Facebook, Google, et al

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by randylahey »

Yeah too many people are blinded by the your team vs my team battle. That goes for the left and the right.

I'm hopeful elon can stay true to being a neutral outlet.

Liberals are determined to shut it down before it ever has a chance. Im not sure why they are so threatened by that concept
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:00 pm Musk is creating diverse fact checking team
All races genders political affiliations

And for some reason his life is at risk. Hes literally receiving threats, being stalked, his family has been in danger. Why??? Everyone should see this as a good thing
Anyone break into his house and hit him in the head with a hammer?
Broham
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:10 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:00 pm Musk is creating diverse fact checking team

And for some reason his life is at risk. Hes literally receiving threats, being stalked, his family has been in danger. Why??? Everyone should see this as a good thing
Ahh, the tried and true whataboutism.

Color me shocked.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:08 pm Yeah too many people are blinded by the your team vs my team battle. That goes for the left and the right.

I'm hopeful elon can stay true to being a neutral outlet.
He just banned a slew of journalists.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Even though I am against Musk silencing free speech, it will serve as a lesson for people like Keith Olbermann as to why it was not okay to censor the President. Live and learn, Keith.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:10 pm

Doesn't appear that happened to Pelosi either.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

most of you are throwing around the term "journalist" like you know. i'm guessing most of you are too young to remember what a journalist is.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

lol, Mich. We did have real news back in the 1980s. These days, it's just nonsense about climate change and how you should hate Elon Musk.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

People can make up their own minds, but Pelosi was in a three way love triangle with a vagrant, it's obvious.
Much like it's obvious that drinking soda and eating pop rocks make your head explode.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you would have to be my age, or so, to know what a "journalist" is.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

pdub wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:27 pm Much like it's obvious that drinking soda and eating pop rocks make your head explode.
What's going to make my head explode is this thread.

So. Much. Dumb.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Elon's claim of why he banned them was cause of safety concerns
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

StayCurious wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:14 pm Even though I am against Musk silencing free speech, it will serve as a lesson for people like Keith Olbermann as to why it was not okay to censor the President. Live and learn, Keith.
Yeah, Keith. What were you thinking when you incited a violent mob to go attack the Capitol, encouraged the assassination of the VP and interfere with the peaceful transition of power. Live and learn, Keith.

Maybe if you had all these things you’d be invited back on Twitter!

It’s really funny seeing the “I don’t agree with it but it’s ok because I approve of who they are sticking it to, regardless of the merits” justification in action 😂😂
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:34 pm Elon's claim of why he banned them was cause of safety concerns
Which is complete bullshit.
He's just angry they are negatively covering his shit-tastic job since taking over at Twitter.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

StayCurious wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:14 pm Even though I am against Musk silencing free speech
Should have stopped there
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

StayCurious wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:26 pm lol, Mich. We did have real news back in the 1980s. These days, it's just nonsense about climate change and how you should hate Elon Musk.
We had real news on all outlets until Ronnie got rid of the truth and fairness doctrine in the news. What has it spawned? Misinformation and conspiracy theorists. Right wing 'news' sources remind me of evangelical preachers, not one word of truth in anything they say.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

zsn wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:37 pm
StayCurious wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:14 pm Even though I am against Musk silencing free speech, it will serve as a lesson for people like Keith Olbermann as to why it was not okay to censor the President. Live and learn, Keith.
Yeah, Keith. What were you thinking when you incited a violent mob to go attack the Capitol, encouraged the assassination of the VP and interfere with the peaceful transition of power. Live and learn, Keith.
That "violent mob" on January 6th did not kill one person. The only people who died were killed by police (woman shot in face) or another guy who had a heart attack. It was as peaceful of a protest as we've seen.

Compare that with the 2020 riots where the "peaceful protesters" murdered people, burned down businesses, including black lives.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

StayCurious wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:43 pm
zsn wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:37 pm
That "violent mob" on January 6th did not kill one person. The only people who died were killed by police (woman shot in face) or another guy who had a heart attack. It was as peaceful of a protest as we've seen.

Compare that with the 2020 riots where the "peaceful protesters" murdered people, burned down businesses, including black lives.
Tell us how the Jewish Space Lasers work
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"It was as peaceful of a protest as we've seen."

The fucking delusion.
Like a tragedy comedy.