covid vaccine would not work was not something complicated. It could be seen a mile away by anyone who was looking for the truth.
I guess I skipped I missed a few pages, but didn't deaths from covid go down after the vaccines came out?
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

I knew that no vaccine had ever previously been successful when created in a few months. I also knew that covid was part of the common cold family, which there has never been a successful vaccine for. Based on probabilities, I knew it was 99% likely it would not work. So I took a wait and see approach, and am glad I did.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

You said you figured out the covid vaccine would not work from a mile away. I asked you if deaths from covid went down after the vaccines came out. You did not answer my question.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

News flash: the world is not flat. I know, we have thought that it was flat for a long time. But we have some new info.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

They might have went down for a few weeks, but the virus mutates extremely fast that the vaccine is worthless over the long run. Because of this, some experts were stating that people would need to keep getting shots every few months (no thanks). But even that idea has turned out to be not true, given what we're seeing today. People's red flag alarms should have gone off when they were pushing for a 4th shot in one year. I mean, let's be real here. If the vaccines really worked, you wouldn't need 4 of them in a year.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i have no intent on getting another booster. that may change. but as is, i do not anticipate getting another.

covid is off my radar. has been for awhile.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Those vaccines saved a lot of lives from a super nasty variant or two. It is easy to be cavalier now that the present variant is lame. Lucky you.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:40 pm One of my first research advisor's most important rules was to KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW.
DrPepper wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:00 pm Those vaccines saved a lot of lives from a super nasty variant or two. It is easy to be cavalier now that the present variant is lame. Lucky you.
Is that a fact, or is that an assumption? Contradicts your first post. We have no way to compare if the people were actually better off because we don't have parallel realities.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the man phucqued it up so badly. the folks won't have it if we ever have a real event. they have lost our trust.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

There are LOTS of studies on the excess deaths. There are meta studies on the studies.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

thanks to dr fauci the folks will be skeptical. very skeptical of what comes out of the scientists trap. he set the profession way back.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

StayCurious wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:05 pm We have no way to compare if the people were actually better off because we don't have parallel realities.
couldn't you just compare serious illness/hospitalization/death rates among vaxxed vs unvaxxed?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

*Real estate crash in 2019 comes to mind*
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:40 pm One of my first research advisor's most important rules was to KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW. The point being, what is the stuff we are sure about and what is not? What are our assumptions? What are the boundary conditions? etc
would you agree that it’s more important to know (and admit) what you don’t know?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The thing about the "the vaccine was so effective argument" is it ignores the fact that covid had a 99 percent survival rate without vaccines.

And the bottom 1% of people are mainly elderly, obese, immunocompromised, or whatever pre-existing conditions. And they were possibly going to die anyways. Im sorry if thats you and sounds harsh but its true