Facebook, Google, et al

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by randylahey »

I agree that a 17 year old boy should not have put himself in that environment. But as a country we needed to come together somehow and put a stop to the riots.

But again its not like he went in and started shooting. I doubt he thought he'd actually use it. His first instinct was to run away
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:14 am Did you see that before Rittenhouse shot anyone he was actually running away and they continued to chase him?
I saw that they chased he because he shot someone. Did you not see the same thing?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:16 am Were they chasing after him to bring him his wallet or phone that he dropped?
Did I say they were?
Friendly suggestion..... Don't be a dumbfuck.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:48 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:12 am And why did you bring race into it? Lol it was white people that attacked him
You are really asking me why I brought race in to it?
What part of my scenario did I include Kyle Rittenhouse?
Yes. You randomly made a comment about shooting a black guy out of absolutely nowhere
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:50 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:16 am Were they chasing after him to bring him his wallet or phone that he dropped?
Did I say they were?
He isn't the one being a dumbfuck. You're using weird racist analogies and race baiting when it adds nothing productive or relevant to this conversation
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

At the time I remember asking, is a legal argument of self-defense even available when the accused is already engaging in unlawful behavior - namely, possessing a gun he wasn’t supposed to have, and also being out after curfew.

But instead, the judge dismissed the curfew charge (on the grounds that cops testifying a curfew was in place was not enough evidence to indicate a curfew was in place), and the weapons charge (on the grounds that an underage kid can possess a rifle for purposes of…wait for it…hunting

Then, the judge proceeded to lap up Kyle’s performative tears, but not before getting all cozy with him first.

Like for real how often does a murder suspect get to just kinda hang out with the judge?

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:51 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:48 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:12 am And why did you bring race into it? Lol it was white people that attacked him
You are really asking me why I brought race in to it?
What part of my scenario did I include Kyle Rittenhouse?
Yes. You randomly made a comment about shooting a black guy out of absolutely nowhere
Do you think a bunch of paramilitary cops in armored vehicles would let a dood at a riot running down the street with an assault rifle just keep on running and go home if he was black?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:49 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:14 am Did you see that before Rittenhouse shot anyone he was actually running away and they continued to chase him?
I saw that they chased he because he shot someone. Did you not see the same thing?
The first confrontation was an act of self defense too. Then the other 2 people attacked him after he shot the first person in self defense. I beleive the 2nd shot was at the skateboarder. All 3 were self defense. Rittenhouse did not initiate any of the confrontation, which is how he was able to be aquitted
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:49 am I agree that a 17 year old boy should not have put himself in that environment. But as a country we needed to come together somehow and put a stop to the riots.
There's no but.
He shouldn't have been there.
The police AND National Guard were there and had the power and ability to do what Kyle thought he needed to.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

who is karl rittenhouse. for those of us that live in a real world.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh yeah, put a stop to the riots.

You know, the anti-antifa riots.

Cuuuuuz if yer anti-anti-fascist, then what does that make you?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:31 am Rainbows brought race into and incident between white people, and then said some really racist shit about "assuming the black guy is a gang banger"
I did not bring race in to an incident "between white people". I brought race in to an imaginary scenario that involved YOU. I said YOU. Not Rittenhouse and those who "attacked" him and those who he shot.

Also, for someone who claims to have watched videos in their entirety, you sure aren't very observant.
You sure it was only white people who were involved in the "incident/s"? Hmmm.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:02 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:31 am Rainbows brought race into and incident between white people, and then said some really racist shit about "assuming the black guy is a gang banger"
I did not bring race in to an incident "between white people". I brought race in to an imaginary scenario that involved YOU. I said YOU. Not Rittenhouse and those who "attacked" him and those who he shot.

Also, for someone who claims to have watched videos in their entirety, you sure aren't very observant.
You sure it was only white people who were involved in the "incident/s"? Hmmm.
Three people were shot. 3 white guys. Those were the three that attacked him. Kyle is also white. You brought up some racist comment about shooting black guys
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:59 am Oh yeah, put a stop to the riots.

I'm against looting and rioting in general. Let's say police wrongfully kill a black man. How does looting and setting fire to black businesses in the same neighborhood serve a purpose?

Also police kill more white people than any other race. No riots there tho.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Did I say they were?
Did I say that you said they were?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:36 am There is nothing wrong with having a gun.

I do think there is something wrong with Rittenhouse taking a gun into that environment willingly. When he didn't "need" to.

He should have stayed home. He prevented nothing meaningful by going there that night.
This
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:12 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:59 am Oh yeah, put a stop to the riots.

I'm against looting and rioting in general. Let's say police wrongfully kill a black man. How does looting and setting fire to black businesses in the same neighborhood serve a purpose?

Also police kill more white people than any other race. No riots there tho.
Those poor oppressed white folks
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:16 am
Did I say they were?
Did I say that you said they were?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Kyle shoot have stayed home that night.
The liberal mob should have stayed home that night.

Nothing good really stemmed from that situation.

Protests are good. But when windows are broken, property is stolen or damaged, buildings are set ablaze, people are attacked, shots are fired... that's not a protest

Protesting is good.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was waiting for the argument to go full “it’s ok to kill people if you’re protecting private property”

Kyle was doing the lord’s work for that used car lot